Official lfc announcement - Lfc supporters committee

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Well I like it Igor, ok, dunno why women get a say about football matters, they should be at home. But nice to see the gays have a voice now...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Fri May 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Maxi,

Do you know this lad?

Representing International fans: Nasser Aboobakar
Born: 1960
Lives: Singapore

Why I wanted to represent this group: First and foremost, I've been a true RED fan through and through since I was a teenager watching the games on the tele in Hong Kong when I was a student. That was a time when Liverpool were managed by the legendary Bill Shankly and had some great players like Kevin Keegan, John Toshack, Tommy Smith, Emyln Hughes, Alan Hansen, Ray Clemence and so on. Those were the early 70s while there were no live telecasts but the delayed matches were shown on TV couple of days later and I would eagerly await those precious moments after school. I waited for the weekend football results on the morning newspaper on Sunday (games were played only on Saturdays in those days) and the following day at school would discuss the scores as well as the games with other classmates some of whom were opposition supporters. Of course just like any teenagers they would heated arguments about skills of individual player and which was the best team. During my adult days I indirectly contributed to the local supporters group in Malaysia when I donated a computer in the early 90's for publishing the (supporter's) magazine. To this day, I retain some of the issues as collection and memories. I would be happy to share with you some of copies for reference if required. In Singapore where I live for the past five odd years, I assisted with the membership section in building the local fan base for the official supporters club. I also was part of the team that assisted in the organisation of the fans during the official visit of the Liverpool Football Club team to Singapore in Jul 2009. If appointed to the role being a representative of the LFC Supporters Committee (International Fan), I believe I'll be able to galvanize fans in the respective supporter club in APAC which is the fastest growth for the fan base. There is new generation of fans (ie. my children's and their children) who have not seen or tasted success as I have seen in the 70s or 80s. They deserve someone who understands the Liverpool Football Club culture, tradition and history, and to be able to relate and promote the club in the manner it deserves. Having been in management (including sales and marketing), there is also a huge market for the clubs merchandise in APAC which at the moment is lacking in this region. I believe I can assist and offer ideas as well to promote LFC brand. Having served in committee in other organisaions, being a RED fan, who is "born a red, live a red and will die a red" will delighted to serve the committee to the best of my ability in the interest of the Liverpool Football Club and it's supporters. I will be able to provide any references if required. Best regards Nasser Aboobakar
++

We can go meet him and bend his ear that Poulsen is shíte and that Carroll runs round slower than a mule 'n cart!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
lakes10 wrote:I am sure he can but i hope Paul Rice can put some of his SOS views to oneside during the meetings.

good call on all the names picked going to make us a stronger club in my view.

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:  Knew it , was waiting for that . So because he is chair of SOS he's not aloud an opinion , or only an opinion that conforms. Guess what lakes there's quiet a few on there that are members of SOS and atleast two of the committee . Oh no it's a conspiracy ,heaven forbid.

lol i am not saying that and you know it. :D
i am saying he now has two hats to wear and he might forget to change them over from time to time lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat May 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Well I like it Igor, ok, dunno why women get a say about football matters, they should be at home. But nice to see the gays have a voice now...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion