Rick needs applauding for his honesty - Brian clough ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:38 pm

The unbelievable hypocrisy  and double standards of the press once again reared its deformed head   this morning ,when it condemned the comments of Liverpool’s Chief Executive Rick Parry for his comments concerning  Brian Cloughs involvement in the bung enquiry back in 1993 .

Garry Birtles was particularly  derisive in  his condemnation of Parry his words were “How can anyone be so insensitive ? Seem especially irritating  when taken into context the comments of Clough regarding the memory of the 96 who perished at Hillsborough .

Clough took controversy to new extremes and was heralded for his honesty and candidness  but he tarnished his image amongst us Scousers  conclusively  with his ill advised  slur on the character of  Liverpool fans and was ultimately never forgiven .

I offer my sympathy to Nigel and family but after that I will personally shed no tears for a man who showed no remorse or indeed sympathy for the families of the deceased  and I commend Rick Parry for his Honesty the man has  risen significantly in my estimation . (The paper in question is the Daily Express ) .Anyone  else read the article ?

???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:42 pm

i understand what parry is saying, but the timing is all wrong :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Storm » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:45 pm

No but I have post elsewhere on the forum regarding the bung and Clough was implicated in this and was only saved by his fortuitous decision to resign due to ill health.

If I remember correctly didn't he also attack a fan while being interviewed on the TV?

I also understand he had limited tactical skills (putting it politely I know).
Storm

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:47 pm

Definately bad timing, makes him seem very tactless
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:53 pm

I find it refreshing that someone as high profile as Parry would proffer his views when all and sundry are sweeping Cloughs indiscretions under the carpet .I understand the timing may be a touch indelicate St Michael but the truth is his passing will not induce a single tear from true Liverpool fans ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:47 pm

Parry should have waited a few weeks.The bloke isnt buried yet.Why didnt he say something earlier anyway? it seems a bit cowardly to rake it all up now when the bloke cant defend himself.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Storm » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:06 pm

Parry headed the committee that looked into Clough's wrongdoing, the other scam of course is that the FA didn't pursue him.

Yet again an indication of the football masons being evident.
Storm

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion