Heskey has potential
10%
Heskey doing ok
5%
Heskey is rubbish
24%

Total votes : 21

Postby big al » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:45 pm

I had the opportunity to meet Emile Heskey when he was a young 16 year old apprentice at Leicester.  He even made me my tea.  At that time he was the talk of the place but I can remember D**e N**h the then youth coach talking about Emile needing an arm around his shoulder and being man managed.  The manager at the time an absolute plonker who I'm sure you'll all remember moved too Wolves and struggled there, he was'nt exactly tactful or considerate.  His idea of man management was where to F**K is my tea son, you Lazy B*****D.
Anyway Emile was and by all accounts is a pleasant young man.  The came Martin O'neill, he on the other hand was a different kettle of fish he got the very best out of Heskey.

The players at Leicester at the time all knew that Heskey was a potential super star, If he could only use his ability more productively, Spend less time on his ***** and actually be more bullish and less clumsy.  Heskey is too honest a player and that's his problem.  He would do well with a spell playing alongside Duncan Ferguson because I believe that Heskey has so much untapped potential. My concern is that the french school teacher can't get him to be more expressive. Why?
Man management.  Houlier never kicked a ball in earnest in his life, he can talk a good game but only football players can even begin to understand whats racing through Heskey's head at the moment. You need to be able to understand exactly what player are saying.  Theory is one thing reality something totally different.  (Maybe Houleir was good for liverpool Early on because he brought the theory that Roy Evans lacked.) Anyway I personally think that Heskey is being scapegoated for Houliers weakness'es.  Houlier  points out Emiles bad games, and bad points but the ***** won't even acknowledge when he himself is wrong or has made mistakes.

My message to fans is simple get off Heskey's back and climb on Houliers it's he that has bought promising players and turned them into sh##e.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Foolsy's lad » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:22 pm

Heskey bugs me 99% of the time, but I have to say hes never usually played as an out and out striker whose only job is to get goals. When he is he usually comes up with the goods. Maybe I have been a bit harsh on him in the past. Remember when we beat the a#se 4-0 and he sent Keown for pies or when he done the Bayern defence in the super cup. The man promises so much but delivers so little but I do believe that Kermits tactics and selection are sh##e.
I know lets buy a left winger and play him on the right(Kewell, early season), or a sh##e midfielder and play him at centre half(Pisscan), or an attacking centre mid and play him on the wings(smicer), or a star of the world cup in midfield and not know where to play him(Diao), and I could carry on but I wouldnt want to tell you what you already know. GH has lost the fans and the sooner he goes the better. Get O'Neill in.
Just a thought, Heskey as new centre half(strong, pace, knows strikers positioning, just luck a Dion Dublin) could save us bringing in another good frog for Kermit to ruin.
Foolsy's lad

Postby greenred » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:02 pm

thats a good idea,its so mad it might just work!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:44 am

Heskey is a good player has plenty of potential just not doing it for us and very rarely does so the big question is how many chances or how long more do we wait to see if hes going to produce
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:54 am

heskeys had long enough,but it seems like gh only gets rid of the good uns.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:53 am

HAVE TO AGREE SO MANY PLAYERS GONE AND HES STUCK WITH HESKEY ALL THIS TIME I'D SAY HE CANT SELL HIM OR THE MONEY HE WOULD RECIEVE FOR HIM WOULD BE AN EMBARRASSMENT
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:22 am

He's a hero.when we don't Attent he,he always has good performance.Maybe sometimes he plays not well.
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby Owzat » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:37 am

Selling Heskey would mean Kermit admitting he was wrong. Even when Heskey was in top form he didn't produce much and he has produced little since. There are worse strikers in the Premiership but not many
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:31 pm

he do ok as wood louse  heeeeeeeeeeeee
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:35 pm

Heskey has potential, no doubt about it as a few performances have shown, but he lacks the killer instinct and he is too inconsistent
116-1065305004

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:42 pm

Yes he has the ability to do well, but that is not enough, you have to have enough intelligence to use the ability productively, he had enough chances to prove him self, one good spell is not enough return.  Playing at the top level requires a certain degree of intellgence, I'm sorry but Heskey hasen't got it, "nice lads" don't win you football matches.  And the old excuse about him doing the donkey work is boll##ks.

But I don't think Houllier is willing to admit he got it wrong. I would have so much more respect for him if he cut his loses with Heskey, and preserved what dignity he has left.  Looks at Ferguson he lost 14Mil on Veron, at least he could admit he got it wrong and move on. Heskey is holding the whole club back and he needs to leave.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:07 pm

big al wrote:I had the opportunity to meet Emile Heskey when he was a young 16 year old apprentice at Leicester.  He even made me my tea.  At that time he was the talk of the place but I can remember D**e N**h the then youth coach talking about Emile needing an arm around his shoulder and being man managed.  The manager at the time an absolute plonker who I'm sure you'll all remember moved too Wolves and struggled there, he was'nt exactly tactful or considerate.  His idea of man management was where to F**K is my tea son, you Lazy B*****D.

what you trying to say ??
he was sh##e at makin tea aswell?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby big al » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:51 pm

No Cheesey his tea was nice.  However I been told that Mr Houlier agrees with me. That Heskey needs an arm around his shoulder.  I don't want to spoil the vote but If Houlier agrees then I must have been talking sh##e.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby haps » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:15 pm

Some good points been made by Big Al.  Thing is, Heskey is a frustrating player because he does things like the goal against Birmingham.  Thats what keeps any kind of debate going.  Apart from that, he's had a shocking return of goals for a striker and spends way too much time on his a#se.  Remember when he went 30 odd games without a goal.  I mean, 30!!! He's had alot of chances.  He's had alot of faith put in him.  He's been encouraged and stood-by to the hilt.  Y'know, I'm not sure that GH hasn't adopted exactly the right approach with Emile but the lad has just not been up to it ... at the end of the day.  What more would you do?  He's had the games, the chances, the "arm around the shoulder".  I don't know the guy personbally but everyone seems to say he's a real good lad and I'll bet he is.  Sell him to Celtic or Spurs at end of season- take about 6 - 8 mill if possible and move on with someone else.  Business.
haps

Postby Red » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:43 am

he has to be man managed? isnt he a grown up yet?
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion