Omens

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:47 am

akumaface wrote:I think regardless if we win the league this year, I believe Rafa finally understand what he needs to do. I'm sure tomorrow will be a brigther day. It is out of our hand now this year and I would be satisfied if we maintain second.

Biggest lesson he's learnt in the last 6 months is that rotation doesnt work.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:55 am

Igor Zidane wrote:I had a big poo on the 26 april 1990 and guess what ?

I've just had another big poo ?

WADDAYATHINK.

That for me is the clincher  :buttrock
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jonas Blane » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 am

I agree akumaface, Rafa seems to have a better understanding of the league and of his own team this year, our second place is no surprise to me - we are getting closer each year and next year we will make it! I just hope he makes solid transfers this summer - I want Villa, and possibly a new goalkeeper.
Jonas Blane

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:44 am

Jonas Blane wrote:I agree akumaface, Rafa seems to have a better understanding of the league and of his own team this year, our second place is no surprise to me - we are getting closer each year and next year we will make it! I just hope he makes solid transfers this summer - I want Villa, and possibly a new goalkeeper.

A new back-up goalkeeper?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jonas Blane » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:44 am

Additionally, the "main" team have played more often together than last year, this is certainly an explanation of our success.
Jonas Blane

Postby Jonas Blane » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:49 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Jonas Blane wrote:I agree akumaface, Rafa seems to have a better understanding of the league and of his own team this year, our second place is no surprise to me - we are getting closer each year and next year we will make it! I just hope he makes solid transfers this summer - I want Villa, and possibly a new goalkeeper.

A new back-up goalkeeper?

Hi mate, I know I probably won't be making a lot of friends with this but for the last couple of months (when the pressure in the League was very high) I've found Pepe to be very shaky, letting in goals that he usually doesn't let in.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe other circumstances (private life issues, etc) explain his dip in form, but one things is for sure: if we want to win the league, we need a keeper that's on top of his game for the whole 38 matches. Rafa will be the judge in deciding to keep trusting Pepe or bring in someone new with also a proven success track record.

But then again, maybe I'm overreacting a bit - Pepe has been great so far and maybe I see his dip in form worse than it really is.

p.s. sorry for my english, I'm french  :kungfu:
Jonas Blane

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:57 am

Dundalk wrote:

WADDAYATHINK.

I would imagine there was plenty of clinching involved.................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jonas Blane » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:01 am

Owzat wrote:
Dundalk wrote:

WADDAYATHINK.

I would imagine there was plenty of clinching involved.................

:nod
Jonas Blane

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 am

I'm not convinced Rafa has a better understanding of the league, our approach to games is much the same as last season until we got in deep doo doo and looked out of it at which point we became more attacking.

I think the key difference between this season and last is we've settled on a successful formula and got a decent resolution of the problem on the left. If Rafa can sort out the defensive problems we have every now and then, perhaps find someone to play Riera's role with more end product and find a back-up striker then next season could be our's.

But it is disappointing we've picked up 14 points out of 18 against the 'big four' and still we're second favourites for the title - too many home draws is still a big problem and effectively why we were so far behind the mancs last season, and why we're behind this.

Draws is what we need to reduce, we've become more difficult to beat, but not turned what were previously losses into draws, and then what we'd drawn previously into wins. Perhaps best way to demonstrate is by comparing our best previous season with this.

05/06 : P38 W25 D7 L6 (W 66%, D 18%, L 16%)
07/08 : P34 W21 D11 L2 (W 62%, D 32%, L 6%)

OK, you might not expect the four defeats in 05/06 to be turned into four wins, but we're not winning any more than we did in 05/06. Even if we win the last four games we're still only going to win 25, the same as in 05/06, the difference will be four extra draws/points and that isn't enough of an improvement. We need to aim at 27 wins, the draws and losses will become less important. Obviously winning 27 and losing 11 wouldn't be ideal, but it is also unlikely. Rafa has to work out a way of reducing the draws, that is his achilles heel and he hasn't fixed it even if he has worked out that is the problem.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jonas Blane » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:30 am

Let's not forget we've missed Nando for a lot of games this season!

I like your analysis, too many draws is certainly an issue!
Jonas Blane

Postby macaroon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:35 am

So what you're saying is that Liverpool haven't progressed sine 2006 you muppet?
macaroon

Postby GYBS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:36 am

macaroon wrote:So what you're saying is that Liverpool haven't progressed sine 2006 you muppet?

For a newbie you seem to onto the insults quickly and seem very familar with people on here ?? ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby macaroon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:52 am

GYBS wrote:
macaroon wrote:So what you're saying is that Liverpool haven't progressed sine 2006 you muppet?

For a newbie you seem to onto the insults quickly and seem very familar with people on here ?? ???

I was a bit of a lurker.
macaroon

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:51 am

Ciggy wrote:The last time we scored 4 goals at Stamford Bridge we won the league.

The last time a player scored 4 goals at Anfield (Arshaven) we won the league.

The team that is top of the league on New Years day wins the league.

The last time we beat Chelsea twice we won the league.

the last time we won the league number 15 won the Grand National, this year the horse number 15 won the Nash.

Hurry up Ken marry stephanie Beacham :D

Any more?

:D   :D  ken  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:09 pm

I believe- we'll win it if it's written
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe