Rafa - Strong words

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:15 pm

Check this

Rafael Benitez has revealed the huge confidence in the Liverpool camp ahead of tonight's Champions League clash with Olympiacos by insisting: "We're sure we will win."
The Reds need a 1-0 victory or, if Monaco win in La Coruna, a two goal winning margin to book themselves a place in the last 16 of the competition.

Another memorable European night lies ahead and Benitez is confident his players will deliver the goods in front of a packed Anfield.

"We are sure we will win," said the boss. "Sometime before a game you can go into it thinking 'we don't know what will happen'.

"In football, you never know. But for this game, we are going into it sure we will win. That's the only attitude we can have.

"I don't think about not winning. I like these kind of games. This is why I came to Liverpool, so I could be a part of the atmosphere.

"We will play with a high tempo, keep the crowd with us and do our best to take control of the game.

"Our intention is to score more than one goal so we can be certain of qualification. Then it won't matter what happens in the other game.

"Of course, our mind must be focused on our own game. We know how important is for the club and for the future to win.

"The supporters live for these kind of games and we are sure they will be with us.

"The fans are very important to us and I don't think I need to say anything to them about the atmosphere because I know they'll be with us."

"We will give everything we have and show the mentality a game like this demands."

Wow, the lads and rafa himself must have been working hard. If Rafa says we'll will win, I will not worry becuase they we'lll win...................unless Rafa looses and makes a fool outta himself  ???  ???
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:41 pm

He is asking for trouble...
Red_Si

Postby Santa » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:40 pm

I have a feeling the Greeks will defend deep. Expect time wasting, theatratical play-acting and any tricks up their sleeves to throw us off our stride. We need to be very patient and organised. Cool heads are needed tonight. Rafa should be well versed in this type of games...go boys, make us proud to be RED!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:47 pm

If us and Monaco win the greeks are out so I dont think they will be defensive atall, bloody bummer tho no Biscan or Hamman :glare:
Hope Diao doesnt play :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion