Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:27 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 am

Southampton fans must be having a little chuckle at us right about now.

We will find out if we do as good a job as RB Leipzig at being stubborn in the transfer market.
killerp

Postby devaney » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Best season resulted in 13 goals for Couts which with the greatest will in the world isn't overly impressive. £130m selling price equates to £10m a goal and that has got to be worth considering. Simple maths and I know there is a lot more to his game. He does however go missing which is a concern. Personally I want him to stay because there already seems to be an understanding with Salah. At the end of the day if he pushes for a transfer to Barca then we need to screw them for every last possible cent. The market is crazy. If Mbappe at 18 and unproven is worth £180m then Coutinho is worth £130m and more !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:45 pm

I'd snap their hand off for £130m.

He's not world class. Far too inconsistent for that and needs to up his game. In fact, at a team like Barca, he'd have to fight to get a regular place.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:57 pm

I disagree mate Coutinho is a game changer and if we are to move forward we need to keep players like him.
We said the same thing when Alonso, Macha, Suarez left that we can replace them with the nice sums we received but sadly we didn't.
To a certain extent we even missed Sterlings pace but thankfully Mane filled that void.
Yes 130m is a lot of money but who would we replace for Couts. The way the market is these days its difficult getting the right player.
Couts is established here and our best player.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 pm

redshade » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 pm wrote:I disagree mate Coutinho is a game changer and if we are to move forward we need to keep players like him.
We said the same thing when Alonso, Macha, Suarez left that we can replace them with the nice sums we received but sadly we didn't.
To a certain extent we even missed Sterlings pace but thankfully Mane filled that void.
Yes 130m is a lot of money but who would we replace for Couts. The way the market is these days its difficult getting the right player.

He's a very good player. But not a world class player. Good on his day, yes, but doesn't do it week-in-, week-out.

Do I want him to leave? No, but £133m for him is daylight robbery
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Report on TeamTalk, apparently some bloke from the Echo saying he's going nowhere...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 pm wrote:I disagree mate Coutinho is a game changer and if we are to move forward we need to keep players like him.

He's a very good player. But not a world class player. Good on his day, yes, but doesn't do it week-in-, week-out.

If we sell Coutinho it won't matter how much money we have no one with any genuine ambition would want to come here. What top player is going to sign for a club who continually sells its best players? We can't keep selling our best players and somehow expect to challenge for the top prizes in the game.
Selling Coutinho would be a disaster.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:36 pm wrote:Report on TeamTalk, apparently some bloke from the Echo saying he's going nowhere...

:buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:01 am

He is one of the best in the world in his position, no doubt. I think Mane is very underrated but the pair of them are key to our attacking game and we've missed them in the games they missed last season. 133mill is a lot of money; it is probably the equivalent of an Aubameyang + Draxler/Pulisic/Perisic, etc.

It is debatable whether adding 2 players who are a step down from Coutinho would make the side better or not (see Tottenham, but also see how it turned out for us in the past) but I would say reject whatever bid if we dont need the money. If we have the 150mill to throw at VVD and Keita, keeping Coutinho would make more sense imo. Throw all your eggs into that basket and see if it gets us somewhere or not. He's young enough to somewhat maintain his value for another year given his contract.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:20 am

Going or what???
Thommo's perm

Postby laza » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:37 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:46 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 pm wrote:

If we sell Coutinho it won't matter how much money we have no one with any genuine ambition would want to come here. What top player is going to sign for a club who continually sells its best players? We can't keep selling our best players and somehow expect to challenge for the top prizes in the game.
Selling Coutinho would be a disaster.

I be gutted if he does go as it more about the message being sent then the money. Besides that amount of money will probably mean we will pay over the odds for replacements.
Whenever I hear who we can buy when we sell a star , all I see is Andy Carroll  :upside:
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:45 pm wrote:I'd snap their hand off for £130m.

He's not world class. Far too inconsistent for that and needs to up his game. In fact, at a team like Barca, he'd have to fight to get a regular place.

Absolute nonsense, theirs a reason Barca are willing to pay top dollar for him, hes one of the best players in the premiership and still has plenty of good years left, who exactly would keep him out of the Barcelona team?

Anyway i definitely think we shouldn't sell mainly because i dont trust us to sign a suitable replacement,its always one step forward two steps back with Liverpool, we will never progress if we keep selling our best players.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion