Sterile gameplay, lucky wins... - General

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:32 pm

Hey hardcore liverpudlians!
I am agonising as I watch the Leeds game. Make or break for Houllier? Right noe, Liverpool is winning. What we need to emphasise is that Liverpool is winning by a lucky goal from a free kick which was poorly handled by Robinson.
As a die-hard fan, I must ask this, "how many times have ew won by the odd lucky goal or due to the opposition not being able to capitalise their good chances or by purely riding our luck?"
If Liverpool win this game, Houllier will keep his job. He has done a good job of making the whole team, regardless of the playing personnel, playing a rigid, unflexible and utterly predictable style. In short, the gameplan has become very sterile. We attack in such a predictable manner. No other options, no width, not utilising Kewell to his fullest potential. Over-utilising Houllier's favourite players (grossly overpriced, no real heart and tactically inflexible).
As I was finishing this, Liverpool scored another goal. Lucky for Houllier, he will keep his job. unlucky for us, we will have to endure this guy and his delusions for some more time.
Do the right thing, adn sack him. Liverpool is going nowhere with him, that's the reality we are facing. I read many views in this website and the general concensus is inclined towards getting rid of Houllier.
What rotten luck we loyal fans have, our general views are not heard...
For your info, I live in Malaysia but I became a fan since 1976 when I was in England during my father's post-graduate studies. From '88 to '93, I was in England myself and was still a Liverpool fan. Have been, still is and will always be a fan. Come what may...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:53 pm

Liverpool deserved to win,luck was not the reason.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Redlester » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:19 pm

All the same the pressure is off the manager who will coast on for who knows how long on the back of this - good to see the new signings scoring - long may it continue
Redlester

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion