4th
5%
5th
No votes
GH returns and we finish below Everton
8%

Total votes : 40

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:32 pm

I'm going to be realistic an say 4th.  Obviously the title would be great but I really can't see it happening.  My top 10 prediction is

1.Man U (gasps all round)
2.Arsenal
3.Chelsea
4.Liverpool
5.Newcastle
6.Middlesborough
7.Blackburn (gasps all round but surely they can't do as badly again...)
8.Aston Villa
9.Bolton
10.Birmingham

I sincerely hope its a four horse race this year instead of last season where GH gave up the title less than halfway into the season.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby zarababe » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:47 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:We finished 30 points off the winners last season.......how can people be so optimistic?

Houllier may be gone, but as good as Benetiz' record is, no one can say with certainty that he can duplicate his success in England.

I think we will see an improvement next season, but I'm sticking to a 4th place prediction so any improvement on that will be a bonus.

Predicting or hoping for 1st could lead to a lot of angry posts here next October and November!

Is there not the possibility that we could play as a team and be a lot better .. while others may slip a bit... Arsenal are awesome , but a lot of theire stars had a poor Euro 2004..

I don't now.. I'm just excited.. and if we do really well .. I hope I'm able to say "told u so"  :)
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:21 pm

I'll just be happy if it's a tight 4 horse race between us, manure, the ar*e and Chelski. As long as we finish in the top tier and no more than 9 points behind the winners I'll be chuffed.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:02 pm

Benitez is a winner and managed to win la liga in his 1st season and with 3 or 4 quality signings in defence and midfield there is no reason we cannot challenge right to the end of the season.

Have arsenal or the scum improved their team ???

Even chelsea IMO Robben isn't as good as Duff,Czech doesn't look any better than Cudicini and even Ferreira at 13m isn't much better than Johnson. :D
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmyb » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:08 pm

I think we,ll finish fourth again,i just hope that we play good football again so i can enjoy some home games
jimmyb

Postby fritzylfc » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:08 pm

if bennie can turn around our home form and stop getting beat by relagation teams which of haunted our progress over a number of years we  could  easily be fighting for the championship.
fritzylfc

Postby rse » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:33 pm

Finishing in single figures behind the leaders would represent real progress in my book.  Cant see it though, but 10-12 points adrift in third would still show progression and hope for the future.

Kop CD Info
rse

Postby Lord Lucan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:06 pm

Think we may sneak into the top three, like many im all clamy with anticipation and a certain air of expectancy. Somthing wonderful is about to happen 'COME ON YOU REDS' na sod it 'CHAMPIONS 2004-2005'
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly
Lord Lucan

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:52 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:You will finish below West Brom.

Oh, we're suddenly the all-f.ookin.g-mighty are we now, calling the shots cause we've got a little bit of Russian cash behind us?

Don't make me laugh!  :D   :D   :D

You's have as much chance of winning the league as us and yous know it!!  You's certainly aren't unbeatable, so less of the West Brom bollox.

Enjoy your moment in the spotlight, it's you that has everything to prove, i'd keep an eye on your own club before you pass judgment on ours.  Where will yous be when Abramovich gets bored, takes his fat friend Kenyon with him and fooks off?

That's right, left hanging out to dry!!!

Leeds-Land here you come!!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby madred » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:00 pm

I wonder why you are here Chelsea Fan? Not something to do with a certain Stevie G is it?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:57 pm

Voices from Yates wrote:Just a bit of a laugh, but well worth checking back on, in the Spring of 05. By then , we'll really have enough games to pass an informed opinion on Rafa. Anyway, everyone's an expect before the season starts. :cool:

this is a major silly post! .. and premature too, as Rafa hasnt yet signed any players, and the rubbish from last season is still there. you should wait until a new team is in place, and then say "right with those players we could challenge  the leaders etc" and not beforehand!
With the same team, barring Cisse, Id say more or less the same as this years finish (by the same points margin), as Baros will not get a start ahead of Owen or Cisse.

So come on Rafa buy some players~!
84-1083280474

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:01 am

Hustler, a good measure or indicator of a manager/coach is how he can improve the playing results and the playing quality by improving the present crop of players who were rubbish from the last season.

As it is, all of the fans have been bouyed by the fact that Rafa is a proven winner and so, the extectations are running high. Can't blame them for the enthusiasm. Rafa has so far resisted the temptation of "doing a Maurinho" by talking as if he is the next best thing to God.

Good luck Rafa, I will take 2nd or 3rd over outright winning of the Premiership, which I believe is expecting a bit too much too soon as Rafa has yet to taste the English game fully, as long as we show a genuine improvement and do not finish closer to the bottom than the top like last season.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 98-1069656924 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:33 am

i seriously think liverpool will finish about 10th...reasons why? ???
after about 2 months stevie (fool) gerrard will realise that liverpool are just as ****** as they were last season and wonder why he didnt sign for chelsea and it will affect his form...
owen will never recapture his form and your new manager will take at least two seasons to get used to the premier league and will probably buy too many spanish players who will not be physically strong enough to hack it in the premiership
:D  :p  :blues:
98-1069656924

Postby taff » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:49 pm

:p
You sound like a worried man Bazza
You just worry about your team or is the reality too scary so you wander cyberspace dissing other clubs  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:01 pm

I think Everton will end up Champions!...... sorry, typed that wrong. I think Everton will will end up in the Championship and Rooney will leave for £5 million.

Bye bye blue scum....down you go!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion