Opening home game of the season - Memorable matches?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:43 am

As its the first home game of the season and i cant wait for tomorrow to come i was wonderin if anyone had any favorite opening games they had been to over the years. My self i have 2 favourites, the 1st has to be the "GOD" hat trick against Arsenal and the 2nd was when Collymore scored on his debut against Sheff wed it was a curlin 30 yarder which bent right into the bottom corner, this was one of me favs cos Collymore was me favorite player in the prem at the time outside LFC and i was prayin that we signed him.....we did and he payed us back with that beauty on his debut!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gunnar Vals » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:11 pm

I belive we will score many goals tomorrow. City are BAD defensive. And I'm sure Riise can take Shaun Wright-Philips on the left side!
Gunnar Vals

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:14 pm

I am very excited about the game tomorrow, hopefully Alonso and Garcia will play however because I live in the U.S. I won't be able to watch the game on tv, unless I pay for it on Pay Per View.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:04 am

A.B. wrote:I am very excited about the game tomorrow, hopefully Alonso and Garcia will play

not a fear of it horse. rafa said they wont play tomorrow or against raz
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:07 am

they can't play beacuse they weren't signed within the 12 hr deadline to play the next day, and they aren't registered for the CL gualifying satge, however they will be able to play next weekend and in the Cl group stage..
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:07 am

Didn't sign in time .......???

Back to opening day fixtures...I remember the Collymore goal on his debut against Sheff Wed..... The next home game we played Blackburn who had Shearer and we were in the Albert singing "Who needs Alan Shearer when we've got Stan the man " :laugh: We went 3-0 up against the Defending Champions after 25 mins .......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:11 am

heskey scored against bradford on first day a few seasons ago to win one nil. nothing like wining on the first day- optimism goes thru the roof
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:21 am

Didn't we once win our opening game 6-1 against palace or something ....? That's my pick.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:11 pm

Yeah i remember that game the rock. We ran them ragged that day with McManaman running the show. A game that always stands out in my mind was the opening home game against Oxford in the 87-88 season. Waiting to see Barnes and Beardsley for the first time in anticipation after they had to do repair work on a damaged sewer underneath the kop. It was worth the wait though as Barnes & Aldridge scored the goals in a 2-0 win. You could see it was the start of something magical that season. :)
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion