Didi follows gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm

The_Rock wrote:We have in my view 3 of the best central midfielders in the world.

Gerrard - Best all-round midfielder in the world
Alonso - Best passer in the world
Hamann - Best Anchor man in the world.

With Hamman as the Anchor, it allows us to unleash Stevie to push up as an extra forward aka. the Olympiakos game.
When Hamman did not play in the Newcastle game, Stevie looked too deep and almost subdued.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthernScouser » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:06 am

The stats speak for themselves
We've won more games on a ratio of when he's been playing against that of when he's been injured and you look at our record
he's one of the best players in the world at the position he plays
ganted - when your going for all out attack or chasing a game - you normally see him substituted
but he still likes the occasional jaunt forward - and chips in with the odd goal - admittedly - he does get a nose bleed when he goes across the half way line these days
but against Arsenal, Chelsea, Scum U - he's a match winner with the work he does
One of the most under rated players we've ever had - never gets the credit he deserves
SouthernScouser

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:36 pm

Well not entirely true, most of the people whove posted here give him the credit he is due but you are right far too often he is underrated often over looked when it comes to praise.  Without him we'd have been up ****** creek with no loo brush several times already this season
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby gabbyh » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:27 pm

He may be slow, but he is SO tactically aware. He compliments SG. Didi is a defensive midfielder, great on the tackle and reading the game. SG is an attacking midfielder, great on the passes, when he can control them.
gabbyh

Postby JC_81 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:53 pm

Definitely not the best midfield anchor man in the world, get a grip.

He's been good for us though and is worth a place in the squad, it would be good if he signs for a couple more years
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:02 pm

I find it strange that Hamma says he wants to sign a new contract especially when he can start talking to new clubs next week same with Smicer and Henchoz :glare:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:12 pm

Why would you find it strange for him to sign a new contract? Benitez wants him to stay and he wants to stay so what is so strange about that? Paranoia....
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:16 pm

This could of bein done weeks/months ago and now with one week till the january transfer windows opens he says he wants to stay when just a while ago he said he wants to go to Bayern muinch. I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is already talking to new clubs.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:38 pm

When did he say he wanted to go to Bayern Munich? How many times have his words been taken out of context?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:55 pm

I don't now if he said he wants to return to Bayern munich directly but he was linked with them at the end of the last season and said he wants to return to Germany. I don't know if things have changed since Benitzes comes but there's weeks and months where the club and his agent could of disscued a contract extension but he comes out with it with a week left to he can speaks to clubs and sign a pre-contract.
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:00 pm

Didi has been linked with German clubs for years, it's nothing new.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:40 am

No but he said when he leaves us he wants to return to germany and i belive he will sign a pre-contract agreemeant with another club in january.
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:32 am

He has family in Germany and it is difficult for him to be seperated from them but he isn't leaving. This was the story last year and nothing happened.

According to your theory he will leave because he made a statement a week before the January window well if thats the case then Gerrard will leave as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:41 am

Great news indeed, a fine player who is obviously very underrated in some quarters
Good to see many who recognise his talents
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:32 pm

the squad just wouldn't be the same without didi. and who else could do his job? diao?? no way!

he's the only player we have in that mould and his importance cannot be overstated. he rarely sticks out in games - its not his style of play - but we're so much better with him covering the back four.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion