Players a bit too confident!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:10 am

Just reading over comments by certain players and Im afraid that we are playing into chelsea's hands already!

Nanda and Garcia have come out fighting saying:

Liverpool's attacking line have come out fighting ahead of their FA Cup semi-final with Chelsea, claiming The Blues are no longer invincible.

Striker Fernando Morientes and attacking midfielder Luis Garcia will both be hoping for a start in the showdown at Old Trafford, and the mind games have already started.

"I think Chelsea were a much harder outfit to beat when they were winning easily," Morientes told The Sun.

"But now the season is catching up with them. They don't have that invincible air about them any more," he said.

Meanwhile, fellow Spaniard Garcia, who scored the decisive goal of the UEFA Champions League victory over The Blues last season, believes the Anfield outfit will be difficult to beat.

"Liverpool always cause Chelsea problems," said the 27-year old. "Mourinho must fear us because after each game his head must really hurt.

"The semi-final is coming at the best time of the season for us.

"I don't think there is a big difference between the two teams," he said.

Chelsea won in the last league game between the sides in February. Goals from William Gallas and Hernan Crespo secured the 2-0 victory at Stamford Bridge for the Londoners.

Are we building ourselves up for a big fall? ??? should the players just keep quiet and get on with preparations, cos these quotes are more motivation for chelsea, and Mourinho has not said a word about us yet! He probably learned his lesson when he and his players were mouthing off before the champs league semi final last year! I think our players are being a bit stupid cos whatever is said in the paper will only motivate the opposition more, and I wud prefer chelsea to be mouthing off and thinking this will be a walk over!!!

thoughts?
(or maybe im just nervous about the game already, and this is irritating  me more  :lookaround  )
ICE-MAN

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:21 am

I doubt it very much that nando has spoken to that sh!te rag, so it's probably just them stirring the sh!te. I'd put it down to paper talk and rumour mongering as per usual. Although there's nothing wrong in us being confident  imho.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:34 am

Nando said all that in an interview with liverpoolfc.tv and skysports took up on it!

As much as we all hate it, I would prefer mourinho to be mouthing off about now!
ICE-MAN

Postby anti-hero » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:52 am

I hate these mind games..

But I would have preferred it if the players the just ignored the media and stayed focused on preparing for the game.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:59 am

ICE-MAN its a good idea not to quote the S*N in this forum, especially at this time of the year.

To the point of this thread, I don't expect them to talk down our chances.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:03 pm

I actually copied and pasted that from the sky sports website, and the same morientes interview was exclusive to liverpoolfc.tv/ so i dont know where skys sports got 'told the sun' from? ???? check it out for yourself on sky sports!
ICE-MAN

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:35 pm

Last time we started talking up our chances before we played Chelsea was in the league game at Anfield and we all know what happened there.
I think it would be wise to leave the mind games to them and get on with the football.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:55 pm

I couldnt give a shitttttttt about mind games, at the end off the day the real talking get's done on the pitch.

Alls Nando as stated is the odvious, Chelsea off late have dropped points where as when we wplayed them earlier in the season they werent.  Simple as, read into it what you want.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:06 pm

I don't see the problem with what Moro or Garcia have said, all they have stated is fact, Chelsea have dropped in standards were as we've gone up in standards. Maybe they both should of left it but even Benitez has commented on how Chelsea performance level has dropped. All Garcia and Moro are doing is showing Chelsea that they are fired up & that the team isn't afraid of their billions, thier prawn sandwhich eating supporters or their performances of late.

Of course I would of perferred it if they hadn't said anything at all but they have and I don't think it's a big deal, it's not like they are spouting nonsense is it? They are stating fact!
48-1119859832

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:54 pm

how dare the liverpool players say they are not afraid of chelsea.
how dare they say they have a chance of winning :angry:

since when was being confident a bad thing?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:how dare the liverpool players say they are not afraid of chelsea.
how dare they say they have a chance of winning :angry:

since when was being confident a bad thing?

:D

Yes and how dare Rafa for saying he was going to visit Robben in hospital.... :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:06 pm

If garcia and morientes are that confident then theres no problem with that if anything going out with winning in your mind is a great way to go out to play a ard game off football

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby ToTinho » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:20 pm

i think the players must have confidence before such big games , wish the players good luck .( i would be very eager to see mourinho's face if LFC win )
ToTinho

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:33 pm

Well, in the same interview Nando also said he's very happy at Liverpool and expects to see out his contract so don't believe everything that comes out of players' mouths!  :D

In all seriousness, I don't see too much wrong with this.  I expect Chelski players are saying similar things to their club website that the wider media aren't picking up (not really news to print that Chelsea players expect to win, is it?).  Nothing wrong with feeling confident to get psyched up for a big game.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:04 pm

I'd be nice if Garcia & Moro back up their claims by scoring, altho they have stated fact they will be expected to score now. :laugh:
48-1119859832

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion