New stadium sponsorship

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 84-1106852058 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:42 pm

Liverpool say they havent ruled out sponsorship of the new stadium.This obviously means we are open to offers.
  I realise this brings in much needed investment but Iam still not happy with the thought of Liverpool, playing at somewhere like,
    The Finger Lickin Kentucky Chicken Stadium.Got a nice ring to it tho ,more please.

84-1106852058

Postby Rafa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:54 pm

Stop being stupid, money is worth more than History.

We need to stop depending on our history and move forward, I would not be arsed if the stadium was called the Sugar Puff stadium if we got the money Arsenal got for theirs. Anfield will always be part of our History and we will never forget it but we do need the cash and it would help build a squad
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:56 pm

i hope we keep the name anfield but if a company comes in then it may end up having a name like boltons place!
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:17 pm

I always want LFC to play at Anfield but the money would be nice, personally I'd prefer to get someone to invest in the club so we have the money required for Rafa rather than selling our souls and having to name the after a company. :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:18 pm

dont like the idea of our stadium being named by a sponser but if it gives us the money to progress than im happy
109-1105722616

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:22 pm

not in the least bit arsened about the name of our new stadium ,we all know what our history is and are very proud of it ,but we need to have  a future which unfortunatley means investment in the squad, getting a sponser for the stadium is an ideal way of bringing money in without having to sell our best player i.e mr gerrard
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:not in the least bit arsened about the name of our new stadium ,we all know what our history is and are very proud of it ,but we need to have  a future which unfortunatley means investment in the squad, getting a sponser for the stadium is an ideal way of bringing money in without having to sell our best player i.e mr gerrard

well said
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:35 pm

I could go for something like; Anfield II: Home of Liverpool FC in Association with Carlsberg, Microsoft and Burger King (Have it your way).
As long as the money is there, and they bring all of the gates and statues, I'm fine with it. I'll miss Anfield and it will go down in history as one of the greatest fortresses in football history. But needs must as the devil drives, and he's driving us to a new home.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:44 pm

Anfield II: Home of Liverpool FC in Association with Carlsberg, Microsoft and Burger King (Have it your way). :D

Thats ******! Hahahaha wtf is that?
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:44 pm

Is a football stadium that sounds more like a computer game to me lol
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:50 pm

Rafa wrote:Stop being stupid, money is worth more than History.

We need to stop depending on our history and move forward, I would not be arsed if the stadium was called the Sugar Puff stadium if we got the money Arsenal got for theirs. Anfield will always be part of our History and we will never forget it but we do need the cash and it would help build a squad

I realise that sponsorship is inevitable and the money is to good to refuse,but it doesnt mean we have to like it.
84-1106852058

Postby Rafa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:58 pm

I don't like it myself fella, but if it means my annual £530 that I fork out each and every year for my season ticket and on that last game seeing the team I have always supported lifting the league trophy all because Sugar Puffs invested £300m in us to have their name at our stadium then i wouldnt be bothered in the slightest! :D
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:01 pm

Touchee. Ithink thats the way you spell it.
84-1106852058

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:03 pm

Rafa wrote:Anfield II: Home of Liverpool FC in Association with Carlsberg, Microsoft and Burger King (Have it your way). :D

Thats ******! Hahahaha wtf is that?

Hey man, it's the way things are going. I'm in America at the moment and I've been to a few basketball games and I've been given free umbrellas, t-shirts, beanies, food, drink and loads of other stuff. Major sponsorship would have a lot of other advantages. If you took my idea of Anfield II... the likely hood would be that we'd have the cheapest beer (Carlsberg) at any ground in the country, a burger king withen stumbling distance of your seat and everybody with a season ticket would get a free computer. Give aways every game, half time shows and major compotitions. I wouldn't say no...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:15 pm

1) Anfield Bar Dome : Home of Liverpool FC in Association with Carlsberg

2) Micro Stadium : Microsoft

3) One Set of Anfield :Burger King
LiverpoolMadman

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion