Slipping down the financial ladder - Arsenal bigger than 'pool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Coley » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:11 am

I read in the paper today that LFC have slipped down the list of the worlds richest clubs.  We were 5th and now we are 8th.  Infact, Arsenal have jumped above us mainly due to increased Champions League revenue.  Arsenal's profits will go up as well when their new stadium is open.  We need to get our stadium built and get back in to the Champions League asap or we are going to end up a 2nd rate team financially as well as on the pitch (as we are at the moment).  Discuss.

P.S  Didn't mean that to sound like an essay topic!

:D
Coley

Postby shilton_red » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:26 pm

This is a very inaccurate suspicious list . Leeds are in it and they are skint .
In saying that we probably have dropped a bit due to inconsistancy on the field of play and purchasing alot of dead wood .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:27 pm

I read that article, I wouldn't read too much into it.  What they didn't point out is that (I found this in another source) we have only slipped by £3m a year.  Arsenal have jumped we haven't really slipped.  I wouldn't be too worried.  In fact if you look at it that way, if we move into a new stadium and get back into the champions league we will have made an increase rather than a fall.  I'll say it again, I wouldn't be too worried.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:45 pm

I'd say the list is reasonably accurate.

The reason that Leeds are in the list is because it is base on revenues, and not profits. People fortget how much money clubs take in from the Premiership.

We slipped because of the early elimination from the champions league but we are beginning to start to take in serious cash from merchandising.

I mean, Man UTD are about £40million a year ahead of us....a lot of money but not as great as I thought.

If we can increase our home gate to an average of 55,000, and qualify for the Champions League every year we wouldn't be that far behind UTD.

Arsenal's board reckons that Man UTD have peaked in financial terms and they hope to match UTD in revenues by 2010. If Arsenal can do that then there is no reason why we cant as well, as Liverpool have a far greater world wide brand name than Arsenal.

Go abroad anywhere on holidays and you'll see a lot of ManUre shirts. From my experience the next most worn shirt is the Liverpool red.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:56 pm

yeah the fact that man u are getteng 15,000 more fans through the turnstyles every week than their nearest rivals is a major concern. i'm all in favour of the new stadium on stanley park.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Puddy Heskey » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:37 pm

Im afraid to burst all ure bubbles boys but the highest jersey sales for the last number of years went to celtic.so ure goin to see more green and white than all the reds put together.
Puddy Heskey

Postby shilton_red » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:02 pm

Yes , with that aweful Carling on the front . When are we going to get a new sponsor . Im fed up with that Carsberg sign . Any ideas for a sponsor . RENAULT !!!!
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Coley » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:19 pm

Stella Artois.  It would have to be something French and expensive!!!
Coley

Postby Dom1 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:21 pm

like ure avatar Coley :D  i had that one once upon a time!!
Dom1
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Coley » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:29 pm

Cheers Dom.  That's generally how i look when watching the reds!
Coley

Postby big al » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:35 pm

dOM 1 i LIKE YOUR NEW AVATAR BETTER MATE THERE'S A TOUCH OF THE IRISH ABOUT IT,  GREENRED WHAT DO YOU THINK?
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:45 am

I'd like to see ''Coca Cola'' on the shirt. Huge company, same corporate colours. it would look pretty good.

:)
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:04 am

I heard Budweiser were going to make a bid to sponsor us.  Don't know how much truth there was in that, but it would look quite cool. :cool:
Coley

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:39 am

As for Jersey sponsorship, I think its only a matter of time before we sign a mega bucks deal with someone big, a more global brand than Carlsberg.

I don't care who sponsors us as long as they give us plenty of money to invest in players.

(fond memories of Crown Paints.....) :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ckay » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:54 am

I think Bill Gate's should become a football fan. Microsoft would look good on our shirts!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion