Liverpool vs ac milan 1987-1990 - Who would win?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mike72 » Wed May 11, 2005 3:25 pm

I think Liverpool of '84 could've beaten Milan of '87-'90.  That team had so much skill and experience...who else could've gone to Roma and won the European Cup there?  The answer is...nobody
mike72

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed May 11, 2005 6:07 pm

can someone please set out th two team starting 11 back then??
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed May 11, 2005 11:34 pm

Arrigo Sachi, the manager of that side, is apparently Benitez' idol.

I read somewhere that guys like Mourinho and Benitez see Sachi as the greatest manager of modern times.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 11, 2005 11:38 pm

I lean towards Milan as well. A truly awesome side and proved on the big European Stage how good they really were.

Liverpool's 87 side was something to behold as well but may well have found Milan too good on the day.

One things for certain though, it's going to be one unforgettable game in a fortnight when these two cklubs do it for real
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sat May 14, 2005 11:54 pm

Aldo hattrick! oh ye of little faith!  :down:
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby azriahmad » Tue May 17, 2005 7:55 am

Milan, IMHO was a shade better given the pedigree of the players they had.

However, Capello's Milan was tactically superior despite having less talents at his disposal (if memory serves me right, Gullit was often injured then and van Basten had kept Papin as a sub). They went one whole season undefeated and emerged as Champions of Serie A, but lost out to Marseille in the CL. The following season, they demolished a heavily fancied and very attack minded Barca 4-0 with Dejan Savicevic scoring a wonder goal from the half-way line!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed May 18, 2005 12:01 pm

Milan I'd have to say.  I've seen footage of both teams (though never a full match from either sadly) but given the reputations of the sides in their own leagues, and the reputations of the players themselves Milan would edge it for me probably 3-2 or something similiar
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion