Poll - Who is our most important player in the run in?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Who is our most important player in the run in?

1. Allison
No votes
66. Alexander Arnold
No votes
23. Matip
No votes
4. Van Dijk
33%
26. Robertson
No votes
3. Fabinho
25%
6. Thiago
No votes
14. Henderson
17%
11. Salah
8%
9. Firmino
17%

Total votes : 12

Postby fivecups » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:59 pm

Vote and Discuss here! I'll give me thoughts below.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:04 pm

The XI who start- Klopps team(s) are all about the sum of the parts being greater than the individuals.

No Fabhino- we likely don't win it

No Salah - ditto

No VVD- ditto

No Allison ditto etc etc

Because all of them make the team function/tick to the maximum collectively.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:18 pm

I voted for Virgil because we've seen what happens if he's gone for a prolonged period but I agree with the above, there really isn't one player that is more or less important than everyone else in this team. At least the first 11, they are all probably equally important.

There is one man maybe that we can't do without and that's Jurgen Klopp.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:21 am

All those players are important to us but we could also argue Diaz this year as he has brought a hunger and confidence that seems to have lit a spark in the other offensive players. I’d say the only one that seems “worse” or less effective after Diaz came is Mo, Mane who Diaz is supposed to “replace” seems better or more effective since Diaz arrived.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:12 pm

Il say Mo. His goals are a big part of our success and even if he isn't scoring (as of late) his running is vital to stretching defences. No one else is as direct as he is and without him the rest will keep going sideways and back 90% of the time.

There are many others though who are vital cogs in the machine like the centre halves, Fabinho and Ali. Diaz has been really good as well. Without Mo though I feel that intensity just isn't there.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:52 pm

It's Virgil by a mile. Last year showed he's virtually irreplaceable to how we play with the high line. We have Diaz who can replace Mo, Hendo could fit in for Fab, Keheller could do well enough for Alisson.

Trent would be a huge blow.. that's one area we haven't got a quality replacement.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:39 pm

Lot's of good points on this thread which really shows who well our players are integrated into a single cohesive team. I've gone for Fabinho, I always think the pundits miss the importance of the defensive midfielder to a succesful team. He is one of the most consistent players we have. Our game is one of possession, when we don't have the ball our aim is to win it back as quickly as possible. We are immense at this, our co-ordinated pressing starting from the front usually results in regaining possession after the 2nd/3rd pressing phase. We are also very careful not to lose the ball when we have it. Fabinho is the master at winning the ball back, he is so clever and tracking a player and putting in a well timed tackle or interception. I don't see anyone else who can do this, Hendo can cover if needed but not with the same effectiveness so I've gone for Fabinho.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:09 pm

I think the most important individual is Margret in the café, the lads need her rolls and pies.

I went for VVD, if he is out we are screwed, he commands our backline and compliments well with Matip. Agree with other posts also, Fabiniho is also an important cog and the attackers but for me if our titan VVD is out then our shield at the back will be vulnerable. I would also give a shout out for Allison, the amount of saves and crucial balls he delivers goes unnoticed. Kelleher is good but not on the same influential level.

Btw 2 votes for Firmino  :D  has to be trolls.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:34 am

Hendo.  As we saw again last night the whole tempo of the game changes whenever he runs onto the field. He doesn't score goals. he doesn't save goals - he runs the show. During April's incredible run of games - Benfica, City, Benfica, City, United and Everton... we're going to need a true leader.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat May 14, 2022 12:06 pm

For me we always do better with the skipper in the side. Hendo is a true captain in every sense of the word and inspires the team.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion