Liverpool face champion league ban - Platini playing g0d again?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:26 pm

Number 9 wrote: :laugh: :laugh:
Trust Everton to think its a great idea!
Their desperation to get involved with the big boys is hilarious.

:D
why do people support such bitters. talk about being a good role model.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:46 pm

What is that French c*nt's problem? Did he try to head a 10-pin bowling ball instead of a footy?

Does this pr*ck not realise that the teams this ridiculous plan would ban would simply break away from the sh*te that is UEFA and start their OWN European league?

Which event would draw the crowds and the sponsors?:

"The Non-Champions' League", featuring such teams as Scunthorpe Utd, Ipswich Town and Margate AFC, or "The breakaway from the tw*ts in UEFA league", featuring LFC, SH*tski, Man Scum, Arsenal, AC Milan, Juve, Inter, Real Madrid, Barca, etc, etc, etc?

Hmmm...

Anyone got a gun?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:31 pm

Man City, just reported as paying 19 million quid  to CSKA Moscow for some unknown Brazilian called Jo have just shot Platini and every other club chairman in the foot. So much for medium size clubs not being anble to flash the cash.

WTF is Jo when he's at home ?  Pathetic signing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:11 am

If platini wants to be fair across the board, if he wants to make the competition great then why not go back to the time when the saying was "If it isnt broke, dont fix it". As in go for what the name is suggesting. Champions only. If this means going for the old 2 legged knockout comp then why not.

As far as we are concerned we would be gutted as we miss out on the premier of european competition but if we were involved we deserve to be there as we are champions of our league. Also this would put off foreign investors. They have to come first to benefit, they have to invest in the team and therefore any investors in a club will have money to make that team into league challengers. If they fail to contribute to a team then they will, without a doubt, lose out, even with the money made from the premiership itself.

It would appear that platini is giving answers to questions that none of us have heard asked. But they are being asked, by who is what is bothering me.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 am

Reg wrote:Joking aside lets see it from the Dutch or Belgian angle who have in their time had european success with Ajax and Bruge for example.  These leagues have small clubs (....), small stadiums, small attandences, small local popoulation so limited sponsership and advertising revenue and income.

In the UK we have global coverage, sponsership and advertising and global income from our overseas supporters (including satellite tv income etc..). On top of that we have good income from the league, FA cup and european success, all at the higher rate than anything Ajax can dream of. So Platini is stating the obvious there is a mis-distribution of income but life has always been survival of the fittest and the global tv public doesnt want to watch two small Belgian sides thrashing it out on a saturday afternoon in the rain on a cowfield.

However...... UEFA must be under enormous pressure from these clubs and Everton to address income distribution to allow them the chance to try catch up before, in 5 years time the gap will have doubled again.  I reckon the gap is probably doubling every 5 years between the top 1-2 and say the 7th placed club, never mind outside of the UK leagues. The consequence of this will either be a european super league or a Scottish system whereby the top 4 in each league will be be excellent and the rest sh!te.

Platini has a point but no one is going to make it easy for him.

Yeah I can see the problem that faces UEFA with these all powerful clubs that have become a mini-league. There were plenty moaning about how Roman's money bought Chelsea a domestic league and I like to see bit more of level playing field.

Trouble is kneejerk little plans like this one or the 5/6 rule arent going to work. I doubt even a salary cap would work somehow

Dont have any answers but I do know that its a road to Peridition all this money
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:42 am

Platini acknowledged the Spanish clubs that are up to their knees in debt, just not directly. Still it was for the same reason we all assume it was for
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion