I thought didi had signed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:12 am

Dunno if these quotes are from before Didi signed? also I didn't know Van Der Vaart had gone to Hamburg, not exactly a step up in the world moving from Ajax to Hamburg ???

From Sky Sports:

Hamburg are still hoping to convince Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann to return to Germany.

Hamann is musing over his future, with his Anfield contract due to expire at the end of June.

He has held talks with Bolton Wanderers about staying in The Premiership and with Hamburg concerning a move back to his homeland.

The Germany international had been widely expected to quit Liverpool on a free transfer but, following the club's UEFA Champions League success last week, is now having a rethink.

The 31-year-old has conceded that he could sign a new deal with Rafa Benitez's troops following his impressive showing in the final against Milan.

Hamann's apparent U-turn has not deterred Hamburg from maintaining their interest although they acknowledge they may not be able to offer the anchor man the deal he covets.

"We haven't yet finished our activities in the transfer market," Hamburg sporting director Dietmar Beiersdorfer told the club's official website, following the capture of Rafael van der Vaart from Ajax.

"I think that two players, at least, will still come into our squad. Our squad was relatively small last season.

"I have spoken with Didi Hamann, that is correct. I could well imagine him playing with HSV.

"But several English clubs have offered him a three-year deal and we would not be able to offer so long a contract.

"We will have to wait and see how things develop over the next few days."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:23 am

Yeah i wondering about validity of this article. If true and there are clubs willing to offer him a 3 year deal well thats lot of security for a player of his age
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:40 am

I thought Liverpool were offering him a 1 year extension, but, with these reports, they might have to add a few.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:45 am

I was surprised about Van der vaart going to Hamburg, was sure he'd go to a bigger club. As for Hamman I have heard that he will be offered two years by us and that would be great I think, he's a valuable member of our squad
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion