Markus babbel - What's happening with him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:10 pm

just wandered if anyone has heard anything about markus babbel recently. i remember him saying that he would return to germany if he wasn't in the new managers plans so i presume he's still a liverpool player. unfortunately i don't think he's the same player who was fantastic during the treble season and i think he's 32 now.

do any of you think he has a future at this football club, as a squad player? i have to say i have my doubts. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Yumzl@re » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:15 pm

i agree i guess he is way beyond his former self... i guess his age is a major factor and his past injuries to adds to it... i dun mind him leaving LFC...
Yumzl@re

Postby taff » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:17 pm

I would hope he has a future in the club to be honest as I am a big fan of his.
I never quite understood what happened to him as Houllier backed him 100% during his illness the didnt seem to want him when he returned ???

If he has no future maybe we could use him and Hamman as a tempter for another player e.g. Ballack
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:18 pm

He was a great player but since he came back from his illness he hasn't looked the same player, I don't think anyone knows what the future holds for the likes of him, Smicer, Baros, Henchoz, etc as everything has been quite since Benni arrived.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion