Oh no ,houlliers staying forever

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:25 pm

I am stubborn, and I will keep going, because I believe our new style of play this season is the future for this club. There is such a fine line between success and failure, and losing 2-1 to Chelsea , Arsenal and Manchester United this season illustrates the point, he said. 

It has been so near and yet so far each time, but I know that, by sticking to our beliefs, things will start to go our way. We have to be strong mentally and keep believing in ourselves. 

There is a watershed here, and I know what is at stake. But I have always had a vision for this club, to take them back to the top in England and across Europe, and I will not rest until it is realised.

The Liverpool manager has his allies, too, but even the closest would be forced to concede that some of his transfer dealings have left him vulnerable to his growing army of detractors. While Ferguson and Arsene Wenger can get away with mistakes in the transfer market  the Champions League cash helps a great deal  there is virtually no margin for error in Houlliers case. 

Signing the likes of Bernard Diomede and Titi Camara was met with open ridicule in some quarters, and questioned in his native France, while there are even doubts over last summers acquisitions  never mind his two most expensive purchases, Heskey and Diouf.

Gerry here is a picture of a football manager
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion