No credit where its due

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:01 pm

All the media and rival fans e.g. BS and mancs are saying we had the easiest of ties compared to the top 3, BL done great in the qualifiying rounds so why were they the easiest ???
Celtic done very very well against Barca and chelsea seem to think they are better than everyone around.
If we spent 200million on players I would expect to see fancy good entertaining football, not boring 1-0 wins or defensive style of playing.
Imagine Rainiri today he must be laughing his head off, and if they dont go through I will be made up.

I will be over the moon if the mancs dont go through either, they where outplayed and outclassed last night totally, the only other english team I would like to see go through apart from us if WE do that is, is Arsenal.

They have achieved great things without buying it and us years ago.

I am sick to death of all this sh#te Manure and chelsea this that and the other, and they where gloating over arsenal getting beat what goes around comes around.
Suppose I am gloating a bit myself, but rightly so as WE ARE NOT A ONE MAN TEAM, and we have the best european success over all of them.
So come on media credit where its due, we where the best english side this week, get that up ya, Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh doesnt it feel great to be a Liverpool fan :D
Cmon you reds on sunday lets show everyone what we are made of.
Roofs going to be closed on sunday at our second home, atmosphere is going to be amazing :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:03 pm

all i'll say is

BAYERN 3 ARSENAL 1

MANURE 0 MILAN 1

BARCELONA 2 CHELSEA 1

LIVERPOOL 3 BAYER LEVERKUSEN 1

put that in ya pipe and smoke it press :p

:D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:

No in all fairness lynds, there has been no worthwhile media coverage of our game at all.

Even on Wed morning the main stories concerned the buildup to Chelsea/Manc games.

The match reports from Tues night mostly concentrated on Arsenal's capitulation against a generally accepted mediocre Bayern side.

And the headlines about our game were hardly giving credit to an excellent display by us for 92 minutes.  In fact the headline in the Telegraph was disgraceful I thought.  Something along the lines of 'Dudek blunder..etc' cant recall exactly.

Oh well. Stuff them all anyhow.  Thought we gave an excellent team display against a very under-rated team, with a makeshift side. Beforehand to be honest I would have been satisfied with a 0-0.  But we played with a lot of heart, and pressed up the pitch just as well as we had done in our 2 previous best performances of the season.  Fully deserved our win, although they showed good quality too.  Certainly they have a couple of goals left in them, but I feel that we can score against their defence, which certainly didnt convince.
And they miss Novotny.  And will miss Freier in the return.
So if we play with the committment we showed v Charlton away,  of course we are favourites. And I think our away support will be an inspiration too.

As for the others, Arsenal have NO CHANCE.  They are very ordinary just now. Wish our PL game at Highbury was next week!  Their defence is like a sieve, and Munich will def score at Highbury.

Man U, if they score early have a slight chance. But Milan look special.

Barca will score at Chelsea.  Out.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:10 pm

haha
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:24 pm

It all comes down to the luck of the draw, we had an easier tie but you still have to win it. Manure thought they'd walk all over Porto last year.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:44 pm

The simple fact is you can only play what is in front of you we did nt choose it get Leverkusan but we got them and beat them at home, but there defence does look leaky and i remmeber two of the players who started at anfild are banned i one of them is there playmaker i recall !
Hamza

Postby maximus » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:01 pm

Leverkusan are so rubbish that they only trounced Real madrid and Roma 4 - 1 on aggreagate over the two games en route to  topping their qualification group.

In the immortal words of Kevin Keegan "I'd Love it" IF we were the only team to progress to the Quarters, even then ITV will probably show one of the other ties on terrestial TV.

Media - Bunch of w.@.nkers   :angry:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:05 pm

maximus wrote:In the immortal words of Kevin Keegan "I'd Love it" IF we were the only team to progress to the Quarters, even then ITV will probably show one of the other ties on terrestial TV.

Media - Bunch of w.@.nkers   :angry:

we'll only be on itv1 if we get to the final. they're so up united and the @rse's backsides it's unreal. :angry:
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:59 pm

Just found this its quite funny. :D

2025 League Cup Final scouse_mouse - 171st post - 24 Feb 2005 13:32
Match Report
Liverpool 8 - Chelsea 1

LUCKY LIVERPOOL SCRAPE A WIN WITHOUT GERRARD

Liverpool somehow scraped a scrappy 8-1 win against an outstanding Chelsea side yesterday. Despite having less possession, no shots on or off target, and finishing the game with 8 men, magnificent Chelsea were by far the better team.

The flukiness of Liverpool’s win against wonderful Chelsea was summed up by their 8th goal, when Tom Arne Riise, son of John, somehow must have mis-hit a 30-yard free kick, which curled around the 10-man Chelsea wall and beat Barry Cech, the outstanding Chelsea Goalkeeper, for pace.

With a similar amount of luck, Igor Biscan Jr somehow managed to stumble past 5 Chelsea defenders before flukily flicking the ball over Cech with the outside of his boot for the first goal.

The amazing Chelsea scored a stunning goal when Jimmy ‘butterfingers’ Dudek picked up the ball and kicked it into his own net. ‘It wasn’t my fault,’ claimed Dudek, ‘as the ball bounced oddly before I picked it up’.

One-man team Liverpool somehow managed to sneak this win without their captain Gerrard, who retired from football 8 years ago, and now lives on our colony on Mars. However, speculation continues to link Gerrard with a summer move to brilliant Chelsea. Gerrard did, however, win MOTM.

José Mourinho, the aging Chelsea manager, had this to say: ‘They are cheats, do they not know that teams are meant to just accept that we are superior and let us win? We are the best, and I am the best, no matter what today’s result says’. And he’s right, he is the best, even though he still has not won a trophy for Chelsea after 20 years in charge. He has deserved them all. Abramovich’s spending has now risen to £780,000,000,000,000,000,000. This is Rafa Benitez’s 23rd trophy to take back to New Anfield with his team of under-achievers, and it was won just as luckily as the other 22.

Mourinho will be complaining to the FA.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:01 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Mourinho will be complaining to the FA.

whinging b@stard :D  :laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:02 pm

class Lyndsey!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:04 pm

stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Mourinho will be complaining to the FA.

whinging b@stard :D  :laugh:  :D

:laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:08 pm

unbelievable how we dont get no credit, all the papers were ar3ed bout next day was gerrard
109-1105722616

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:14 pm

On the back page of the London evening Standard that chelsea have won their first piece of silverware ???
See what I mean the game hasnt even been played yet and they are saying they have won the Carling Cup, f@ckin muppets :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:16 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:On the back page of the London evening Standard that chelsea have won their first piece of silverware ???

they were obviously talking about their history :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:17 pm

what do you expect from southern softies, they think there the center of the fooking universe!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion