Now it really is time for rafa... - ...to call for a strong ref

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KARMANI » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:06 pm

A lot of people here don't think we should bother with Mourinho's mind games and manipulation of officials through the media, but personally I believe we should play him at his own game.

I think Rafa should indulge, stand up and call for a strong referee, pointing to Alonso's booking in particular from the first leg and the numerous fouls Chelsea actually got away with that could and should have been bookings. He should also encourage our players to go to ground if it's going to get some of their players a booking away from the next European game into the book. I'm sick to death of us being cheated and people cheating us, it's time to play them at their own game. Target Cole for his diving, Gallas, Johnson and Carvalho. By half time they could have three players out there who know they're already going to miss the final if they get there, bound to affect them as a team.

Above all we need to keep possession, keep it tight and forge the better chances and win by playing in the right way, but we really must make at least an attempt to play them at their own game.
KARMANI

Postby Woollyback » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:18 pm

We don't need to stoop to that level, it's not The Liverpool Way, and its not Rafa's style

Rafa has proved he is a tactical mastermind when it comes to Europe (ask Fabio Capello) and he will be comfortable that we will do our talking on the field without resorting to gobsh1ting
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:35 am

I'd still call for a strong ref
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:44 am

Good idea Rafa should call for a strong ref,its not stooping to their level but if Maureen can ask for a stronger ref and get one so should we.
66-1112520797

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:58 am

its not Liverpool way to stoop to Chelsea level.they can do whatever they want to n we will do in any way we want to.its a big doubt Rafa fells into Mourinho mind games.Rafa is a intelligent man n that's why he's Liverpool coach.

YNWA.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:21 am

True maybe its not the Liverpool way ,but it makes me think that

being the nice guys all the time wont win you trophies.
66-1112520797

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:27 am

being the nice guys all the time wont win you trophies

Then explain how Valencia won the UEFA Cup and two La Liga titles under Benitez?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:34 am

Dont know didnt follow Valencia throught their season.
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:12 am

i don't want our players to cheat...but i wouldn't mind if they use bullying tactics against the ref (whenever a decision goes against us). The scums & arsenal are master of this. No wonder they have been sucessful these last few years. Now chelsea are also doing it.

Maybe players like gerrard & carra have to give it to the ref from time to time....we are no pushovers. I am really dismayed by the quality of refs in our games this season. People have said these bad decisions will even out thru the course of the season......Well it is almost the E-O-S and unless we get 3 penalities in each of our remaining games....i say we have been screwed badly by incompetant refs.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion