Liverpools squad for Malaysian tour

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:12 pm

So the reds kick off their tour of Malaysia on the 14th of July against the Thailand All Stars ,so who are you looking forward to seeing play ?
Albeit from seeing how Milner fares in the middle and how Clyne is going to settle in at the back ,I'm happy Chirivella , Rossiter , young Harry
Wilson and  Ryan Kent have been included ,and I'm delighted Teixeira has the opportunity to impress alongside our more established midfielders.

Discuss
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:48 pm

For me Preseason is all about bedding in your team and setting out your stall for the upcoming season. For the last 3 seasons we have put out sides full of fringe players and debutantes from the academy who have no chance of featuring for us in the league. I hope this year it will be different. We will only be missing a few who are late to return but we have pretty much a full side available for selection. A side that will at least look like something we will field when we line up against stoke.

I think Teixeira should be given game time and be a part of the team for the coming season. He is 22 and about time he was given a chance, as RBG said alongside some established players to see what he has in his locker.

The other one I would like to see is llori. Has he travelled with the squad ? or will he be linking up later on ?. Hopefully he gets a proper chance whenever he does return.
I also think its make or break for those two this season.

Overall I think we have a big enough squad without the need to field players like wilson, rossiter and kent. We have a lot of new faces again to integrate alongside some from last year who struggled to make the step up so they need every minute playing together that they can get. I have nothing against the academy lads either and its good that they get brought along for the experience but none of them are likely to play a part during the season.

Our biggest challenge now is getting something going on that pitch because in less than 4 weeks time we return to stoke. We have to have a finely oiled outfit ready to take to the field for that one.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:55 pm

I think because the kids will in all probability be afforded scant time to impress throughout the season ,then pre season tours are the ideal time to remind them of how big a club Liverpool actually are ,and if they are to force they're respective way into the team then commitment ,dedication ,and no less passion will be essential to see this come to fruition ....besides that I firmly believe impressive displays will leave the fans clamouring for their inclusion in the cup competitions.

Lets not forget that devoid of pre season opportunities we could seriously miss out on a player ready and talented enough to save us a fortune, and  I  don't think age defines ability and a 18 year old Gerrard being thrown into the first team testifies to that.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Balotelli not included in squad
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby killerp » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:08 am

Dundreamin is back » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:58 pm wrote:Balotelli not included in squad

No loss.

I'd rather see what Origi can do or can't do, if he is on the tour.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Dundreamin is back » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:58 pm wrote:Balotelli not included in squad

I think he's going to his fathers funeral
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:05 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:48 pm wrote:For me Preseason is all about bedding in your team and setting out your stall for the upcoming season. For the last 3 seasons we have put out sides full of fringe players and debutantes from the academy who have no chance of featuring for us in the league. I hope this year it will be different. We will only be missing a few who are late to return but we have pretty much a full side available for selection. A side that will at least look like something we will field when we line up against stoke.

I think Teixeira should be given game time and be a part of the team for the coming season. He is 22 and about time he was given a chance, as RBG said alongside some established players to see what he has in his locker.

The other one I would like to see is llori. Has he travelled with the squad ? or will he be linking up later on ?. Hopefully he gets a proper chance whenever he does return.
I also think its make or break for those two this season.

Overall I think we have a big enough squad without the need to field players like wilson, rossiter and kent. We have a lot of new faces again to integrate alongside some from last year who struggled to make the step up so they need every minute playing together that they can get. I have nothing against the academy lads either and its good that they get brought along for the experience but none of them are likely to play a part during the season.

Our biggest challenge now is getting something going on that pitch because in less than 4 weeks time we return to stoke. We have to have a finely oiled outfit ready to take to the field for that one.

Agree 100% mate, we do the same thing every year, we field a series of scratch sides which achieves absolutely nothing (bar get our fringe players fit) but lo and behold when the season starts the manager will say the players need time to get to know each other!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion