Liverpool vs kaiserslautern - Televised coverage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:33 pm

coddy wrote:
john craig wrote:
Ydde wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Benitez also offered words of sympathy to 17-year-old defender Jack Hobbs whose mistakes led to the Kaiserslautern goals.

"I always say to a player when you make a mistake you have to work harder and make up for it in the next game," commented Benitez.

"I will comfort Jack as he is a young boy who will learn from this."

Did anyone else saw that after the final whistle, Finnan immediately went up to put an arm around Hobbs. Then I saw Bellamy did the same thing! Nice to see the good team spirit there.

Noticed that too.  Good to see the senior players offering the lad support.  I felt sorry for him to be honest.

Poor Little Bugger...........

Maybe 'little' isn't so appropriate mate, he's 6'3'' at 17, he's a fecking giant :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:36 pm

ok ok i admit defeat!
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ydde » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:36 pm

coddy wrote:Whos your man of the match people??? i do mean from our side.

I say Sissoko. One good thing to come out of that camera angle was to be able to see Sossoko up close in action.

He was physically dominating the game, constantly tackling, winning balls, and covering the ground.
Ydde

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:17 pm

F.ucking Reina.  Will he ever break his duck? :angry:

:laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby matrix » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:32 pm

Ydde wrote:
coddy wrote:Whos your man of the match people??? i do mean from our side.

I say Sissoko. One good thing to come out of that camera angle was to be able to see Sossoko up close in action.

He was physically dominating the game, constantly tackling, winning balls, and covering the ground.

sissoko was fantastic today as usual his tackling was just fuking awsome... pennant looked good to, my only concern is the injury to fabio aurelio...were hoping its just a stiff calf, garcia should be ok in 2 days...i know im a doctor   :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:F.ucking Reina.  Will he ever break his duck? :angry:

Ay man.

Reina was fanta-bulous in that game.  :D

Who needs Zenden when we've got Reina?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:02 pm

anti-hero wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:F.ucking Reina.  Will he ever break his duck? :angry:

Ay man.

Reina was fanta-bulous in that game.  :D

Who needs Zenden when we've got Reina?

Well, as Robben found out last season, Reina does well sticking the boot in too.  Maybe a new midfield enforcer?  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:02 pm

Sissoko was indeed fantastic.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:47 pm

I tell you what, I'd have Reina in midfield every week if it got Diao off our books. :D

As for Hobbs, he had an absolute nightmare half, but I'd much rather he got all his mistakes out of the way in a meaningless friendly than in a crucial Premiership fixture or a cup final. He's got a big future ahead of him, it's just that today he didn't put down the marker he would've liked. He'll be back, and I'm sure Rafa and the boys have told him just that. :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby mikopool » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:58 pm

Nightmare games like that usually kick someone in gear or totaally shred their confidence, either way he is a young lad and has plenty of time to work with either or. I am sure if this game meant something we would have won, I am already getting nervous about injuries, but thats football. I really think we need a new striker, originally I though Fowler,Bellamy,Sinama,Crouch might be enough, but it simply won't do.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:04 pm

Plenty of time for him to get that second half out of his system, he is no were near being a regular in the first team squad, prob 3+ years, and prob wont make a carling cup apperence this season, maybe next year.

He is only 17, no need to worry too much, would like to see him start on Tuesday to try and repair some confiedence, pref next to Hyypia.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:05 pm

mikopool wrote:Nightmare games like that usually kick someone in gear or totaally shred their confidence, either way he is a young lad and has plenty of time to work with either or. I am sure if this game meant something we would have won, I am already getting nervous about injuries, but thats football. I really think we need a new striker, originally I though Fowler,Bellamy,Sinama,Crouch might be enough, but it simply won't do.

dont forget Garcia and/or Gerrard if we REALLY get desperate
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:05 pm

Nobody should read anything into the performance incidentally. Kaiserslautern look a well-drilled side, and to be honest a full strength side of theirs against an LFC reserve side was a pretty fair fight.

Our subs second half should've yielded the win, but unfortunately we got caught on the break three times due to very poor defending in the centre of the defence. Dudek and Traore will definitely hope that no potential suitors tuned in, as they did themselves no favours whatsoever.

Palletta again looked incredibly promising - looks the part even at this early age and stage. Peltier looked lively at right back first half, and linked well with Anderson up the flank. Showed a lot of positional naivety though, something I'm sure this kind of outing will bring home to him. Bellamy and Fowler again showed very encouraging signs of a partnership worth persevering with, and with better service from midfield I think they could've had a hatful between them.

Nice easy runout for Pennant, good touches and signs of class from Aurelio, Zenden solid, Riise eager and effective, Sissoko closing down as if it was the most important game of his life, as always. Hope Garcia's injury isn't too serious - his brief cameo was full of all the good things he's capable of bringing to the side. Gonzalez largely anonymous and unwilling to run at his man, which was a shame. Reina's runout was hilarious, and although he looked a bit of a donkey on the deck, he won a fair few balls in the air, which shows what a fine athlete he is.

Good runout for the boys generally. A chore to watch first half, not easy on the eye due to the camera position (could they not have got a crane in to get a better angle?), but it's all good work for the squad and good experience for the youngsters.

Once the likes of Alonso, Gerrard, Crouch and Carragher start turning out, we'll see exactly what we're about. Now that I think we'll all watch. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:08 pm

Dont forget that Kaiserslautern's season starts in a week so they have had a whole pre season under their belt, were as we have only been back for under 4 weeks, were still 3 weeks away from our first league game.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:09 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Dont forget that Kaiserslautern's season starts in a week so they have had a whole pre season under their belt, were as we have only been back for under 4 weeks, were still 3 weeks away from our first league game.

good point, and we are still under manned
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion