LIVERPOOL VS AUXERRE

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:54 pm

i have said it many times, i dont see what anyone can get excited about with kuyt. give me 60k a week and i will run non stop for 90 minutes without ever really threatening to break any scoring records.

lets hope this season he starts scoring, i mean is that asking to much from a forward, actually being a goal threat
112-1077774096

Postby RedorDead » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:00 pm

peewee wrote:i have said it many times, i dont see what anyone can get excited about with kuyt. give me 60k a week and i will run non stop for 90 minutes without ever really threatening to break any scoring records.

lets hope this season he starts scoring, i mean is that asking to much from a forward, actually being a goal threat

I am someone in the "pro Kuyt" camp and believe he will contribute with his fare share of goals this season. His work rate and fitness levels are second to none and if the team tactics allow him to play his prefferred way he will score, he was nothing short of prolific in the dutch league and I know there is a difference in standard but he knows how to score goals, that is a fact.
I may of course be wrong and the coming months will tell us but lets not judge too harshly after pre-season, these games are notoriously poor indicators of actual form.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Shocking , didn't watch the match but judging by some of the expert analysis on here it was terrible, Kuyt just worked hard and didn't score a hat trick ! Sell him.

Babel didn't dribble round 11 players,nutmeg the Reff and curl one in from 30 yards ! Sell him aswell, none of them fit to wear the shirt.

I thought doom and gloom was reserved for the when the season starts ?

Looking forward to reading more pearls of wisdom if we don't win our first 10 games, as its a well known fact that teams that play well in pre- season matches go on to win the League all the time
destro

Postby scouser 'til I die » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:35 pm

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:20 pm

couldn't see from the replay but who set up Agger's header?
JoeTerp

Postby Forever_Red » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Nabil El Zhar mate
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:32 pm

Anyone else with an eseason ticket? Normally they would have the full 90mins match feed on there by now but coz of the new Setanta channel it looks like the club have decided to shaft anyone dumb enough to pay £2.99 a month for the privilege :(

Does the £9.99 a month Setanta just get you the lfc channel or does that include their EPL package as well?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:39 pm

the full package. 9 channels.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redmikey » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:03 pm

things from the game

1, gerrard is looking sharp

2, pepe has nothing to worry about from our resy keepers

3, yossi looks at home at a better team

4, torres one on one is no fowler,owen or rush but we knew that, he looked good on the ball and works hard for the team

5, palleta is never gonna make it , his timing and communication seem awful, he misses more headers than any CB i have ever seen

6, pennant is the new garcia, hated by some loved by others

7, it is pre season so all of the above don't matter a rats @rse
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:28 pm

Forever_Red wrote:Nabil El Zhar mate

I think he is quality and until Yossi came, I thought he was going to breakthrough for some significant minutes this year.  I think Yossi will feature as a sub in a lot of our games this year, because of his versatility, and with the additional of Babel as well, pennant playing well, Kewell fit, no room to get a game at striker, I feel sorry for Nabil, hope he goes on loan and really impresses. I think in a few years time a 4-3-3 with El Zhar and Babel out wide and Torres in the middle (assuming they all develop,  progress, improve and mature) could just eat up the league.
JoeTerp

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:24 pm

peewee wrote:i have said it many times, i dont see what anyone can get excited about with kuyt. give me 60k a week and i will run non stop for 90 minutes without ever really threatening to break any scoring records.

He was our second top goal scorer and our top league goal scorer what else do you want from him!

Why do people keep moaning about Kuyt?
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Conditions: Very hot

Attendance: 5,833

Liverpoolfc.tv Man-of-the-Match: Yossi Benayoun

I am thinking the Very Hot conditions played a part in the poor standard of play, did anyone who watched the game notice anything special from Yossi? was this "Mon of the Match" deserved?
JoeTerp

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:21 pm

cannot believe people are judging babel after barely 1 game

clueless idiots

i remember momo sissoko in his few games for the club in pre season and people were saying he was like djimi troare in centre mid.

dont judge a man based on a friendly
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Agreed, a pre season game especially in the heat should not be judgement on how good or bad a player is/going to be. Babel wasnt great todat but im sure there is more to come from him
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:38 pm

The preseason games are interesting because you start to see new faces and after talking a lot about them you are willing to watch them in a red shirt.

But other than that, the preseason games are just preseason games, and their point is to put the players in a "game mood". It's natural to see errors, it's natural to spot them and it's natural to correct mistakes in preseason. No player or team should lose a bit of credit for their preseason games. It's unimportant. Some teams even pick 3rd division Dutch teams to start putting players into game mood and win 13-0. The score is the least important thing, the point is to give the men some ball contact because preseason training doesn't traditionally stress on ball contact.

I won't say anything about Torres finishing until November.
:)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion