Rafas record . - Not the lp version.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:33 pm

i'll predict rafa will win the league at least once in the next 3 or 4 years....this season's gone..dnt think it'll happen next season...season after a think we'd get closer to the top and then win it and go on a great run  :D  :D  :;):
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:05 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Kid a wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:WON  18       DRAWN  11     LOST  15

overall matches = 18+11+15= 44
overall prospective points=44 x 3 =132

won 18 x 3 = 54
drawn 11 x 1 = 11
points collected = 54 + 11 = 65

equals 65 out of prospective 132
is just far from expected TBH

In putting it that way, for every game we play as of this moment we have the odds against us. Taking the record into account that is. A LESS than 50 percent chance of coming away with anything from each game. That's insanity. His record is mediocre, if not poor. There's no sugar-coating this. That's a fact.

Thats not quite right is it? We took points from 29/44 matches. Thats virtually a 66% chance of gaining points. The win percentage is around 41%. Ferguson was 1 game away from getting Man U relegated when he joined them. Rafa is the man, but certain players are rubbish. Thats it.

That's another way to look at it. I was looking at it in the way that there were 132 points to be had, and we only gained 65 from those possible points. Less than half. I think I might have made my logic a bit fuzzy and worded things the wrong way. I made a mistake, I guess. I won't deny it! ha. You would be right with the percentages. Atleast I think you would be right, I didn't bother to do the math.  :D

What I meant to say is Rafa's record is him and the team achieving less than 50 percent of what there is to be had.
Kid a

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:08 am

Ah I see!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:31 am

RedWolf35 wrote:I feel so strongly I posted it twice

Rafa   I love you 

:buttrock

By the sounds of it your ex-wife left you once she found you were a whining c#nt and batted for the other side.

If you dont like the thread f#ck off then ,shirt lifter. .
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:26 pm

I think it was Winston Churchill who said that "I only rely on the statistics that I manipulate myself"

So do I

equals 65 out of prospective 132
is just far from expected TBH

If you look it that way, you could make the mistake of understanding "we have achieved the half of what we should". But in a league of 20 teams and 3 points per win, if you look through out the years, you'll find that 43 points is the safe point in which a team can be regarded safe from relegation, and 65 points will leave you around the UEFA places (in Spain, fitth and sixth places) but that's not as sure af the  43 points line. With 70 points you have more than enough to be UEFA team, no matter what.

So IMHO, getting 65 points in a season in which the team has been playing tough matches on wednesdays, with injuries and not a deep squad with quality subs, I'd say More than ok season.

The same performance in a year with no CL competition, would be a bit poor for my taste.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:39 pm

1 season= 1 European Cup 1x Super Cup Runners Up in League Cup.

Very good imo.

Sir Alex got what in his 1st season= Nothing

We ain't Madrid rafa gets a good crack at the whip, very bad injuries, Houlliers terrible squad and debt. Rafa is a living legend from now to eternity:p
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:57 pm

:D but this thread is not about winning the biggest prize in club football.. don't ya get it :D :laugh: I think a letter to Rafa.. should be written .. like a letter to Brezhnev..

..umm lets see now.. Dear Rafa... apart from winning the European Cup.. what else have you actually achieved  :D :laugh:
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion