NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Dont think FSG have the stomach to be bunging £200m on 3 players every summer and the market has possibly got them looking for a massively profitable exit.

They certainly dont invest in the team using that good fortune, like buying a house for £50k and today its worth £300k, you can use the extra capital to improve the environment, FSG are doing a bit of housekeeping but its frustratingly frugal to me.

End of the day they are people who buy up dying business with debt cheap and sell for profit and that's exactly what they will do. All our value and cash going to Boston to the robber barons.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:24 pm

parchpea » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:36 pm wrote:Dont think FSG have the stomach to be bunging £200m on 3 players every summer and the market has possibly got them looking for a massively profitable exit.

They certainly dont invest in the team using that good fortune, like buying a house for £50k and today its worth £300k, you can use the extra capital to improve the environment, FSG are doing a bit of housekeeping but its frustratingly frugal to me.

End of the day they are people who buy up dying business with debt cheap and sell for profit and that's exactly what they will do. All our value and cash going to Boston to the robber barons.

I think FSG have considerably upped their game the last couple of years, they recruited Jurgen (which was a huge coup), built a magnificent new main stand and only yesterday turned down €100m for a player they originally bought for £8.5m.
Okay we haven't done an awful lot of business over the last few windows but that could easily be down to Jurgen, he doesn't come across as a manager who goes running for the chequebook at the first sign of trouble, what we do know though is that FSG were prepared to spend £140m on Keita and Van Dijk in this window and that's after already breaking the club record on Salah.
If Coutinho is still a Liverpool player come September the first I think FSG deserve a hell of a lot of credit.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:20 pm

We didn't put in huge bids for VVD and Keita for the hell of it. FSG have made plenty of money available this window. It's up to Klopp and Edwards to actually spend it. Klopp identified 3 key targets (Salah, VVD and Keita) and convinced all 3 to come here. It's up to Edwards to work the transfer game now with the agents, media and the selling club. Tell you something though, Klopp is putting a lot of pressure on Edwards by not moving onto other targets. The last 2 weeks of the window are always the most crazy and active. I think there is still plenty of ups and down to come for us. Strap yourselves in!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:18 pm

History is knocking but we aren't opening the door...It's pretty much agreed we are 1-2 quality players from launching a real challange at least in the league...Yes Keita and VVD are the right names but where is our plan b?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 pm

only me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 pm wrote:History is knocking but we aren't opening the door...It's pretty much agreed we are 1-2 quality players from launching a real challange at least in the league...Yes Keita and VVD are the right names but where is our plan b?

Ask that in the Klopp thread not the FSG thread.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:58 pm

only me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 pm wrote:History is knocking but we aren't opening the door...It's pretty much agreed we are 1-2 quality players from launching a real challange at least in the league...Yes Keita and VVD are the right names but where is our plan b?

I think I read somewhere that Kovacic has a buy out clause of €48m, he'd be a great signing, imagine a line up like this -

Mingolet

Clyne.                       Matip.                VAN DIJK.               Moreno

Hendo.                  KOVACIC

Coutinho

SALAH.                                                                 Mane

Firmino
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Eagle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:45 pm wrote:

its not only the manager its the whole system...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:44 pm

only me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:26 pm wrote:
Eagle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:45 pm wrote:

its not only the manager its the whole system...

Klopp is the one not moving onto a plan b.....
Eagle

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Apart from VVD and Keita i don't think we have been heavily linked with anyone else. Doesn't look like there is a plan B.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:03 pm

I have absolutely no doubt there are alternatives. But they obviously not as desirable and Klopp is holding his nerve. We'll find out in the next 2 weeks if it pays off.
Eagle

Postby maguskwt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:23 am

I would be absolutely surprised if Klopp, who has made a name out of buying unknown players and making them into household names at BD, is the one insisting on 70 million pound players and not have any alternatives. IMHO, it's abit of a charade by the owners and Klopp is being taken for a ride...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:59 am

Always an excuse for not spending big and showing intent.

First we had restructuring the finances, had the new stand and training ground, no Champs League and now its lack of availability or value.

At this point the club should be awash with money with huge equity due to increased value, if Klopp is refusing to spend feeling he can train us to Champs then thats on his head but FSG have always been a massive disappointment in the transfer market.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:37 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... e-coutinho

FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho

"We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes."

:nod 

now fook off Barca and those greedy agents looking for a payday.
killerp

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 pm

killerp » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:37 am wrote:http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/271620-fsg-statement-on-philippe-coutinho

FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho

"We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes."

:nod 

now fook off Barca and those greedy agents looking for a payday.

NOW let's build a f*ck!N great team for him to play in!!!!!
:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Apparently Phil has handed in a transfer request  :(
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion