LIVERPOOL VS SOUTH CHINA FC - Pre season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Lee J wrote:sissoko is absolutley garbage.  off load him now Rafa! he is NOT up to LFC standard anymore.

What makes you say this? He may get the jitters when he has the ball outside the area, but he has his uses.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:42 pm

Just got back from the game. What a CRACKER!
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:28 pm

some nice goals, i only saw highlights but kewell looked like he was quite sharp and alonso impressed me...

sissoko looks out of place when he reaches the opposition box, and voronin made me think again that he is gonna be last year's Kuyt...he just looks more comfortable in that role.

bloody hell riise's goal was a bolt of lightning
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:47 pm

kunilson wrote:some nice goals, i only saw highlights but kewell looked like he was quite sharp and alonso impressed me...

sissoko looks out of place when he reaches the opposition box, and voronin made me think again that he is gonna be last year's Kuyt...he just looks more comfortable in that role.

bloody hell riise's goal was a bolt of lightning

Actually, Kewell was a pile of :censored: today. I'm sure he'll get much better as the days wear on.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:53 pm

i guess i only saw the good bits then :D weird eh?
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:57 pm

kunilson wrote:i guess i only saw the good bits then :D weird eh?

:D
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:25 am

Well, people were booing Sissoko because they were too bored as the game appeared to be slow and slower. Also, just happened he had several dogy tackle on the opponents. So people were booing him not because of his ability but because of those tackles. As you know there are also fans for the local club. So, booing him is normal i suppose. Anyway, kewell look slow and really played a poor game. On the other hand, Voronin really impresses me. Just hope we can improve on our finishing from the strikers. Otherwise, it will be a long season again.....Too bad not able to see Torres and Babel. Hopefully can catch them in the game on Friday.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:43 am

It p155ed me off when the crowd boo'd us for keeping the ball :angry:
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:55 am

just watched the highlights on .tv, looked like a good workout in front of a decent sized crowd. Always hard to tell from highlights but Alonso looked pretty sharp out there.

Anyone else notice all the players have been wearing heart rate monitors (the straps) durgin pre-season?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:20 am

Haha I was at the game yesterday and hell, despite being a brilliant atmosphere for Hong Kong sporting standards, there are a couple of complaints. I, for one, did not join in and  approve of the continuous booing of Sissoko as well as of possession keeping. It simply shows the fickleness of local fans but this should be expected of Asian spectators since we do not get opportunities like this and tend to attend such preseason warm up games in high hopes. Anyways, it was a good night out and it was truly laughable that Fulham and Portsmouth had to play in a crowd full of Red :D

On a side note, man, local support for Liverpool was simply immense. I would think at least 15,000 amongst the crowd donned Liverpool shirts. Amazing really, by Hong Kong standards. I'll upload the photos later on.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:20 pm

momo was still the same, put in good and hard tackles and :censored: when distributing. The crowd probably wanted to see us beat the :censored: out of South China FC and play attractive football but with momo miss passing around, i wouldnt blame them for being :censored:. hopefully momo wont perform like this in the PL.

Mr Yossi cannot play on the wing, he barely did anything, almost non existant. Now i really miss garcia.

Looking foward to see Torres Babel and probably Lucas next game.
onizukaeikichi

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:21 pm

I managed to get a pictures with the South China manager and one of their players. The really buff guy with dreadlocks who could probably convert to a rugby player if he wanted too. :D

I'll see if I can post it up later.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm

Oh yeah and I can't wait for Friday!
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:46 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:poor momo
getting booed by those inappreciative people at the stadium

Nothing in it, just people of a different culture to yours enjoying a night out.  I think the crowd were pleasantly surprised by Sth China's performance, especially after Manure's destruction of Shanghai the night before. As a result, they naturally supported both Liverpool and the team from their home town.  Booing Sissoko was a bit of fun to them IMHO.  They certainly weren't unappreciative.

It wasn't easy for me to hear, but put into context I didn't let it ruin my first time ever to see the boys live.

I was impressed by Pennant and Kuyt, who both came on with fresh legs and looked really good.  And Hyypia did the business as a holding midfielder, spraying passes around with aplomb!  Fantastic!

I wasn't impressed with Benayoun or Kewell (obviously sick of Asian faces), but he gave us width, he stuck to the sideline and that was exactly where he needed to be.  Sissoko started brightly, but does need to stick to the basics.

Good to see the new guys out there, looking forward to Friday, hope to see 90 minutes from Gerrard and Torres.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:47 pm

The game against portsmouth should be a very good game , they have a really good squad and it will be a tough match . Hope our boys will put in a great peformence and maintain the unbeatable run in the pre-season.

Nice to see that we are banging in goals from defence hope this carries on to the premier .
Elchris

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion