Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Sat May 31, 2014 7:44 pm

Malaria? Ffs ....

Get well soon Kolo
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Looks like the move to Trabzonspor is back on and the move should be completed pretty soon

Good move all round tbh
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:01 am

With Toure gone, we hopefully will be able to keep Agger. Otherwise we might be short of defensive cover with only Sakho, Lovren and Skrtel as senior defenders. Though I hope Coates and perhaps Ilori can make this their breakthrough year
alxy

Postby alxy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:04 am

Oh and by the way, good luck Kolo and thanks for SOME of the memories. Though I suspect the own goal and dodgy moments will stand out more in people's memories than others :)
alxy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:48 am

If he leaves then good luck to him, he made one or two high profile mistakes later on in the season but he did bring a lot of enthusiasm to the club early on which helped get our campaign up and running and let's not forget that the one season he was here coincided with our best league campaign in a quarter of a century.
Our signings weren't stellar last summer and a great season didn't look on the cards but his infectious enthusiasm gave the whole club a lift including the fans.
Good luck Kolo and thanks for everything mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:36 pm

looking likely he'll go for 1.8 million, which isn't bad business.

Thought he started strongly for us, then struggled as pressure mounted on him. Still a good defender on his day, but too error prone and not really what we need. Sell Kolo and keep Agger I say...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Agreed
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:If he leaves then good luck to him, he made one or two high profile mistakes later on in the season but he did bring a lot of enthusiasm to the club early on which helped get our campaign up and running and let's not forget that the one season he was here coincided with our best league campaign in a quarter of a century.
Our signings weren't stellar last summer and a great season didn't look on the cards but his infectious enthusiasm gave the whole club a lift including the fans.
Good luck Kolo and thanks for everything mate.

Agree with that
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Don't know if he's gone for sure, but if he is I'd like to thank him for his great performances at the start of last season, which was crucial to our success.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Trabzonspor president has confirmed Kolo Toure have agreed terms and that the player will join up with the squad shortly. (Turkish-Football)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:37 am

Contradiciting report in African press...

Wednesday Aug 13, 2014. 12:11
Linked with an imminent move to Trabzonspor, Liverpool’s Ivoirian defender Kolo Touré says he will remain at Anfield and honour the last year of his contract with the Reds.

After getting a confidence boost by manager Brendan Rodgers, the 33-year-old is feeling as fit as ever and ready to fight for playing time in the new Premier League season.

“I am still at Liverpool. I had talks with the coach who clearly indicated that I was part of his plans. It is a privilege to be at Liverpool. I am very happy to wear the shirt of this legendary club,” Kolo told Sport Ivoire.

“I feel good physically. At 33 years of age, I am ready for any challenge. It is because I have been spared from serious injuries during my career. I continue to work hard in training to keep up the momentum, and it is why the coach wants to keep me at Liverpool.

“Trabzonspor are interested in me, but I have expressed my pleasure at being a Liverpool player.

“Yes, it is always a possibility to join a lower league for more playing time, but I am a competitor and I decided to stay at Liverpool. However, the situation can change at any time, but for the moment I am at Liverpool and I want to carry on with the club.”
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:01 pm

No issue with toure staying, he provides a good back up. And for cup games if we need to rest the starting cb's we could do so...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:07 am

maguskwt » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:01 pm wrote:No issue with toure staying, he provides a good back up. And for cup games if we need to rest the starting cb's we could do so...

I also don't mind him staying but to be honest I don't want a 33 year-old that will leave next season to take game-time that could be given to players such as Agger (who looks less and less likely to leave), Sakho and even Coates (while Skrtel and Lovren will be our starters I presume). I think it's best for all parties that he leaves.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:08 am

cardiff-red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:37 am wrote:
“Trabzonspor are interested in me, but I have expressed my pleasure at being a Liverpool player.

“Yes, it is always a possibility to join a lower league for more playing time, but I am a competitor and I decided to stay at Liverpool. However, the situation can change at any time, but for the moment I am at Liverpool and I want to carry on with the club.”

Translation

"I'm not interested in going to the ***** end of Turkey, it''s closer to Iran than England FFS !, I'm 33 I'd rather stay in England watch loads of sport on sky, pick up my weekly wedge and maybe play the odd game here and there. This might change if QPR, West Ham or even a club in the MLS make a bid for me"

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:12 am

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:08 am wrote:
cardiff-red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:37 am wrote:

Translation

"I'm not interested in going to the ***** end of Turkey, it''s closer to Iran than England FFS !, I'm 33 I'd rather stay in England watch loads of sport on sky, pick up my weekly wedge and maybe play the odd game here and there. This might change if QPR, West Ham or even a club in the MLS make a bid for me"

:D

pmsl, in tears here  :grinning:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion