Shanks - The quote

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby E7. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:40 am

LFC #1 wrote:mate, have you had a line or something? :D

Na, na. I'm straight. F*ck it. I know I have a laugh. We all do or should but I'm staight up with this. Look mate I've got to go, (I'm lecturing in the morning), but I'm going to read up on this bloke. I know he was one of the best managers. I'm not taking the p*ss out of ya. But I think he might have been a wrong 'un. I'll chat ya later. Good luck from the sunny Muslem Republic of Newham.
E7.

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:42 am

cya later E7, stay off the coke. :D
Last edited by LFC #1 on Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:26 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:“My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don’t need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool’s players keeps them motivated. For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side. The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great – yet humble. I’m just one of the people who stands on the Kop. They think the same as I do, and I think the same as they do. It’s a kind of marriage of people who like each other. At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques. Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple. I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her. A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves. Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say ‘We’re Liverpool’. If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.”

I love that man, he truely was one of the greatest men to ever grace the game of football!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:34 am

E7. wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
E7. wrote:Seriously though, do you think he would have broken her legs? I mean that’s a bit much isn’t it? He was more than likely bigger than her so a simple slap would have done. It’s a bit over the top if you ask me, still, I’m not a Scouser. So what do I know about leg breaking???

I think Shanks is just trying to emphasise how competitive he was and that he would never cheat.

You might be on to something there LFC#1. But it's just that his profile fits for a "wife beater", you know? Very popular, high profile job, got to keep up the brave face when the pressure comes on and then BAM> Get's home to give "Er in doors" a right pasting. He could have let something slip there. I mean has anyone in the know ever come out a defended him on this? Just thinking like!

.. ummm  your club has enuff head bangers and wife beaters around for you to fill the pages of you club programme and fanzines.. with articles over to fill the pages for the next decade...

...can you not come on this forum and make ludicrous assumptions about one of the greatest football managers this country has ever had ...

..he had a vision for where he wanted this club.. and he delivered that...

..who carrys a vision for your club... the Plumber ? Cos your going fast down the pan ...

.. heard all u Hammers "fans" on saturday moaning on talk sport and 606.... ain't nice at the moment for ya is it..  :p
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:51 am

firstly, Leon thats the best thing you've put on this forum.

secondly, why is it so hard for some people to understand certain types of humour? (the leg-breaking thing)

that west ham lad just doesnt get it.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:59 am

E7. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:“.....I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her.........”

I bet he was a laugh to be maried to. What a thug.  :angry:

Slightly missed the point there  E7............. complainin about thugs as a West Ham Fan..................................News just in 'Pot calls Kettle Black'  :D.......................................  Ince, Dicks, Alvin Martin need i go on :D

That Quote should be on a poster on the Dressing room wall. over that pic in a Kitchener 'Your country Needs you ' kinda thing.  :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:30 pm

E7. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:“.....I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her.........”

he meant he'll never cheat the club when he is wearing red, and never cheat his wife as a family man.

but then it's too much for you to read between the lines is it?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:47 pm

Firstly what a great man I never tire of reading Shankly quotes and books about the man

Respect

Oh and Hammer man I reckon your on a wind up but doesnt it hurt you that with all the great players youve had and the huge potential with your club your all just a mickey mouse outfit

If Shanks went to West Ham he'd have been sacked thats what probably riles you all those what ifs

Cant imagine Shanks nicking jewellery as well  :p
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:31 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
E7. wrote:

Listen unlike other forums, we tolerate fans of other clubs

haha, u lying b*stard  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby E7. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:36 pm

zarababe wrote:...can you not come on this forum and make ludicrous assumptions about one of the greatest football managers this country has ever had ...

..who carrys a vision for your club... the Plumber ? Cos your going fast down the pan ...

.. heard all u Hammers "fans" on saturday moaning on talk sport and 606.... ain't nice at the moment for ya is it..  :p

Hang on sweetheart, him being "one of the greatest football managers this country has ever had" has naff all to do with my suspicions of this man.
As for the "plumber" joke. You could be right, because we are ****** at the moment. And "no" it ain't nice at the moment for us Hammers or any team's fans that have gone down in the last few years. In fact it's "sh*te", but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on things that interest me. Why don't you re-read my posts with this in mind darling.  :grinning:
E7.

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:37 pm

E7. wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
E7. wrote:Seriously though, do you think he would have broken her legs? I mean that’s a bit much isn’t it? He was more than likely bigger than her so a simple slap would have done. It’s a bit over the top if you ask me, still, I’m not a Scouser. So what do I know about leg breaking???

I think Shanks is just trying to emphasise how competitive he was and that he would never cheat.

You might be on to something there LFC#1. But it's just that his profile fits for a "wife beater", you know? Very popular, high profile job, got to keep up the brave face when the pressure comes on and then BAM> Get's home to give "Er in doors" a right pasting. He could have let something slip there. I mean has anyone in the know ever come out a defended him on this? Just thinking like!

LESSON NUMBER ONE: DON'T ****** OFF LFC #1
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:38 pm

:D  he got ya there zbabe !!

....go on....is it my turn now!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby E7. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:39 pm

who the hell is diarra wrote:
E7. wrote:

Slightly missed the point there  E7............. complainin about thugs as a West Ham Fan..................................News just in 'Pot calls Kettle Black'  :D.......................................  Ince, Dicks, Alvin Martin need i go on :D

That Quote should be on a poster on the Dressing room wall. over that pic in a Kitchener 'Your country Needs you ' kinda thing.  :D

Are they the only West Ham players you know? You missed Razor....  :D
E7.

Postby E7. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:42 pm

Santa wrote:
E7. wrote:

he meant he'll never cheat the club when he is wearing red, and never cheat his wife as a family man.

but then it's too much for you to read between the lines is it?

No. He meant what he said, (he would break her legs), otherwise it's all nuts. It's you who can't read the actual lines mate.  ???
E7.

Postby E7. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:46 pm

taff wrote:Firstly what a great man I never tire of reading Shankly quotes and books about the man

Respect

Oh and Hammer man I reckon your on a wind up but doesnt it hurt you that with all the great players youve had and the huge potential with your club your all just a mickey mouse outfit

If Shanks went to West Ham he'd have been sacked thats what probably riles you all those what ifs

Cant imagine Shanks nicking jewellery as well  :p

Yep. Great football manager. But then again I said that last night, didn't I?
Our team's ****** mate. Our fans have known that longer than most. But you won't find me sulking off somewhere or pretending to be a fan of another team. Oh and while I'm talking to ya, which one of our managers is suposed to have nicked some tom foolery?
E7.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion