Sky sports comments - Comments after the game today

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:38 am

I think it's great, let these tools call us all the names in the world and belittle our chances on as regular basis as they like - just like they did ALL THE WAY through the Champions League campaign, in fact right up until about 10pm on 25th May when suddenly they all looked and felt a little bit stupid

Easiest team talk in the world - "you're the underdogs, everybody says you're sh!t, go show them otherwise"

keep those comments coming Niall Quim  :p
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:50 am

what do you expect the pundits to say? the evidence is there before their eyes. based on last seasons performances and pre-season, included the CL qualifiers you can see their points. with or without gerrard last season we struggled tooo often and were obviously way off the pace and couldn't motivate ourselves to step up one little gear and grab 4th spot. in the CL qualifiers this summer gerrard has scored 7 out of our 10 goals.

based on these facts alone your average football pundit is going to say were not champions material and that we'd struggle without gerrard. in many ways i have to agree, going on performance so far. there's no way we can be the same side as last season and still be considered contenders, CL champions or not.

what these people are not seeing is that we are more than capable of stepping up our quality this season. there is much more belief in the team and the fans and we have some promising new signings. all being well we won't have the terrible injuries of last season and will be able to put out our strongest team whenever possible.

i think these pundits are just being a little shortsighted but i'm not at all surprised.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:35 am

andy_g wrote:what do you expect the pundits to say? the evidence is there before their eyes. based on last seasons performances and pre-season, included the CL qualifiers you can see their points. with or without gerrard last season we struggled tooo often and were obviously way off the pace and couldn't motivate ourselves to step up one little gear and grab 4th spot. in the CL qualifiers this summer gerrard has scored 7 out of our 10 goals.

based on these facts alone your average football pundit is going to say were not champions material and that we'd struggle without gerrard. in many ways i have to agree, going on performance so far. there's no way we can be the same side as last season and still be considered contenders, CL champions or not.

what these people are not seeing is that we are more than capable of stepping up our quality this season. there is much more belief in the team and the fans and we have some promising new signings. all being well we won't have the terrible injuries of last season and will be able to put out our strongest team whenever possible.

i think these pundits are just being a little shortsighted but i'm not at all surprised.

Great post.. well thought out and spot on.

Although the whole "top 10" sh1t Niall Quinn was on aboutwas way off the mark.

I would be happy with 3rd or 4th this season as long as we are only about 10 points behind the champions.  That would show real improvement, although 2nd is not impossible
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:47 am

Niall quin said no to challenging for the title and said if stevie g would have left Liverpool this summer we would have only been a top ten side and maybe even struggled for that

I saw this aswell, the guy must be on crack!

As for Andy Grey this guy def knows how to contridict himself, he said in the other day lthat we'll be pushing at the top!!!!

At the end of the day there all idiots and we know that! :blues:

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:47 am

Niall Quinn actually said that without Gerrard he felt we would be a mid table side!  I really hope we sneak up on the other three and finish second mainly because I've got a £20 bet with an Evertonian  that we will finish about Man U :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red marauder » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:14 am

Finish above Man Ure,That'll do for me.

The Rafalution will be televised
RED MARAUDER
red marauder

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:35 am

woolybacks statement is spot on.
We respond to being written off and made underdogs.
I dont want all these so called EXPERTS to start talking us up, players then become complacent.
I prefer it myself when the lads prove everyone wrong.
To an extent i can see where they are coming from, without Gerrard we are a different team, and struggle a bit to create openings.
But he didnt play in some of the biggest games last season and we still got results (juve away).

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:35 am

philchampionsl2005 wrote:i was watching the after match talking today after an average game where the jammy chelski won again. And the sky sports pundits, richard keys, niall quinn, slaphead ray wilkins and always red andy gray were talking about the title challengers and the usually i'll clean your :censored: chelsea, when the came to Liverpool. The comments :censored: me off so badly, Niall quin said no to challenging for the title and said if stevie g would have left Liverpool this summer we would have only been a top ten side and maybe even struggled for that, also he siad that tottenham can challenge for the title and should be in top four, lost any respect i had for this man.Wilkins said where where in with a chance but only with stevie. And andy gray said that we havn't made good enough signings this summer only additions to the squad which in a little case i agree we have not made any signings that would scare the top three, but how i would love us to prove them so wrong.

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

Those who can, manage. Those who can't, talk sh!t on TV.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:37 pm

Andy, we've won more games without Gerrard in our squad than we have with him so to say that we would struggle to even finish in the top ten is absolute ^$%$#%$#%$%$%$#%

Doesn't Quin understand that if we sold Gerrard we would have the money to find his replacement along with adding other good players to the squad?

FFS do these pundits think before they run their mouth?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sean » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:18 pm

Don't be too hard on Quinn.  Remember he spent 15 years having footballs landing on his head so is probabaly a bit brain damaged.....I mean he agreed with Mick McCarthy when Irelands captain and best player (Roy Keane) was sent home just before the 2002 world cup.  Anything he says shouldn't be taken to seriously.

As for Andy Gray....the guy simply bores me.....same rubbish season after season.....he and Richard Keys have been the faces of Sky Sports since the start of the premiership in '92.  It would be refreshing if Sky terminated their contracts and introduced fresh blood.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby lfclfclfc » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:22 pm

pundits are not paid to think, they are paid to sprout nonsence so that ppl can have a go at them.  :D

As usual, we'll prove it on the field. go reds!
lfclfclfc

Postby drummerphil » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:29 pm

i agree on the new signings though to a point.We have hardly signed a world beater have we.
Good squad players but that certain "dalglish,fowler,Beardsley,barnes" individual who can produce sublime skill and create something from nothing we havent got,
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:57 pm

A.B. wrote:Andy, we've won more games without Gerrard in our squad than we have with him so to say that we would struggle to even finish in the top ten is absolute ^$%$#%$#%$%$%$#%

FFS do these pundits think before they run their mouth?

you're right AB. but gerrard is, in the pundits and most of the viewing publics eyes, the most visible player of LFC, if you see what i mean. and to be honest the performances of the new, focussed, happy gerrard of pre season only serves to reinforce that image. we know that pundits don't look to hard at stats when they are shooting their mouths off.

which provides the answer to your last question... very rarely.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:51 pm

Quinn is usually dimplomatic, but the micky said some harsh cracks about liverpool, i must admit.  That other sneaky rat Ray the "i managed Millwall you know" Wilkins is not even worth a comment, he a straight pillow biter on the recieving end of Richards hairy ape di.ck.
109-1093441336

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:59 pm

I had a spurs mate who bet me £20 spurs would finish above liverpool this season, i swiftly took the bet!
Then someone showed me that Old Moore’s Betting Almanack predict Spurs 4th place finish.

Has the world gone mad? Just because they signed goggle wearing junkie people think they're world beaters!

:D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion