Lfc headlines

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:58 pm

Nunez: "I need to improve
Antonio Nunez accepts he needs to improve to convince the Liverpool fans he is worthy of a first team place at Anfield.
The Spanish midfielder admits he's failed to shine during his early weeks on Merseyside but he remains confident he'll get better and better as the season goes on.

He said: "I don't think Liverpool supporters have seen me at my best yet. I have only ever played to 60 or 70 per cent of what I am capable of. I know I need to do more of the things I'm good at, like taking the ball past opponents and improving my crossing into the box. Those are my strengths and I have to play to them.

"I know I can give more and I know I can be involved more in the game. I don't think it is down to getting to know my team-mates either. I have been here for a long time now and have been playing in the team for two months. I think in that time I have learned what they like to do on the pitch, and where they like the ball. They know the same about me, too.

"What I can say is that I'm much happier with the way the second month has gone. I think I am getting better because I was not very happy with the way I played during the first month. There is still room for improvement. I hope I am happier again after the third month."

Biscan gets a chance to impress
Igor Biscan will be given a chance to stake his claim for a new Liverpool contract when he lines up against Charlton on Tuesday night.
Biscan, whose deal expires at the end of the season, will replace Dietmar Hamann in the Reds' midfield as the German serves a one match suspension.

Biscan turned down the opportunity to leave Anfield earlier this month, but Benitez has revealed the club have not yet made a decision about his future on Merseyside.

"There is a good opportunity for Igor Biscan. He played well against Watford and he knows he's important because we don't have Xabi Alonso," said the boss.

"His contract is finished at the end of the season and there are clubs interested in him.
We've made no promises to him about the future, but we're happy he decided to stay with us because we need him.

"After winning, it's better to have some rest. We have time to enjoy the victory. We have an important game at Charlton on Tuesday. We have the same points and know a win will have an impact on the future. We need to do the same as we did at Watford."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:27 pm

Biscan out.
He is a ****** player, not good enough for Norwich city let alone LFC.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:30 pm

Before we get rid of Biscan genius we need to find a better central midfielder, with our injuries Alonso,Hamann,Gerrard[who may leave] is not enough.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby coolsobs » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:39 pm

I still have faith in him to come good, he's got the skill i think he just hasn't got much confidence at the moment
coolsobs

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:39 pm

The physio would be a better midfielder than Biscan - He cannot pass, run, shoot or tackle.

He is of no use to us.

We do have Hamman who can do all of the above and Smicer coming back to fitness who can also play inside. In addition to that i would like to see Potter and some of the other younger players given a chance to come through - they are hungry and eager to break into the first team. Biscan is neither.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:52 pm

So you see Potter and Smicer as a long term solution for the central midfield?

Hamann is getting old and Gerrard may leave which means we would have Alonso and Hamann left. Clearly we need to sign a quality midfielder.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kla » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:06 pm

I've said this about a million times, but it's damn true: Garcia is a load of ******
At least Nunez is trying to improve
kla

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:39 pm

Most of our players wether you admit it or not are Championship standard,but i think even Rafa has seen this but without serious backing we are going to struggle to replace the likes of Biscan who has had atleast 5yrs to come good.

****** happens such is life i afraid but be sure theres only two ways we can go as a club either become a major force in world football again and stop sounding like sad has beens by talking about the past glories OR slip into the football wilderness which is totally out of the question.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:52 pm

Not championship standard they're at worst relegation-threatened premiereleague standard.  And some players like Gerrard, Morientes (we havent seen it yet but everybody knows what hes capable of), Alonso etc are absolutley top quality players.  The trouble is we have to many players who are squad players at best and not enough quality first teamers.  Like Traore should only ever be cover, hes improved a lot and thats why im not saying we should just ditch him.  Hyypia is a class defender and a very good and loyal servent to this great club but he's no spring chicken and he didnt have the quickest pair of legs when he was signed either.  Carra's technical abilities are only squad player-ish but he more than makes up for that with passion and desire so he could probably actually go in the top bracket with morientes, alonso and gerrard.
Finnan is pretty good and is looking a very good player this season, nunez has admitted he needs to improve and garcia needs to work on his decision making.  There are too many players who shouldnt be first teamers but are, now I know Houllier and injuries have contributed to that but still
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:12 am

Yes Starbridge too rigjt mate but what we gona do? sit here and hope that
things change for the better,cos i don't think that's gona do the job any time soon.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:49 am

A.B. wrote:Before we get rid of Biscan genius we need to find a better central midfielder, with our injuries Alonso,Hamann,Gerrard[who may leave] is not enough.

We've got plenty of youngsters already at the club who should play instead of Biscan. He's accident prone.

Look at what a good job Wenger has done with those 2 youngsters. And Welsh is a better player than Flamini
tel

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion