Murphy - Should we keep so called super dan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Steph Gleave » Thu May 06, 2004 12:37 pm

Should we keep hold of Murphy fair enough he's scored a few goals against the mancs but do we really need a player who can only be arsed playing when the team is playing well as far as i'm concerned he's another one of GH blue eyed boys so i think we should get rid with the rest of the s###e.
Steph Gleave

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 06, 2004 12:39 pm

another 'should he stay or should he go now' topic.
Basically for the money we would get for him we should keep him. hesa good squad player and knows what it mewans to the fans a lot more than most of the imported junk that we have bought in the past. He has tos tay, and will stay
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Steph Gleave » Thu May 06, 2004 12:44 pm

I know he's a decent squad player but everytime he gets the opportunity to prove himself in games he just goes missing leaving stevie g to do all his donkey work for him do you ever see him tracking back like the rest of the players when he loses the ball i think he will stay but if we bring in a quality midfielder in the summer do you think he will be contempt to just a few starts and a sore a#se on the bench?.
Steph Gleave

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 06, 2004 12:52 pm

Missing??? you're having a laugh.

He never hides at all and gives 100% every game. When he's bad he doesn't hide either and still always wants the ball hence the reason he sometimes looks worse than he actually is. He's a very valuable player and at the moment the 4th or 5th beste midfielder at the club.

Only an idiot would suggest selling him.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Thu May 06, 2004 12:58 pm

i'd keep him for now. i think he's a valuable asset to the squad, especially with the number of injuries our midfielders tend to pick up.

i agree he hasn't had the greatest of seasons compared to last year. whether his form of last season went to his head i don't know. lets not forget that the guy was going to the world cup until he got injured.

danny is actually one of the best technical players we have got, which compensates for his lack of pace. plus, nobody can save one of his penalties because he places them so well!

keep
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 06, 2004 1:08 pm

Agree with st. mike.
Being one of GH blue eyed boys is not Danny's fault.
This stats again, sorry but it tells why:

Goals
Michael Owen  17
Harry Kewell  11
Emile Heskey  10
Danny Murphy  7
Steven Gerrard  5
Sami Hyypia  5
Bruno Cheyrou  4
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 06, 2004 1:11 pm

8-10 goals is quite acceptable for a midfield player. with the obvious exceptions of pires, scholes etc, you won't find many other midfielders who will score this many.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 06, 2004 1:11 pm

Sorry, this one too:
GOALS SCORED PER GAME
Michael Owen .49
Harry Kewell .24
Emile Heskey .23
Bruno Cheyrou .22
Danny Murphy .18
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:16 pm

can we include with pires and scholes? Hes had a terrible season by his own standards and still scored 11!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:17 pm

can we include kewel (i guess i shoulda added his name in the last post :p :p )
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu May 06, 2004 1:50 pm

Murphy must go! he will never be good enough to carry us any further. He gors missing to often, cant give gerrard support in the midfield, and gets caught in possesion to much for my liking. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 06, 2004 2:11 pm

well i think murphy should stay. Hes had some injuries and whenever ive seen him play hes given 110% commitment to what hes doing. Hes goping througha bad patch but hes a good squad playe and theres others on higher wages and lower capabilities we should be looking at offloading first. We need players who know the passion of the game and club and murphy is at the top of that list
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 06, 2004 2:13 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Murphy must go! he will never be good enough to carry us any further. He gors missing to often, cant give gerrard support in the midfield, and gets caught in possesion to much for my liking. ???

you'd prefer a player who can support gerrard tho he doesn't score as much as him?
Oh, you must be wanting a player who can support gerrard and score more than him.... make sense
But who will he be?!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Thu May 06, 2004 6:41 pm

Danny is a class act who has just had a bad season by his standards! I think if he left the club he would be missed!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 06, 2004 9:40 pm

This is one of the most thought provoking posts I have read on this forum for a while. A releif to see some proper discussion going on.

I am personally stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place on Danny. My heart says keep him and my head says f##k him right off.

My heart says ..............

He must stay cus he is an honest lad who always gives his all, even when he is out of form. He never shirks a tackle or pass, and the biggest problem he has is the crowd getting on his back when he misplaces the first pass of the game. No one can question his commitment, as he always makes himself available for selection, a pass and penalty or free kick taking duties.

He mus stay cus he has scored the winner at Mould Trafford three times in the last four years, and this alone wins him a place on the top table when I get married. I only dream every night of netting the winner against those tw#ts.

He must stay cus last season, when we went however many games without winning a game he was the ONLY player putting it in, and he carried the team. That includes Stevie G who was uncharecteristcly out of form at the time. If it was not for Danny during those couple of months we would not have even got a draw out of some of those games.

However in opposition to my heart my head says........

He simply is not good enough for Liverpool FC. He is at best a good Premeirship player, and we must strive to have the best or better.

He does rely too much on confidence, and as is the way with this type of player, Anfield is not the place you want to be when you are low on confidence. The boo boys all over the stadium get on Danny's back sooner rather than later, and dont give him the benefit of the doubt. As soon as he slides thru a bad pass the w#nk##s like the guy two rows behind me in the Kop sigh boo and berate the lad and sometimes he is simply not strong willed enough to overcome or block out these noises and concentrate on his game.

This is a personal gripe of mine about Danny, when he comes on as a sub, he can take too long to get into the game. This is highlighted when recently at home we have been behind or drawing and needed a sub to change things round and Danny has come on. It can sometimes take him ten minutes to "get acclimatised" to the pace of the game, by which time there is not enough time left to make a difference.

In conclusion, I think we should keep him as he weighs in with enough goals and can handle the big pressure cooker occasions.

KEEP HIM
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion