News flash , steveie staying - Bbc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:46 pm

He's still the captain, so it seems rafa and the players trust him and think he will do well as captain.  I must say it was a great thing to do, ask the players and manager if they still want him to be the captain.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:47 pm

I am glad he is staying, but purely because we could not replace him.

There has got to be some truth to both sides of the story here, and i think they should have pressed stevie to sign the contract with a lot more urgency, and certainly before any other players were signed..
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:52 pm

For me, all I've read says to me he IS loyal to the club - he has acted like a spoiled brat prima donna, in saying publicly he thought the club didn't want him, and some of the other stuff he's said over the last year. I've no doubt he's had some bad advice from people with their own agendas. I don't believe the conspiracy theories that he was engineering a move though - he doesn't seem clever enough!
I'm sure he now realises what he looks like, and that he's given our rivals a good laugh at our expense. But you have to give him credit for standing up and saying he was wrong. He wouldn't have done that if he wasn't as much Liverpool as all of us on here.Maybe he won't ever learn, but if this doesn't sort his head out nothing will. The latest comments about offering to hand back the captaincy and talking to the players suggest he has finally realised what he is - a very important but not indispensible part of our club. Let's give the kid the benefit of the doubt and see what happens............
neilE

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:01 pm

score five times against arsenal, chelsea, mancs, and the bitters and we'll forgive you a little bit.  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:08 pm

i`m fooking made up he`s staying, just looking at him on the telly you can see he is genuinely shattered by it all. i am myself to be honest.i dont think he was trying to take the p1ss out of the fans, its just that if you are a goose that lays a golden egg your going to have some pretty shrewd financial and journalistic operators with their own agenda`s trying to manipulate situations. once he`d declared he was going to leave it was easier for him to go, lets face it he would have been lauded like a king where ever he went but at the end of the day he couldnt care less about saving face or whatever he just wanted to be what he has dreamed about all his life.....a liverpool player.
thank christ he`s staying and ste mate, where did you think you where going when your already home.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:11 pm

He says in his interview that a lot of people have told him what they think but he never really thought about it on his own and last night after making the biggest decision of his life, he knew hed fuc*ed up, he sat on his own and had a choice to leave or phone rick parry, he phoned rick parry and i swear in years to come we will all be fu*kin delighted he made that decision. He has owned upto his mistakes and has said its not trophies he wants, its liverpool, and if he gets trophys its a bonus (and i have no doubt he will add many a trophy here) He didnt have to do this, it was easier for him to go last night than stay he'd told everyone he was going and to go back on a decision like that takes bottle and guts and it shows in reality and in his heart he couldnt bear seeing us succeed without him.....Either that or he got home put on his champions league DVD and thought...FU*K THAT HOW CAN I LEAVE THE BEST SUPPORTERS IN THE WORLD!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:22 pm

Now that I've kooled down I'm very glad Stevie has stayed, also watching the interview with him on Sky Sports News I think he was very honest and if he is genuine and honestly thought that he wasn't wanted then I'll still be cheering him on next season and for all the time he wears an LFC shirt :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:44 pm

Garymac wrote:He says in his interview that a lot of people have told him what they think but he never really thought about it on his own and last night after making the biggest decision of his life, he knew hed fuc*ed up, he sat on his own and had a choice to leave or phone rick parry, he phoned rick parry and i swear in years to come we will all be fu*kin delighted he made that decision. He has owned upto his mistakes and has said its not trophies he wants, its liverpool, and if he gets trophys its a bonus (and i have no doubt he will add many a trophy here) He didnt have to do this, it was easier for him to go last night than stay he'd told everyone he was going and to go back on a decision like that takes bottle and guts and it shows in reality and in his heart he couldnt bear seeing us succeed without him.....Either that or he got home put on his champions league DVD and thought...FU*K THAT HOW CAN I LEAVE THE BEST SUPPORTERS IN THE WORLD!!!

:buttrock Well said our gary  :bowdown
I think Rick said Steven go home watch the CL DVD and fone me back  :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:13 pm

this is an amazing u-turn and i have to admit i had doubts when i heard about it that he was still confused and isnt commited but then hearing he wants to stay for all his career has shown me he has 100% commitment and offering to even give up the captaincy shows how much he is commited and respects the club and wants to play for us for life and doesnt see himself as the most important thing to the club and shows his head might not be as large as we think

Its true that it was a hurtful thing to see him handing in a transfer request and not wanting to play for us anymore but its also true that no one was in stevies shoes these past few weeks but himself and no one else can understand the stuff hes been through but him, he believed the club didnt want him anymore and wanted to sell him to get money, his agents been putting ideas in his head to make him feel not wanted and to leave.

I believe that his is definately commited 100% to the club now, he wont leave, him signing a new deal and giving the club the rest of his career, offering to give up the captaincy shows that.
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:27 pm

When I saw the sports headlines this morning I was absolutely gobsmacked and obviously relieved,I know I slagged SG off big time in another thread,whether it was deserved I don't know,but hopefully,hopefully this whole saga's coming to a happy ending.
IMHO he now needs to shut up,get shot of his agent(or SFX)  and let his football do the talking.

Maybe Carra had a word or two in his ear! :)
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Feeney » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:42 pm

Fu*k me lar.......what an unbelieveable 3 days this has been!! I think we've all been thru the mill and back on this one!!!

I'm glad he's stayin - I had said if he went, he would be replaceable, which I do still stand by, but I am glad I won't be spending the next month worrying if we are gonna get such n such, n so n so......

Can't wait to see him sign the contract and this will all be a distant memory...... :)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:48 pm

Feeney wrote:Fu*k me lar.......what an unbelieveable 3 days this has been!! I think we've all been thru the mill and back on this one!!!

I'm glad he's stayin - I had said if he went, he would be replaceable, which I do still stand by, but I am glad I won't be spending the next month worrying if we are gonna get such n such, n so n so......

Can't wait to see him sign the contract and this will all be a distant memory...... :)

Totally agree.  I havent been this shocked or confused about sports in a long long time.  when he signs that contract, we can all let out a sigh.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:55 pm

i believe this is all down to SFX in the end they have been putting ideas into his head hes not wanted and trying to get him to leave over the past 6 weeks which made him hand in a transfer request as the agents had got him believing he was not wanted and had brainwashed him somehow then he had a bit of time on his own and with the club to thin about his decision alone without sfx near him and he changed his mind.

He should sack his agent right now for the mess they got him into
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:41 pm

ALONSO_14 wrote:i believe this is all down to SFX in the end they have been putting ideas into his head hes not wanted and trying to get him to leave over the past 6 weeks which made him hand in a transfer request as the agents had got him believing he was not wanted and had brainwashed him somehow then he had a bit of time on his own and with the club to thin about his decision alone without sfx near him and he changed his mind.

He should sack his agent right now for the mess they got him into

Gerrard actually defended Straun Marshall today and said that he didn't do anything that Gerrard didn't ask him to  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paddy M » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:40 pm

Glad to see he is staying - great news
Paddy M

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion