4th
5%
5th
No votes
GH returns and we finish below Everton
8%

Total votes : 40

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:46 pm

I'm not saying this because they're Everton, but objectively, I'd be getting quite worried if I was a Bluenose. They were poor last year and will be poor again next year.

Teams that bounce back up after relegation (like Charlton) can spring some surprises and I can see WBA making a decent attempt at staying up, which would mean one established Premiership team slipping through the trap door. Everton are as "good" a candidate as any for that to happen.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:32 pm

I honestlt think that the first four games will dictate the rest of the season.

If last seasons slackers realise that the future has changed and pull the stops out straight away then they may survive. If the blaggers from last season think they can con Rafa then they are in for a surprise.
All Well - 2nd (or 1st)
Transitional - 6th (or 1st)
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby frenchbutfan » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:23 pm

well, even if i hope that we'll finished at the first place, i think that the second one would really be a great pleasure... and with cissé at the first stricker's place of course !
Sorry for my english....
frenchbutfan

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:47 pm

TheHustler wrote:
Voices from Yates wrote:Just a bit of a laugh, but well worth checking back on, in the Spring of 05. By then , we'll really have enough games to pass an informed opinion on Rafa. Anyway, everyone's an expect before the season starts. :cool:

this is a major silly post! .. and premature too, as Rafa hasnt yet signed any players, and the rubbish from last season is still there. you should wait until a new team is in place, and then say "right with those players we could challenge  the leaders etc" and not beforehand!
With the same team, barring Cisse, Id say more or less the same as this years finish (by the same points margin), as Baros will not get a start ahead of Owen or Cisse.

So come on Rafa buy some players~!

Muppet
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:53 pm

One sign of a good manager is being able to get the best out of underachieving players.

Not one of the players signed by Houllier had a reputation for being "poor" before they came to Liverpool: Diao, Cheyrou, Diouff, Biscan, Heskey, Troare etc all had glowing reputations when we signed them, so I don't think Benitez has "******" to work with.

What he has is a bunch of largely underachieving players, and his mettle will be tested by trying to get some of the players to perform.

Of course he'll have no choice but to sell a number of players and bring in some of his own, but if a player wants to stay at Anfield, is prepared to work hard and stays injury free, then we will see how good a manager Benitez is.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Voices from Yates » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:08 am

I started the poll with "Just a bit of a laugh but well worth checking back on, in the Spring of 05".

The ustler responded with  "this is a major silly post! .. and premature too"

?? Did he really read it?? Oh well... :;):
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion