Mellor, le tallec, traore, potter, francis smith.. - All on there way to hearts?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Jambo » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:51 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

Is andy webster any good? Just asking because we're on the lookout for a CB and heard he was pretty decent.[/quote]
Andy Webster not liverpool quality, would be decent signing for weaker premiership sides but not liverpool.
Jambo

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:55 pm

These all are good players ... they will make you proud .....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:06 pm

Neil Mellor - I think this could be a bit of a coup for Hearts. I’m guessing you could get him for around £500,000. His biggest strength is that he knows where the goal is, he can finish, decent in the air, reasonably intelligent footballer, and half decent technique. Biggest weaknesses are lack of pace but more importantly lack of fitness and natural stamina, he tires too quickly. But if you get him it will be a smart piece of business.

Anthony Le Tallec - I seriously can’t see him going to you. If he can’t play first team in England, Spain or Italy he will go home to France where there are clubs who will buy him. Good player though, still needs development, I’ve always hoped he would make it at Liverpool.

Djimi Traore - May have an outside chance of getting him, I hope Rafa realises that he is a liability. The guy wouldn’t be that bad for Hearts though.

Darren Potter - Average youngster, never good enough for us. Technically sound, and can do a bit of everything but nothing out of the ordinary. Could do a decent job for hearts.

Francis Smith -Never heard of him.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:44 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Neil Mellor - I think this could be a bit of a coup for Hearts. I’m guessing you could get him for around £500,000. His biggest strength is that he knows where the goal is, he can finish, decent in the air, reasonably intelligent footballer, and half decent technique. Biggest weaknesses are lack of pace but more importantly lack of fitness and natural stamina, he tires too quickly. But if you get him it will be a smart piece of business.

Anthony Le Tallec - I seriously can’t see him going to you. If he can’t play first team in England, Spain or Italy he will go home to France where there are clubs who will buy him. Good player though, still needs development, I’ve always hoped he would make it at Liverpool.

Djimi Traore - May have an outside chance of getting him, I hope Rafa realises that he is a liability. The guy wouldn’t be that bad for Hearts though.

Darren Potter - Average youngster, never good enough for us. Technically sound, and can do a bit of everything but nothing out of the ordinary. Could do a decent job for hearts.

Francis Smith -Never heard of him.

they're all average players who occasionally perform...let them all go and get some money if we can.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:57 pm

Francis Smith is a Defensive mid for the U18's but i don't really know anything beyond that about him.. The rest of the names would all be major signings for a club like Hearts imo no offense intended.
Gaunt

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:05 pm

Paul C wrote:
Garymac wrote:I think Mellor would get 20 goals a season in scotland.

My Nan would get 20 goals in Scotland

lol  :D  :D  :D
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:08 am

Hearts can have all of them, just pay us some decent transfer fees. 2 million for Traore? That will be a real con job if we can sell to them...take him, please!  :D
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:56 am

I very much doubt Le Tellec or Traore would go to Scotland for any team but Celtic or Rangers.

Being French (No offence!), they will have an aversion to the weather and the scrapping. :D

Seriously though - Traore, for all the sh*t he is, and Le Tellec, for all the attitude, are CL winners.

I'm sure they could get a better transfer than to Hearts. (I'm not insulting Hearts, but these two should bogger off back to France sharpish, and sign for Auxerre and Lyon or something.)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion