How do we go about replacing Ian Ayre?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:18 am

:veryangry

His time is up.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:44 am

Call the plane over there and tell the pilot to leave without him. Hopefully Ayre will get lost in the protests that are currently going on in Ukraine and we'll never hear from him again.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:56 am

I was thinking something a bit more dramatic....

killerp

Postby C-R » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:01 am

Not an Ian Ayre fan in the slightest and would like him replaced, however seems the deal for the Ukranian was out of his hands as their president refused point blank to sign the completed paper work

On the other hand why are we leaving this kind of business to the very last day of the window ffs, we had all month

Ayre out  :censored:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:05 am

I am not even blaming Ian Ayre I think he is being made a scapegoat to take the flack off the owners, they are sending him to do deals that are not going to happen no matter what !!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:05 am

I've said so many times it sounds like a broken record already. FSG are not going to heavily fund BR on the players he wants. Our scouting system is doing a decent job in looking for quality players but because FSG are such misers, we end up indirectly scouting for our rivals. If they're going to continue with their stubborness, there is no future for Liverpool. The whole thing will repeat itself in the summer. We'll scout and try to get players and get ourselves outbid by the richer clubs right under our noses and we'll end up buying more Borinis, Aspases, Albertos, Assaidis and will go down to mid table mediocrity. As soon as they sell up to a more generous owner, I don't see any progress for Liverpool. Look, this season has been our best chance to finish top four since 2008/09, and FSG blew up the whole thing. Our squad has quality players but no depth, it's depth I am concerned about. A few more injuries and we're f#####!!! My message to Henry and Werner is, GET THE F### OUT OF THE CLUB, YOU GUYS CLEARLY LACK AMBITION AND LS WILL LEAVE IN THE SUMMER BECAUSE OF YOU!!!

Something else about our scouting process that I don't understand. As far as I can see, Salah and Konoplyanka have similar qualities. They were not prepared to pay the 11M for Salah but prepared to pay 16M for the Ukrianian. And why the f### were they so slow in trying to get Salah in the first place?
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 am

These are the guys that bought and  kept Suarez at Liverpool against some ridiculous odds. They sold Torres to Chelsea for £50m when he was a shadow of his former self. They bought Sturridge and Courtinho for peanuts. They have negotiated a string of impressive commercial deals. The club is in a better position financially than it has been in a long time. Ok so we have a few disappoiments in the agent infested transfer market and that naturally causes frustration but to be attacking Ayres and the owners with such vitriol is just the typical sort of unsavoury reaction I would expect from some supporters.

We are 4th in the league and not that far off the top ffs. Don't some of you actually think that the people at the top deserve some credit for that achievement.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:20 am

JUST SO WRONG

JUST SO RIGHT

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Red Focus » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:.  I don't see any progress for Liverpool. Look, this season has been our best chance to finish top four since 2008/09, and FSG blew up the whole thing. ?

Err you don't see any progress and yet in same breath you acknowledge we are challenging for top four  for first time in five years, bit of a contradiction. Also  has FSG blown up the whole thing, the season isn't over yet

While im little disappointed in mid season transfer market like Devaney im bemused by level of vitriol by some fans towards owners

Some people seem to have very short memories

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:23 pm

devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 am wrote:These are the guys that bought and  kept Suarez at Liverpool against some ridiculous odds. They sold Torres to Chelsea for £50m when he was a shadow of his former self. They bought Sturridge and Courtinho for peanuts. They have negotiated a string of impressive commercial deals. The club is in a better position financially than it has been in a long time. Ok so we have a few disappoiments in the agent infested transfer market and that naturally causes frustration but to be attacking Ayres and the owners with such vitriol is just the typical sort of unsavoury reaction I would expect from some supporters.

We are 4th in the league and not that far off the top ffs. Don't some of you actually think that the people at the top deserve some credit for that achievement.

F*cking hell, some sense at last... and spoken by you of all people... :D

I do find it incredible that people are having a pop at these figures like they know exactly their jobs, what happens behind the scene's etc, the reality is these guys aren't players who's performances you can see, you're judging them based on what exactly?

The Ukranian player we were after fell through last minute due to the owner of his club being a bit of a nutjob apparently.

The only real critisism I have is the time the deal's were attempted. All business should be done as early as possible for me, IE our summer transfers should be identified and negotiations started now. So you can get everything done, dusted or at least in place to allow you to plan as far ahead as possible. Our January targets should have been signed sealed and delivered on the 2nd of January.

Apart from that, I've not really any MAJOR concerns with the board.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:42 pm

I can be nothing but thankful to our current owners for saving us from the mess we were in, but I can't understand how they can be so stingy and unwilling to spend money when achieving our goal for this season looks so close. I also believe that Rodgers has proven that he can make a good team so I don't get it why won't they back him up. I guess I'd forgive them if we still achieve a top 4 finish and spend big in the summer, but this is not the sort of gambling that they should be doing. I mean, what if we miss out again? We'll lose everything and we'll be back to square one.

As for Ayre, I always disliked the clown. I don't care if he's responsible for the Konoplyanka deal or not, he needs shipping out regardless. We need to bring in someone who has a bit of a understanding in football, not just a business man.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:01 pm

The only criticism I can aim at Ayre  is that he's a f*cking subservient stooge that makes Purslow's licking of Hodgson's brown button seem moderate in
comparison .I mean this spineless little cretin is apparently content to walk around like Emu with John Henrys fist up his rip,as long as he can ride around
Liverpool on his fucking Harley D.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:01 am

Stu the Red » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:23 pm wrote:

I do find it incredible that people are having a pop at these figures like they know exactly their jobs, what happens behind the scene's etc, the reality is these guys aren't players who's performances you can see, you're judging them based on what exactly?

The Ukranian player we were after fell through last minute due to the owner of his club being a bit of a nutjob apparently.

The only real critisism I have is the time the deal's were attempted. All business should be done as early as possible for me, IE our summer transfers should be identified and negotiations started now. So you can get everything done, dusted or at least in place to allow you to plan as far ahead as possible. Our January targets should have been signed sealed and delivered on the 2nd of January.

You ask 
you're judging them based on what exactly?

but then you more or less supply the answer yourself
The only real critisism I have is the time the deal's were attempted. All business should be done as early as possible

Which ever way we look at it the truth is that once again we faffed around for two months in the run up to the January window, unable or just unwilling to meet the terms our "targets" were asking for and nail down the much heralded "Major Signing". We then found ourselves running around in the last 24 hours desperately waving a significantly increased wad of cash at prospective sellers and not for the first time fell flat on our face.

Personally I'm "having a pop" at all those involved in the procurement of new signings as despite the fact that they had months to identify, approach, negotiate and get signings sealed within days of the transfer window opening they all FAILED, miserably.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:40 am

Agreed woof :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:44 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:01 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:23 pm wrote:

You ask 
you're judging them based on what exactly?

but then you more or less supply the answer yourself
The only real critisism I have is the time the deal's were attempted. All business should be done as early as possible

Which ever way we look at it the truth is that once again we faffed around for two months in the run up to the January window, unable or just unwilling to meet the terms our "targets" were asking for and nail down the much heralded "Major Signing". We then found ourselves running around in the last 24 hours desperately waving a significantly increased wad of cash at prospective sellers and not for the first time fell flat on our face.

Personally I'm "having a pop" at all those involved in the procurement of new signings as despite the fact that they had months to identify, approach, negotiate and get signings sealed within days of the transfer window opening they all FAILED, miserably.

So Woof you like the rest of us are naturally upset but what is the answer because I'm fkd if I know. It is all very well Salah's agent moaning that we dragged our feet. Was that the full story? I suspect not. Players with massive potential are going to almost forced to hold out for the best financial opportunity. Why do you think it took him five minutes to sign when Chelsea showed an interest? The deal for him and his agents would probably have been significantly better. It is not always simply about the price of the player.

Unfortunately from a geographical aspect alone Liverpool will always struggle to compete with London wether we like it or not. Frankly I'd rather live in fkg Iraq (sorry London supporters but you probably think the same about Liverpool  :) ) but then I'm not a twenty something seeking glamour and the bright lights! Financially Liverpool FC also have a problem competing with some of the ridiculously rich clubs in Europe. Let's face it we haven't lost quality players to inferior clubs.The transfer agent infested market is becoming increasingly difficult. Just how many agents did Konoplyanka have for example? The bigger clubs sign players in days or even hours because of what they can offer. Wether we like it or not we are not in that position so the likelihood of another club stepping in at the last minute is always going to be a possibility. What are you supposed to do for example when a players agents can't even persuade a billionaire owner to sign the release documents? Perhaps somebody on here can answer that one.

I haven't even mentioned the fact that we can't at the moment offer CL football. It is high time some people face reality instead of behaving like spoilt brats the minute some things don't go in our favour. Just who is complaining at the moment that Spurs nicked Solado from us at the last minute. The answer is absolutely fkg nobody and I wonder why. Oh maybe it's because he has been distinctly average and that's being kind!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Next