Liverpool v crewe - A chance to fine tune the strikers!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:01 pm

Toffeehater wrote:No resting either striker , they need to score here to get back their confidence in the case of keane and a good chance for torres to shake of his rust . 4-0

you know Rafa wants to give them rest at some point or another, especially with Torres' early season niggles. Would you rather he rest them for the Merseysid Derby or the Champions League? I don't think so
JoeTerp

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:36 pm

These are professionals and are paid alot of money to play , 8 games or less so far and i doubt they will be tired , torres needs the game to shake of his match fitness and i think he could start like how he did last season against reading
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:52 pm

Torres really got going last season after that Cup game against Reading. Hopefully Keane can clean the rust of his boots and get into action.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 pm

full squad to start then when we score number 4 take off the big guns.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Couple of points. Joe, you said Insua had gone on loan then promptly stcuk him on your team mate  :D  Also, it we were to play Torres and/or Gerrard and some Crewe numpty broke one of their legs, it would be cataclysmic. Don't take the risk I say, if either of these two got long term injuries, we would do well to finish in the top four IMHO, particularly if it was Gerrard.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I don’t think starting Keane in such a low profile game alongside a bunch of squad players and youngsters will do much for his confidence or ego, even if he did end up scoring a goal or two.

Cool Hand Luke is the typical poster I quote few times. He just comes, as of late not very often, he posts something that makes sense, and I don't have anything to discuss!

This bit I disagree with it, though. When I posted the opposite opinion I did think about precisely the point you mention there, but still I do think a couple of goals against Crewe would help to dispell some of his "stress".
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:43 am

s@int wrote:We have NEVER lost a league game when Lucas has started !

Saint...this is the league cup  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:46 am

bigmick wrote:Couple of points. Joe, you said Insua had gone on loan then promptly stcuk him on your team mate  :D  Also, it we were to play Torres and/or Gerrard and some Crewe numpty broke one of their legs, it would be cataclysmic. Don't take the risk I say, if either of these two got long term injuries, we would do well to finish in the top four IMHO, particularly if it was Gerrard.

read it again I think you missed the most important word in the sentence "Not"
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:48 am

Sabre wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:I don’t think starting Keane in such a low profile game alongside a bunch of squad players and youngsters will do much for his confidence or ego, even if he did end up scoring a goal or two.

Cool Hand Luke is the typical poster I quote few times. He just comes, as of late not very often, he posts something that makes sense, and I don't have anything to discuss!

This bit I disagree with it, though. When I posted the opposite opinion I did think about precisely the point you mention there, but still I do think a couple of goals against Crewe would help to dispell some of his "stress".

there is also the risk of him playing and not scoring and that making his confidence even lower because he will be thinking "FFS I can't even score against Crewe"
JoeTerp

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:11 am

JoeTerp wrote:
Sabre wrote:

there is also the risk of him playing and not scoring and that making his confidence even lower because he will be thinking "FFS I can't even score against Crewe"

Come on Joe, he's a professional.  He just needs to play as many games as possible right now in order to regain his form.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:28 am

JoeTerp wrote:
bigmick wrote:Couple of points. Joe, you said Insua had gone on loan then promptly stcuk him on your team mate  :D  Also, it we were to play Torres and/or Gerrard and some Crewe numpty broke one of their legs, it would be cataclysmic. Don't take the risk I say, if either of these two got long term injuries, we would do well to finish in the top four IMHO, particularly if it was Gerrard.

read it again I think you missed the most important word in the sentence "Not"

:blush: sorry fella, my cab here yet?  :)
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:17 am

give kuyt a game, i hear that refs are giving goals now even when the ball is four yards past the post

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 am

:D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:10 am

i also feel that Keane should play tonight, he needs to get a goal from somewhere and we should create loads of chances for him during the game. I'd also like to see Riera get a run, no better way of introducing him to English football than a cup game against lower league team :D

Does anyone know why Pennant is being left to rot? i think when he's had a few games under his belt and is confident he's done a job for us, and lets face it he's a much better winger than Dirk. Rafa should play Pennant tonight and give him a chance
Rimetto_

Postby lakes10 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:32 am

Is this on tv tonight, i can not find it?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion