Lyn claim reds offer - Sky news

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:18 pm

Liverpool are rumoured to be ready to pip Bolton to the capture of Oman keeper Ali Al-Habsi.

The 22-year-old has been tipped for greatness since his teenage years, with former Newcastle keeper John Burridge championing his cause way back in 2001.

Burridge was national goalkeeping coach in Oman and aided the youngster's development earlier in his career.

Al-Habsi has been with Norwegian side Lyn for the past two years and his performances have earned rave reviews.

He had trials with Manchester City and Bolton earlier this year and The Trotters have firmed their interest up with a bid in recent weeks.

Bolton's offer has been described as derisory by the Norwegian club, which could well allow Liverpool to sneak into pole position.

"There is no point even discussing it," Lyn director Morgan Andersen told VG of Bolton's offer. "The offer is terribly low, it is almost insulting our intelligence."

Lyn, though, are claiming that they have been approached by an agent representing Liverpool.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is rumoured to be looking at strengthening his goalkeeping options, with the Spaniard said to be unconvinced by Chris Kirkland and Jerzy Dudek, and Al-Habsi could well have caught his eye.

"If the offer we have got is correct, it's certainly something we can consider," added Andersen.

Al-Habsi has struggled to earn a work permit in the past, but his agent said last month that Oman's improvement in recent years should allow him to secure the documentation required to play in The Premiership and a move could emerge in January.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfe....=247819
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:19 pm

what are we doing spending money on the back lot we need new players upo front .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:28 pm

dont get me wrong he is going to be a great keeper
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:31 pm

Maybe you should read the rules buddy.

Forum Rules

Try to post the stuff in existing topics if its relevant at all. Also there is an edit button in the top right that allows you to add or change your post, to save posting ten times in the thread before anyone has the chance to reply.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:33 pm

Leonmc0708 to tell you the truth mate i am getting right fed up with the way some on here are spoken to.
over the last few days members have been posting things that they feel other members would like to know and so they are not missed by beeing placed in the middel of over threads they star a new one like i have just done and all they get is members haveing ago at them for trying to be helpfull.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:30 pm

Oman Keeper to Liverpool? My ******!!! What the hell do we want him for?

I have never heard anything about Oman, are they good team in international games in Arabic matches? Did Oman qualify for World Cup, no, so what the hell do we want him for?

Those rumour is absolutely bollox!!

I thought Scott Carson coming to Anfield.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:55 pm

i agree with you that we maybe don't need this guy to come. but don't write off a player because of his country.

take george weah for example - did liberia get anywhere in international football? no.
would you have george weah in your time? i'd bite your bl.oody arm off for him!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:01 pm

Good point, mate.

Of course I would love to have him in Liverpool at the past but not today (only kidding, mate)

But George Weah used to be very well known in France, I used to remember him when he played for AS Monaco before he signed for AC Milan. French League used to be popular in late 80s when Chris Waddle played for Marseille, i used to watch French League on the telly when I was kid.

But I am asking you that have you heard of those Oman goalkeeper, I have never heard of him before and also I don't watch any of Norweigan League.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:41 pm

lakes10 wrote:Leonmc0708 to tell you the truth mate i am getting right fed up with the way some on here are spoken to.
over the last few days members have been posting things that they feel other members would like to know and so they are not missed by beeing placed in the middel of over threads they star a new one like i have just done and all they get is members haveing ago at them for trying to be helpfull.

Listen matey, I am sure you will remember the days when this place was great and full of intelectual chat.

Unfortunatley nower days its full of ego crazy idiots who try and get their name everywhere.

Make your mind up which category you fall into.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:57 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Maybe you should read the rules buddy.

Forum Rules

Try to post the stuff in existing topics if its relevant at all. Also there is an edit button in the top right that allows you to add or change your post, to save posting ten times in the thread before anyone has the chance to reply.

Are you the new moderator?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:04 pm

Oman though FFS :angry:

How many world class players come from there? Name one :angry:

Half of this forum wont even know where Oman is for christs sake :D

Okay fair enough hes had a bit of practise playing in Norway for a bit but its hardly Serie A is it?

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:30 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Leonmc0708 to tell you the truth mate i am getting right fed up with the way some on here are spoken to.

Listen matey, I am sure you will remember the days when this place was great and full of intelectual chat.

Unfortunatley nower days its full of ego crazy idiots who try and get their name everywhere.

Make your mind up which category you fall into.

looks like you made your mind up mate!
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:34 am

This must be a joke. Players from that part of the world never make it in European football. They are not good enough.
Red_Si

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:53 am

Oman though FFS 

How many world class players come from there? Name one 

Half of this forum wont even know where Oman is for christs sake 

Okay fair enough hes had a bit of practise playing in Norway for a bit but its hardly Serie A is it?

Well said Dom1 err I mean Roberts!  :D

Where is Oman??
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:06 pm

Lee J wrote:
Oman though FFS 

How many world class players come from there? Name one 

Half of this forum wont even know where Oman is for christs sake 

Well said Dom1 err I mean Roberts!  :D

Where is Oman??

Middle East, near Dubai or something like that
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion