Oppo - Barcelona (a)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Poor_Sunyol™ » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:59 pm

Bolo was the worst player, with the exception of Christianval, ever to play for the Blaugrana.
Por Culo Con Madrid!
Poor_Sunyol™

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
Red Red Tom wrote:I would MUCH rather see that than a team with Zenden anywhere near it, he's a nice guy; but not good enough for Liverpool, and definitely not good enough for Liverpool on tonight of all nights. 

Que goal and Man of the match performance from Zenden  :D

In all seriousness though, these are the types of games where Zenden will shine, in Europe he will get a hell of a lot more time on the ball and that is when he really shines, like the Community Shield against Chelsea, he played Lampard, Ballack, Sissoko etc off the park that day.

Come on Bolo lad.

In fairness I hadn't considered that - the Community Shield is a good example.  I am now slightly less averse to seeing him out there tonight.  I still think he has to go in the summer.
Red Red Tom

Postby redmikey » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:03 pm

worse than mark hughes ??? or gary big ears
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Poor_Sunyol™ » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:28 pm

Unfortunately yes.  Mark Hughes was on a par perhaps, but El Gary was great until he was forceed to play down the right by Cruyff.
Por Culo Con Madrid!
Poor_Sunyol™

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:14 pm

Gary Lineker is still remembered as a top player here. Mark Hughes is not, he failed to impress despite he came as a big signing.

Bolo was the worst player, with the exception of Christianval, ever to play for the Blaugrana.

Busquets was a joke. and Bogarde himself did a worse job, according to many Barcelona fans -it's not just me-.

If you go to the times in which Xabi Alonso's father played for Barça you could find lots of players who weren't good enough for that team. Zenden is not a player for Barcelona or Liverpool, but I don't think he's the worse thing that played for Barcelona. Many men like Dugarry gave more than a poor performance for that team.

Hey poor sunyol, I didn't mean to be too offensive or presumptious before, it's just the way we have to banter around here (in the north of Spain I mean), saying all the time you know fúck all about footie, or go to watch some matches. But I never tried to be too offensive, ok? Sorry if I went too far.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poor_Sunyol™ » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:27 pm

No problems my friend.  I think I was being over-sensitive, I guess it must be the nerves setting in.  Funny that you mentioned Bogarde, I actually wrote his name down too and then thought it was a little unfair compared to Christianval.

Bolo used to do my head in though.  We would keep possession for ages and then he would get the ball and just shoot from wherever he was.  We have had our fair share of idiots though.
Por Culo Con Madrid!
Poor_Sunyol™

Postby KRobbo10 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Rafa seems to have a soft spot for bolo I think it is something to do with last season when he was injured, and he used to come into the dressing room and wish all the lads good luck etc, Even though I like the way bolo works hard when he puts the shirt on and is great to have behind the scene, he shouldn't be in the squad today because he simply isn't good enough.
If that's what you have to do to be in the team I would be in the squad.
KRobbo10

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:28 pm

anyone think Javier Mascherano is make an appearence?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CarlosRocks » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:50 pm

7_Kewell wrote:anyone think Javier Mascherano is make an appearence?

i think he might figure in rafa's plans tonight. barca will certainly have studied us, our players, our style and other vital parts but mascherano will be quite an unknown entity for liverpool. with not playing for several months there wont be much to look at but he's been training hard, he's match fit and i think rafa will include him at some point during the game.

kinda like the element of suprise sort of thing...
CarlosRocks

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion