Mourinho - Says no

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:28 pm

its true - and i'd put them up there with chelsea as main contenders. but i read a rumour on this forum that he wasn't into a move abroad, not sure where it came from. i wouldn't have though there'd be innacurate news posted here...:;):

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:33 pm

He turned down 30 million, whoever makes a move next will have to offer more than that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:38 pm

Its probably his bird alex Curran shes a bit snobby and liked going shoppin with posh, terry, and Lampards girls in portugal and getting flown around in abramovics private jet, and going on his luxury cruise liner for a holiday,and a bit more class than coleen and wants royalty treatment like there mrs get, like shops shutting for the day so the footie wife can shop in privacy :O
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:41 pm

That's one huge sentence Lynds :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:43 pm

A.B. wrote:That's one huge sentence Lynds :D

:D girls talk  :cool: I had this convo with me mate :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:49 pm

Man UTD will bid for Gerrard in the summer if he wants to leave Liverpool, absolutely no doubt about that.

Anyone who says that Gerrard wouldn't join Man UTD because they are our biggest rivals is being naive in the extreme.

Ferguson has gone on record that he thinks Gerrard is the most influential player in Britain and the guy he would like to see replace Roy Keane (different-ish players but a lot of common characterisitcs: the young Roy Keane had similar lung busting dynamism as Gerrard). If you ever go onto Man UTD forums the Mancs all sing Gerrard's praises, not that they'd ever really admit that in the open.

The only problem for Man UTD is Malcom Glazier, if he's as tight as people say he is. If the status quo remains at Old Trafford, UTD will finance a mega bid, although I don't think they would be prepared to outbid Chelsea.

Unless something dramatic happens at Liverpool this season where we suddenly show Chelsea like form after Christmas as well as going far in Europe and winning a trophy (the league cup is a possibility) I'm certain that Gerrard will leave.  :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:55 pm

This is how it really went what I said to me mate, shes a doesnt like footie none of me mates do and think im crazy that I do.
right heres how it went.
me. lisa ohhhhhhhh stevie wants to go,
lisa. stevie who,
me. Stevie Gerrard,
lisa, oh and what like?
me. omg are you crazy he cant leave us ill be f@kin gutted,
lisa. be that alex one
me. yer anno in bleedin HELLO magazine, shopping with Colleen, lampards mrs and Terrys Mrs, and goin for meals and night clubs with posh.
lisa, yer but Alex Currans got more class than Jennifer Ellison that stupid bleedin cow, shes even gona marry Tony Richo.
me. anno what does she see in him, hes a dickhead scally.
when she was seein gerrard remember when she said eeeeeeee I f@cked Gerrard right off sayin he was saying he was the best footie player in the world, and I was lucky to be with him.
Lisa. shes a bad slapper anyway alex currans well nicer.
me. yer anno but but I think its her sayin ohhhhh stevie imagine all that money, and the houses and cars and clothes we can have and the baby will have a better life there.
Lisa. oh well if he goes he goes, didnt michael owen leave?

me. :laugh: (shes thick) erm yer like a few months ago,
lisa. oh erm what are ya doin at the weekend.
:D That was one of my convos with me mate.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:55 pm

Back to Gerrard going to Man UTD issue.

There have been far bigger transfers throughout history where one player moved to a club which was the sworn enemy of his old clubs fans.

When Roberto Baggio left Fiorentina for Juventus the Foirentina fans rioted, breaking into the club's administrative offices and wrecking the place.

Sampdoria fans went nuts when Gianluca Vialli transferred to Juventus.

The biggest "betrayel" transfer in recent memory was when Luis Figo turned his back on Barcelona and joined Madrid. It was headline news in Spain and Figo received countless death threats.

If Gerrard wants to leave because he doesn't think he can realise his ambition at Liverpool, and Man UTD are the only serious bidders, then Gerrard would go to them.

Its a hateful, hateful thought, and although Chelsea and Madrid are the favourites, in no way can the Man UTD option be discounted.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:57 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:lisa, yer but Alex Currans got more class than Jennifer Ellison that stupid bleedin cow, shes even gona marry Tony Richo.
when she was seein gerrard remember when she said eeeeeeee I f@cked Gerrard right off sayin he was saying he was the best footie player in the world, and I was lucky to be with him.

Jennifer Ellison.  :love: BOOM BOOM  :love:  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:01 pm

Ive been readin the manc message boards and they really want him some scary sh.it getting said on there TBH :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:02 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:lisa, yer but Alex Currans got more class than Jennifer Ellison that stupid bleedin cow, shes even gona marry Tony Richo.

Jennifer Ellison.  :love: BOOM BOOM  :love:  :D

I cant stand her nor her fella JB he used to see me mate for years, and shes a dickhead for even goin near him :glare:
Alex Curran is far nicer.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:07 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Back to Gerrard going to Man UTD issue.

There have been far bigger transfers throughout history where one player moved to a club which was the sworn enemy of his old clubs fans.

When Roberto Baggio left Fiorentina for Juventus the Foirentina fans rioted, breaking into the club's administrative offices and wrecking the place.

Sampdoria fans went nuts when Gianluca Vialli transferred to Juventus.

The biggest "betrayel" transfer in recent memory was when Luis Figo turned his back on Barcelona and joined Madrid. It was headline news in Spain and Figo received countless death threats.

If Gerrard wants to leave because he doesn't think he can realise his ambition at Liverpool, and Man UTD are the only serious bidders, then Gerrard would go to them.

Its a hateful, hateful thought, and although Chelsea and Madrid are the favourites, in no way can the Man UTD option be discounted.

I am not discounting Man Utd I just don't see them buying Gerrard. If Wayne Rooney is worth 30 million would that mean that Man Utd would pay 60 million for Gerrard?

I doubt it, I just don't see Gerrard going to United, he knows better than that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:11 pm

A.B. are you aware that wayne Rooney is his best mate?

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:19 pm

A.B. are you aware that wayne Rooney is his best mate?

I could care less really. They played for the same country so why wouldn't they be friends? Owen is his best mate too so that does mean that Steven will go to Madrid or maybe he will go to Chelsea because he knows Lampard very well?

You are questioning the loyality of our player which was started by people who couldn't make it in football and have nothing else to do but to come up with rumors that might make the people buy their papers.

You don't cry over spilt milk so if Gerrard does leave you move on life. Most here and everywhere else in the UK thought that Liverpool would fall on their asses without Steven Gerrard but of course that did not happen.

This is not Steven Gerrard Football Club, this is Liverpool Football Club and it is rather annoying that some think that without Gerrard this club would be nothing.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:52 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:If Gerrard wants to leave because he doesn't think he can realise his ambition at Liverpool, and Man UTD are the only serious bidders, then Gerrard would go to them.

No way would ManU be the only bidder for Gerrard. Maurinho & Abrahmovic have been so close to Stevie before and they will get the cheque book out for him. Not sure about Madrid though, although Stevie will satisfy their quota for a Galactico next year.
If the bid is anything less than £30M, count on ARSEnal to joint in as well.
Bottomline is come this summer, they will be a rush for Stevie's signature and if more than a few clubs are involved, we might see the bid topping £40M, and he will still be considered a bargain.
But my concern is if there is a provision in Stevie's contract which states that he can leave when an offer of £25M are tabled, then it is basically Stevie's call where he wants to go and we will not get a bidding war...
Last edited by Santa on Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion