Kezman

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redman25 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:45 am

Does anybody know anything about this lad? If this is true and cisse is a done deal I think we can say Owen might be leaving

PSV Eindhoven ace Mateja Kezman has claimed that Liverpool are keen on bringing him to Anfield in the summer.
The 25-year-old is set to leave PSV in the summer as he seeks a new challenge after four years in Holland.

Kezman has been linked with a move to England for the last few months with Fulham and Birmingham both believed to be interested in the striker.

The Serbian international now claims that Liverpool are interested in signing him and Kezman admits he is flattered at their interest.

"Liverpool are back in the race, that's true. It is a marvellous club with a great history. It would be great to join that club," Kezman told De Telegraaf.

News of Liverpool's reported interest in Kezman comes as something of a surprise as they have already lined up a deal for Auxerre's Djibril Cisse in the summer.
:(  :(
redman25

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:59 am

redman25 wrote:Does anybody know anything about this lad? If this is true and cisse is a done deal I think we can say Owen might be leaving

PSV Eindhoven ace Mateja Kezman has claimed that Liverpool are keen on bringing him to Anfield in the summer.
The 25-year-old is set to leave PSV in the summer as he seeks a new challenge after four years in Holland.

Kezman has been linked with a move to England for the last few months with Fulham and Birmingham both believed to be interested in the striker.

The Serbian international now claims that Liverpool are interested in signing him and Kezman admits he is flattered at their interest.

"Liverpool are back in the race, that's true. It is a marvellous club with a great history. It would be great to join that club," Kezman told De Telegraaf.

News of Liverpool's reported interest in Kezman comes as something of a surprise as they have already lined up a deal for Auxerre's Djibril Cisse in the summer.
:(  :(

Oh well if this Kezman guy claims to be going to Liverpool then Michael MUST be leaving. (sarcasm)

f##k off you idiot.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redman25 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:25 pm

leon who the f##k you telling to f##k off eh lad, you wanna learn some manners your bang out of line!!!!
redman25

Postby sammy lee's handbag » Mon May 03, 2004 12:31 pm

have been rumours for a while (obviously resurrected) so tried to watch him against the Toon in the Waffer Cup. Looked okay, but surely Alan Smith would be cheaper and proven in the premiership. I also liked the look of Drogba better than Kezman - has that arrogance that works for some strikers. Kezman's just got facial topiary
sammy lee's handbag

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon May 03, 2004 12:41 pm

Kezman isnt good enough! If he was then the top teams would be after him, they are not and the likes of birmingham, villa, boro and spurs are. That pretty much sums up his quality
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:54 pm

Ant thats boll##ks lad.

The top teams don't always get and spot the top players.

He's the top scorer in holland scoring more than a goal a game.

I can't see it though.

Sammy lee... what has Smith proved apart from he he's had more sending offs in his career than goals in anyone of his seasons so far?
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:57 pm

redman25 wrote:leon who the f##k you telling to f##k off eh lad, you wanna learn some manners your bang out of line!!!!

You need to learn not to beleive what is printed in newspapers, dick head.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon May 03, 2004 5:26 pm

What the heck id going on here, if the Cisse deal is confirmed, why is Liverpool so interested in him?!
Well you know what that means.. good bye Owen :(

NOT THAT I'AM JUMPING TO ANY CONCLUSIONS BUT I DEFINITELY CAN'T PICTURE THIS ONE HAPPENING  :;):
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 03, 2004 5:29 pm

For f##ks sake, do any of you people live on planet earth? You read a paper and take what it says as the gospel truth. Get a f##king grip, Owen will sign a one year extension to his current deal and if things get better he will extend the deal next season.

Just 'cus its in a newspaper (and I use that term loosely for the NOTW) doesnt mean its true. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story. . . .
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon May 03, 2004 6:52 pm

Leon do i detect a hang over here fella.

Or was there columbian marching powder on the scene.

Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Mon May 03, 2004 6:54 pm

And Kezman was seen bye my mates dads cousins best mates brothers son today walking out off melwood so there.  He must be coming Leon. orite
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon May 03, 2004 7:53 pm

Kezman is a class striker and scores plenty of goals. I dont know why people say he is s##t (probably because they ave never seen him play and just talk s##t).
I would take him over Drogba or Smith any day...maybe even Cisse (who I think is class also).

Its probably just rumours but he would be a great signing for LFC.

He will leave PSV and if he had a choice between say Birmingham , Fulham , Spurs or Liverpool I thimnk he would chose Liverpool ... Newcastle are also interested in him........

Also remember that PSV produce world class strikers........
maybe Kezman is another one of those....

I dont like him at all really (I have my reasons) but I do respect him as a player.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Mon May 03, 2004 8:53 pm

Its on many websites but it's still too early to get exited tho.
from soccernet and on shanklygates.co.uk, a reputable website.

soccernet version:
PSV Eindhoven striker Mateja Kezman claims that Liverpool are among the clubs queuing up to sign him. Earlier this season, Birmingham and Fulham showed an interest in the forward, with Birmingham making PSV an offer for the Serbo-Montenegrin international but they could not reach an agreement with the Eindhoven outfit. 'Liverpool are back in the race, that's true. It is a marvellous club with a great history. It would be great to join that club,' Kezman revealed.

shanklygates version:
PSV Eindhoven striker Mateja Kezman claims that Liverpool are interested in signing him this summer. Kezman will quit the Dutch outfit at the end of the season with the Premiership his most likely destination.

The 25-year-old has recently been linked with Arsenal and Newcastle, but the player yesterday told a Dutch newspaper that Liverpool are interested in securing his services and admits that he would be interested in a move to Anfield.

"Liverpool are back in the race, that's true. It is a marvellous club with a great history. It would be great to join that club," said Kezman.

The news of Liverpool's supposed interest in the player is something of a surprise considering that a deal to sign Auxerre forward Djibril Cisse is all but completed.

If reports are to believed then Emile Heskey is facing up to the prospect of being offloaded in the summer, with Birmingham City and Middlesbrough  said to be interested.

But even if Heskey did depart and Kezman and Cisse arrived, the Reds would still be top-heavy and another forward would probably be sold.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby swiss_kopite » Tue May 04, 2004 11:17 am

DrLiverpool wrote:Kezman is a class striker and scores plenty of goals.

kezman scores a lot, ok, but in which league? personally, i don't rate the dutch league that high! there are some quite good teams (like PSV, ajax, feyenoord) but most of the rest is pretty bad (it's almost the same as in scotland...) . imo his performance in european challenges weren't that good (even though he scored), so i don't think he's a world class striker!
swiss_kopite

Postby JBG » Tue May 04, 2004 11:43 am

Kezman is a decent striker both in Holland and on the international stage with Serbia. The Dutch league is a good league for preparing players for the step up to Italy, England and Spain.

Look at Hyppia, RVN, Overmars, Davids, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Stam.......the list is endless.

However, the Kezman story is newspaper talk and we'll be connected to about another forty strikers in the "silly season".

Newspapers, particularly tabloids, talk absolute sh##e and 99% of the time they are wrong.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion