Carlsberg confirms liverpool sponsorship stretch - *** breaking news ***

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby scouser 'til I die » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Sabre wrote:If I was ridiculously rich and I owned Liverpool Football Club, the first thing I'd do is to remove the advert from the shirt,as a few european clubs, or most of the nationals teams do.

But if we have to wear one brand, then Carlsberg is nice. Business is business.

Well it gets the money in doesn't it Sabre, and with the new owners we know they will like to get as much money in as possible due to the amount of funds we are apparently wanting to spend.

Another point is that the beauty of Carlsberg is it is a company who sells alcohol, and in some countries they have banned all alcoholic advertisement on television. This means sometimes during our European trecks we do not wear a kit with Carlsberg writen on it, which, like Sabre said, looks much better. So in a way I would rather have Carlsberg than any other sponser.

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:16 pm

Yes, the money is the money.

another point is that the beauty of Carlsberg is it is a company who sells alcohol,

This is the kind of thing that makes political correctness annoying.

Meaning, what's the point? that the kids do not link their fav club with alcohol, so that they don't become alcoholics, or something?

I wonder if that measure works at all. I doubt it. I didn't start smoking because I saw Marlboro in F1 cars, I did because I was dumb enough to try to seem older on front of a girl. I wouldn't start drinking more just because my fav team wears an advert of Carlsberg neither.

If there's other reasons for the ban, I'd love to know.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:18 am

Reg wrote:Ok you´re right. Liverpool are stupid and we said to Carlsberg, here you are mate, he´s a cheap deal now lets go get :censored:.

They probably send Parry one of these every time contract negotiations come round. Image
:D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:09 am

scouser 'til I die wrote:
Sabre wrote:If I was ridiculously rich and I owned Liverpool Football Club, the first thing I'd do is to remove the advert from the shirt,as a few european clubs, or most of the nationals teams do.

But if we have to wear one brand, then Carlsberg is nice. Business is business.

Well it gets the money in doesn't it Sabre, and with the new owners we know they will like to get as much money in as possible due to the amount of funds we are apparently wanting to spend.

Another point is that the beauty of Carlsberg is it is a company who sells alcohol, and in some countries they have banned all alcoholic advertisement on television. This means sometimes during our European trecks we do not wear a kit with Carlsberg writen on it, which, like Sabre said, looks much better. So in a way I would rather have Carlsberg than any other sponser.

Does this mean countries like France never show Liverpool on tele?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:09 am

To quote my mate Gaillard the :censored::

'English fans have been unfairly targeted'

The Uefa spokesman has stressed that the drinking culture among many English supporters had also contributed to recent crowd trouble in European games.

"Drinking, for example, is often absent in southern Europe."
"But some southern European police forces are just not used to fans that have been drinking a bit too much. It's a different way to celebrate, if you like."
++

So plastering Carlsberg all over your chest is like kinda like rubbing salt into the wound isnt it??  :eyebrow  Look at us we enjoy getting :censored: and Carlsberg actually want to be associated with this behaviour, which according to UEFA is the source of all evil...

Thoughts lads....  :rasp
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:23 am

Thats if you can classify Carlsberg as actually being alcoholic in nature...the stuff's rank and nothing more than Danish pi55 (Export gets a slightly more agreeable review after about 7 pints). But this fella Guillard, Gaillord or whoever the c**t is, does make an interesting comparison....namely that nigh on the entire southern portion of Europe, has never infact actually heard of Alcohol! nevermind produce any of the stuff - with which to celebrate, or anything....or drink like fishes at teatime...or chuck over each other at weddings and funerals....whiter than white i tells yer!

This ere hole that he's dug himself into, isn't getting any easier to climb out of now is it. The arrogant dunderheaded blurt.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:37 am

Timesonline.

Liverpool have extended their sponsorship deal with Carlsberg, the longest such partnership in the Premier League, but with their new agreement lasting three years, the club have left the way clear to find a new commercial partner to sponsor their new stadium when they relocate in 2010.
–– The new contract with the brewer, Liverpool’s sponsor since 1992, is believed to be worth a basic £7 million a year, with bonuses based on the club’s success during that period. However, the deal is dwarfed by the one that Manchester United established last summer with AIG, the insurance company, which is worth a guaranteed £14.1 million a

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion