Kezman

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 04, 2004 11:47 am

JBG is dead right, I thnk I read on lfc.tv that in the treble season we were linked with 150 players, yes 150 in case you thought you read it wrong :) . So most of these stories are either boll##ks or exaggerated completely, like Kezman probably said I would like to play in England for LFC or Birmingham etc...., and the papers come out and say Liverpool targeting Kezman.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 04, 2004 12:01 pm

Kezman would be a good signing but i dont think it's a realistic possibility considering the cisse deal is apparently done and dusted. Buying both of them would be to expensive so i dont see that happening either.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue May 04, 2004 1:14 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Ant thats boll##ks lad.

The top teams don't always get and spot the top players.

He's the top scorer in holland scoring more than a goal a game.

I can't see it though.

Sammy lee... what has Smith proved apart from he he's had more sending offs in his career than goals in anyone of his seasons so far?

plus we might not necessarily attract the top players and there are only so many players each "top club" can have.

I'd have Kezman over Cisse anyday, especially in light of the cr@p we have brought in from France in recent years

Smith has more yellows than Premiership goals and has decided his loyalty to Leeds stretches to the end of the season - neither are attributes I'd want us signing. I personally think Smith is full of sh1t to say all he has this season and then turn round once the fat lady has started singing and decide he is "not a division 1 player" and needs to enhance his chances of playing for England
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 04, 2004 1:26 pm

Houllier has stated that he definately wants 4 strikers next season. Pongolle and Le Tallec are reportedly going on loan to Auxerre for a season, and Heskey is set to go to Birmingham or Middlesbrough.

That would leave us with Owen, Cisse and Baros, so there would be 1 opening. We have been linked with Kezman and Smith.

Smith is not that good, we might aswell keep Heskey if that is the direction we wish to go in. Kezman is a good striker, and I beleive he could make the grade in the Premership. But if we had Owen, Cisse, Baros and Kezman, then two would have to be left out if all are fit, and I don't think any of these will sit on the bench for too long before getting upset.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pooley7 » Tue May 04, 2004 1:29 pm

is cisse definately signing or signed ?

kezman looked good against us (toon), but thats the only 2 times ive seen him play, he looks good technically, is always looking for space, tries hard and from what ive seen is a confident finisher.

i would love him to play for us
"and you'll never get a job, you'll never get a job, sign on, sign on, with hope in your heart that you'll never get a job ,
you'll never get a job "
pooley7

Postby stmichael » Tue May 04, 2004 1:33 pm

kezman would be great for newcastle but i don't think we need him. he's too similar to owen and baros for a start.

lets face it. the guy is in a different league to the likes of ballamy and ameobi when it comes to goalscoring.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue May 04, 2004 2:07 pm

Owzat wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Ant thats boll##ks lad.

The top teams don't always get and spot the top players.

He's the top scorer in holland scoring more than a goal a game.

I can't see it though.

Sammy lee... what has Smith proved apart from he he's had more sending offs in his career than goals in anyone of his seasons so far?

plus we might not necessarily attract the top players and there are only so many players each "top club" can have.

I'd have Kezman over Cisse anyday, especially in light of the cr@p we have brought in from France in recent years

Smith has more yellows than Premiership goals and has decided his loyalty to Leeds stretches to the end of the season - neither are attributes I'd want us signing. I personally think Smith is full of sh1t to say all he has this season and then turn round once the fat lady has started singing and decide he is "not a division 1 player" and needs to enhance his chances of playing for England

I know where you are all coming from here guys, IMO hes not worth the figures quoted. Kezman that is.

I do feel Owzat I must pick you up on your point. Is this disloyalty from Smith, or he simply an ambitious footballer who wants to win trophies and play International football. I would personally take hard working, heart on the sleeve, ambitious and talented young english players rather than lazy, clueless, going nowhere, foreign players we seem to be stifled with at the moment at this club.

Again no offence intended Owzat, I just disagree with your point. If you think I am a t#s#er then tell me.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 04, 2004 2:10 pm

there is no such thing as loyalty in football these days. players are all out for themselves and who can blame them?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby swiss_kopite » Tue May 04, 2004 2:49 pm

sad but true ...
swiss_kopite

Postby stmichael » Tue May 04, 2004 5:04 pm

one numpty on another messageboard was claiming that kezman is better than owen. that is complete garbage in my opinion. if cisse is arriving we don't need anyone else, with baros, sinama there aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Tue May 04, 2004 9:50 pm

I don't think Kezman is goin to sign, like Leon says don't believe all you read, especially when Cisse is coming in the summer.

Personally I think we should Van Der Varrt would be a better option cos we could play him on the right, just behind or in the centre, we need to replace Diouf on the right rather than another goal scorer cos Owen will sign.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 04, 2004 9:52 pm

people who think we can afford van der vaart are kidding themselves. he'll either go to manure or barcelona, hopefully the latter.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adayinthelife » Tue May 04, 2004 11:24 pm

Van Der Vaart is exactly the player we should be going after and if the reports of 30m to spend in the summer are accurate then we have enough to get him.
As far as I can see not alot of clubs have much cash to spend in the summer except chelsea and the scum.
Chelsea IMO will be after ready made world stars in the summer i.e.Ronaldo,Ronaldinho,Beckham,Trezeguet,Totti and the likes.
That would mean we would be up against the scum for the likes of VDV,Jaoquin and Nesta.
With 30m plus another 10 or 15m for the dead wood like biscan,heskey,diao,diouf,smicer and hamann if we wanna move forward we could compete for these 3 who IMO would turn us into title challengers.
If we make 4th place there is no reason these players would not want to play for us.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion