Maybe 0-1 and 0-0 arent bad results really.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rse » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:04 am

Im not sure if I want to finish fourth. Im not sure if I want to suffer the frustration of failing to get out of the group stages of the Champs league. I certainly cant take another season like this.

If we finish fourth the cracks will well and truly be papered over. It will be carry on as normal, and resumption of the never ending 5 year plan.

I actually think that a miserable 6th or 7th would be good in the long run for Liverpool. It would mean that the mess would need addressing, from the players, to the management and maybe the board room. It cant be ignored if we finish that low down.

kopcd.co.uk
'Sing When We're Standing' is an audio cd of the Kop recorded at Anfield during the last ever game standing in 1994.  Quite simply, its the power and passion of the Kop captured on cd.  For more details and to hear a sample from the cd please visit www.kopcd.co.uk
rse

Postby Gbo » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:12 am

I know what you mean rse - I won't be celebrating if we get 4th place because we don't deserve it, simple as that.
Houllier will stay and nothing will change next season.
Gbo

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:55 am

He's had more than enough time and money to be producing better than P60 W22 D18 L20. There is no indication that we are heading in the right direction, maybe 6th or 7th would shake the board up enough. Everyone kept on about his record - 4th, 3rd, 2nd........5th...........? - and of course the four trophies, but we have been attrocious this season and will fall at least two points short of last season which shows we are getting worse
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:27 pm

We only won the treble because of Gary Macallister. It was blind luck that he came to Liverpool (because of the free) and he was the calming influence in a team full of kids (their av age besides Mac was about 23). Since he left they lost alot. Maybe the team needs an older player or two.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:42 pm

we also had bags of luck when we won the treble.  i think we used it all up in 2001.  We don't get any luck now, but we certainly don't help ourselves with some of our players purchases and tactics.  It's time for change.  I'm not hoping for a poor finish to the season, but i think we will end up 5th - 8th place in the end.  I just hope that is enough for the board to realise it is time for a change.  Then again, GH is going to win the title next season isn't he?  Maybe in Saudi Arabia, but not here!!! :;):
Coley

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:53 pm

What's all these talk about qualifying for Champions League??? Don't buy into Houllier's bullsh*t, he is just a desperate man trying to cling on to his job.
Looking at our fixture ahead, we might be fighting just for the UEFA Cup spot by the time we play Newcastle.
I said after the Blackburn game...we might have won our last game of the season. So far so good...Thanks Houllier :p
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion