How is igor biscan still getting picked

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALANWHITE » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:06 pm

I can not believe that Igor Biscan is being picked by the new manager. To me he has never been a player worthy of wearing the Liverpool FC shirt. Does anyone think he is good enough to play for us?
ALANWHITE

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:10 pm

i believe he impressed rafa in pre-season but the epl is a different kettle of fish and he isn't able for it imo. he'll be dropped soon
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:17 pm

Because nobody wants to buy him
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:33 pm

taff wrote:Because nobody wants to buy him

That sums it up, taff.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:49 pm

Maybe the F.A should force Arsenal to buy and field Biscan, Troare and Diao for the next 20 games, so the rest of the league can catch up :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:59 pm

Looks like biscan will be playing tomorrow by this who are the 3 fringe players :(
We cant mess this one up atall play our first team first half then see what happens  ???

The challenge has been thrown down to Liverpool's stars to restore the Anfield club to a place among Europe's elite and to prove they can be part of Rafael Benitez's revolution.

Liverpool, who lead 2-0 after the first leg on August 10, should be too strong for the Austrian champions Graz AK in the Champions League third qualifying round second leg at Anfield.

A place in the lucrative group stages of the competition is certainly within the grasp of the once mighty Merseysiders - and this is one more step along the road to Benitez's rebirth of the club.

Tuesday night could be the last for some of the old order before the currently unregistered European duo of Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia are able to play for their new employers.

The new Spanish signings will go straight into the side at Bolton in the Barclays Premiership on Sunday, but must sit and watch the men whose shirts they have come to take fight for their futures in Europe.

Defender Sami Hyypia talked of "making sure we take the club back to where it belongs" - but Benitez was more direct as he promised to use some of his fringe players against Graz.

He said: "This game is important for us, for the supporters and the club.

"We know good teams are waiting for us and there is always the money - the players must concentrate on getting this right.

"It is important the players understand we cannot have a bad result.

"Sometimes you give the players the opportunity to show people if they are good enough for the team and you will see two or three different players in this game.

"It is important for them and I am sure they will fight and run enough because they know the supporters and the manager are watching them."

The likes of Dietmar Hamann and Steve Finnan are most threatened initially by the new arrivals, and Benitez is likely to give run-outs to the likes of Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Igor Biscan and Salif Diao.

Locally produced youngsters Stephen Warnock, Darren Potter and Zak Whitbread may also get a taste of the action, before Benitez really begins his revolution.

A successfully arrival in the group stages and the instant £14million that will bring could allow the former Valencia boss to indulge himself in the transfer market again before the window shuts next week.

Back injuries mean Spanish full-back Josemi and current second-choice goalkeeper Chris Kirkland are doubtful for Tuesday's match, while Antonio Nunez is about a month away from adding even more pressure to the old brigade.

Hyypia is one who will survive, and he said: "We want to win, we played well in Austria and won 2-0, but we must not allow ourselves to be complacent.

"I think we are experienced enough not to have such an attitude and as far as we are concerned we start 0-0 and try to make sure we win. We want to win every game anyway.

"Three years ago this club was in the quarter finals of the Champions League and I do not see any reason why we can't do that again, at least.

"The new boys we have signed I know to be very, very good players.

"I have seen them several times and played against them and know they have quality from what I have already seen in training.

"With them added to the side I cannot see why we can't go a long way in the Champions League this season.

"There have already been a lot of changes and every day in training we learn more about how the manager wants us to play - as time goes on we will do better and better.

"It has been a positive start to the season, we are unbeaten and it has gone well.

"Now we must look to the future and try to ensure the season ends the way we all want."

Benitez added: "We have good players, good professionals and a good mentality.

"We must work harder and harder each day to improve and then we will be a better team each week - that is my way.

"The only thing you must do is not to think too much about the individual but only about the work. If you do that you will win more games.

"We must win this match because the fans want us to go to the semi-final, even the final, of the Champions League."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:08 pm

[quote="cisses_gona_get_ya"][/quote]
I rather bring on the fringe players in the 2nd half after we score 3 against Graz. We can never be too sure after wat happended to newcastle last season.

Hope we also do not draw the below teams, once we get into the group stages...

1)Valencia - our jinx team
2)Milan - super strong
3)Barcelona - ronaldino is awsome
4)Arsenal - nuff said.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:32 pm

you's are all wrong about biscan in my opinion.

its so obvious to me that the reason why he was terrible, and always has been, is cos he's NEVER ACTUALLY HAD A RUN OF GAMES IN CENTRE MID. HE'S A F****** CENTRAL MIDFIELDER!!!!.
he's been played right mid, centre half, and a handful at centre mid, at the very beginning, where he looked good.

his confidence duly went over the years being dis-illusioned playin out of position.

i'm not sayin he's a boss player at all, i dotn think there'll be much room for him  yet, but its unfair to criticise someone who's never been given a fair crack of the whip. i'm not sayin we have to play instead of gerrard or hamann or whoever, just to see if he is good. but he is an unknown quantity, it wasnt surprising seeing benitez go on about him after pre-season. when he joined he looked handy, had some good qualities, which have never been nurtured under houllier
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:41 pm

I agree. Biscan will never be Steven Gerrard but he does have some qualities. I remember being quite impressed with the lad when first came to the club despite a couple of rash challenges to get himself sent off. He has never lived up to his price tag but any idiot could see he was never a CB so he is a little unlucky to have become the butt of so many LFC supporter jokes during last season.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:11 pm

wooohooooooooooo!!!!

sum1 else who actually sees abit of sense about the biscan debate. well in scottbott.

all i cud think of towards the end of last season was biscan reading sites like this and being gutted. it was pure harsh man!!!!
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:30 pm

Always thought there was untapped potential myself but he's nowhere the complete article.

Never as bad as people make out...

Good enough for Liverpool though? mmm i doubt it.
115-1073096938

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:33 pm

He should have scored with his left foot in the last minute of the Manchester City game. 

I was in the Row 2 of the Kop not far from the goal, I know I shouldn't have laughed but........
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:35 pm

The effort was there.  I wanted him to score more than anyone.  Imagine the applause he would have got!!??
jonnymac1979

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:35 pm

We all laughed...

Lets face it, theres only Biscan who can do that. :D
115-1073096938

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:38 pm

I just can't make my mind up about Biscan, sometime he looks half decent and other times he looks a complete muppet, one thing is for sure, he always looks half asleep and confused :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion