Newcastle - Good luck boys

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:53 pm

Just wanted to say good luck to the boys before the game agaist Newcastle.

Lets all raly behind them.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimbolfc04 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:16 pm

here, here. for some reason, even though, we've lost another first team player in kewell, i have a funny feeling that a very positive result will be coming our way tomorrow :)
jimbolfc04

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:32 pm

I have a terrible feeling about this game......

I don't want to sound pessimistic for the sake of it, in fact, in an ideal world I'd love to see Gerard Houllier win the league for us, but Newcastle could give us a hammering.

We are missing Owen and Kewell...Newcastle are flying once again......our defence is very shaky.....

I predict the Toon to beat us 4-1 or 3-0!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:10 pm

We will win! Why? Because we bloody have to.
No more false dawns - please - just wins from now on!
These loyal supporters deserve better than what we have been given! I don't care if we are under strength - let's see some guts and determination for a change.
Anyone not up for the fight should be sent packing.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:38 pm

Tomorrow's game could be a defining point in our season. Yes we are up against it with Owen , Kewell and several other names unavailable. This is a time for some of our players to stand up and be counted. Heskey has plenty of critics , this is the chance for him to show some bottle. Cheyrou may get a chance , will he show he is worthy of the hype when we bought him or will he play like an expensive misfit ? Even with our notable absentees Houllier can still field what will look a strong side on paper ( with the possible exception of defence ).
We will either go out in a negative frame of mind ( with excuses ready for defeat ) and possibly get tanked or we will go out there with a positive attitude dermined to show that we deserve to wear that famous red shirt.
Tomorrow's performance as much as the result will speak volumes about the mindset of the manager and players
THEBARON

Postby supersub » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:54 pm

Diouf has been playing well this season.He has the ability to beat a man but sadly the end product,cross into the box,hasn't always been from the top drawer.In the absence of Owen,Baros and now HK,I think GH should give the lad the centre-forward role with Pongolle.Heskey has proved for long enough he can't lead the line,so it's about time we gave the job back to El Hadji for a spell.Newcastle's defence is as rocky as ours so lets put the frighteners on.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:37 am

I THINK A 2-2 DRAW IS ON THE CARDS FOR THIS ONE , DONT ASK ME WHY THOUGH :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:04 am

Hve  faith!!we will get a result " come on you mighty reds" :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:24 am

Newcastle are pretty shakey at the back so a fine 2-1 victory for us is on the cards.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:40 am

Where will the goals come from - Heskey? Our defence has been less than solid this season and Newcastle are a decent attacking team so it all points to goals for them and not as many for us :( I predict a 2-2 draw in spite of the likelihood of defeat, a goal from midfield and a goal from Pongolle or Heskey
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:11 pm

put a tenner on it now that we get beat!
116-1065305004

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:55 pm

Good record at St.James park but the new style of play, defending 20 yards further up the pitch is leaving big holes.Traore is Babb mark 2. Sami is taking time to adapt.A mobile defender is big priority.Boumsong is only a name to most of us.Talk about a let down this season bu tid ever Liverpool fans need to back the tem/board it is now.Recriminations mid season are pointless. Get 4th and then we'll see.
Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion