PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:23 pm wrote:Barca seem to be backtracking a little now, saying it's difficult because he doesn't have a release clause

The scale of the Barca bullsh"te machine knows no bounds...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 pm

kartiek » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am wrote:Phil is already training again. I'm not going to believe any leaks whatsoever. He was a bit petulant handing in a transfer request but I get that---it's hard to turn down Barcelona.

We should make it 100% clear to him in person that we will not sell. He will have a great year because of the World Cup. We will replace him by then and he can leave at 90 mil at that point

Spurs just declared that 150 million pounds is not enough to get Dele Alli, so why should Coutinho be let go at 90 million?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:34 am

Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:23 pm wrote:Barca seem to be backtracking a little now, saying it's difficult because he doesn't have a release clause

They are well and truly f**ked now that Suarez is out for 4-6 weeks.

The ball is definitely in our court now. If we sell Coutinho, we should hold out for over $130m, otherwise no sale.

Use the money to bring in Draxler, VVD and a world class CM like Vidal and we actually have a very decent transfer window.

I'm sure the stalemate at the moment is with PSG and Southampton. I have a feeling we aren't selling unless we can get our players first.

At least it looks like we learnt something from the whole Suarez / Alexis Sanchez debacle a few years back.  :glare:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Im sure i read somewherw 80 mill upfront and sone ridiculous add ons :D.

I think Fsg are holding out until they get a top fee. They will want £120m upfront no installments and with Barca getting desperate day by day they will eventually cough it out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:52 pm

eds » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:34 am wrote:

They are well and truly f**ked now that Suarez is out for 4-6 weeks.

The ball is definitely in our court now. If we sell Coutinho, we should hold out for over $130m, otherwise no sale.

Use the money to bring in Draxler, VVD and a world class CM like Vidal and we actually have a very decent transfer window.

I'm sure the stalemate at the moment is with PSG and Southampton. I have a feeling we aren't selling unless we can get our players first.

At least it looks like we learnt something from the whole Suarez / Alexis Sanchez debacle a few years back.  :glare:

We should keep Coutinho and go for Draxler instead of Keita. Because of Neymar's arrival at PSG Draxler is now apparently surplus to requirements and Arsenal are said to be sniffing around. I'd buy him and convert him into a CM like what we were thinking of doing with Oxlade-Chamberlain.
If the Keita deal was going to happen it would have happened by now and I think we need to change targets, the same with Van Dijk as well. Get Draxler and that CB from Roma Manolas.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:35 am

Barca's £119 million offer is actually a ***** take.

From todays Mirror
Angry Liverpool have flatly rejected a third bid for Philippe Coutinho and told Barcelona not to come back.

MirrorSport can reveal the details of the latest offer, made today with a headline figure of £119 million.

The true fee is a guaranteed £80m, with a string of improbable targets triggering further payments.

These ‘never-never payments’ would include Coutinho...

Winning multiple trophies in the same season
    Winning multiple Champions League titles
    Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player
    Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D’Or in the same season
    Payment of the basic £80m fee staggered over five years

Even the guaranteed £80 million payment is in instalments  spread over 5 years !, and this from a club that's just received a £192 million cash payment for Neymar  :veryangry

I'm glad we're angry and have told Barcelona to F*uck Off !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 am

I always hated Real and leaned towards Barcelona especially since Madrid stole Macmanaman and Owen with basically the same unsettling tactics that Barcelona are using now. Losing Mascherano, Suarez and now this pursuit of Coutinho all with the same tactics is really p1ssing me off. I hope they have a sh1t season and implode, hopefully Real too but as of now Barcelona are who I will save my venom for, bunch of w@nkers and that includes Suarez!

When they bought Suarez they could not wait to tell the world the lower price they paid contradicting our higher valuation just to appear clever when the reason he went so cheap is because of their unethical behind the scenes behavior, and we get in trouble for tapping up? As I said, I hope they implode and win nothing. That latest offer proves they are taking the p1ss.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:44 am

I'm glad that FSG is showing some spine here...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 am

The Barca deal is a proper pi$$ take alright. Apparently the club stance is now "stop contacting us"  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:56 am

If the boy Phil doesn't get his dream move - It will be very interesting too see how Klopp treats him after all this.
Could be a defining moment in Klopp's managerial era here at LFC.
---
MS was outcasted for a WHOLE LOT LESS...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:58 am

Coutinho will miss today's game vs Crystal Palace. Barca's medical team have confirmed his back is still injured...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 am

johnbarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:56 am wrote:If the boy Phil doesn't get his dream move - It will be very interesting too see how Klopp treats him after all this.
---

Sakho isn't half as good as Coutinho. Hence the likes of West Brom and Crystal Palace want him and not Real, PSG or Barca...
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:49 am

7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 am wrote:
johnbarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:56 am wrote:If the boy Phil doesn't get his dream move - It will be very interesting too see how Klopp treats him after all this.
---

Sakho isn't half as good as Coutinho. Hence the likes of West Brom and Crystal Palace want him and not Real, PSG or Barca...

Don't understand your point?
Ability has no baring on how one should manage  / disciplining his or her team members.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:53 am

johnbarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 am wrote:
---

Don't understand your point?
Ability has no baring on how one should manage  / disciplining his or her team members.

Two completely different situations TBH.

Sakho is a moron who has taken the pi$$ one  too many times.  Coutinho has simply asked to leave and done little else wrong. He hasn't turned up late for team meetings or taken stuff he shouldn't have. It could be argued that he isn't injured, but Klopp hasn't said anything to the contrary so we have to take that at face value.

On another note, I wonder how Phil is feeling after he saw Barca's offer?  £16m a year for 5 years? That's the sort of thing I'd expect from the likes of Huddlesfield or Brighton....perhaps Barca arn't that serious about him after all? Or maybe they're not as rich as powerful as they led everyone to believe?  ???
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Two completely different situations TBH.

Sakho is a moron who has taken the pi$$ one  too many times.  Coutinho has simply asked to leave and done little else wrong. He hasn't turned up late for team meetings or taken stuff he shouldn't have. It could be argued that he isn't injured, but Klopp hasn't said anything to the contrary so we have to take that at face value.

On another note, I wonder how Phil is feeling after he saw Barca's offer?  £16m a year for 5 years? That's the sort of thing I'd expect from the likes of Huddlesfield or Brighton....perhaps Barca arn't that serious about him after all? Or maybe they're not as rich as powerful as they led everyone to believe?  ???[/quote]

Yes two completely different scenarios but both have showed contempt for the club.
As for Phil's feelings at the latest Barca offer - I'd question his ability to even understand it.
In his head, may well be the thought of "Well you're gonna get paid so what's the problem?"
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion