Here's another pointless scenario. - What if........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:22 am

What if we do lose a couple of our best players, say Masherano and Alonso, and we are left in the bizarre situation of having plenty of wonga in the bank, but pretty much nobody to buy as the clubs ain't selling and Rafa can't find the players he wants?

Would we consider Rafa as being unlucky if the heart is ripped out of the team by players leaving? Would it be a legitimate excuse for a regression in terms of our performances if players simply want to leave, even though he wants to keep them? If we do lose our two central midfielders, is it realistic to expect the manager to buy two new ones and get them to gel instantly, or does it add a couple of years onto the six year plan?

What about the right full back? If Arby does want to bugger off and then we miss out on Johnson, are we unlucky or is it plain lack of forsight? What about Pepe Reina? What if he fecks off, is this Cavalieri bloke any good? if not, was Lakes prophetic in putting up the name of the best English keeper in the league?

If players are getting itchy feet, are we best off cashing in while the going is good, or should we dig our heels in and refuse to budge, "you've signed a contract and your fecking staying etc etc".

If players do hanker after warmer climbs, is it Rafa's fault or is it feck all to do with him? If it is his fault, is the fault in buying too many players who most likely will want to feck off to Spain at some point, or is it because he doesn't give it the old arm around the shoulder routine? Or is all that just b0ll0cks, and he's actually a victim of his own success as he's got some good players and other clubs simply want to buy good players?

Should we let the protracted saga's with both Xabi and Mash drag on? Should we force the issue and tell them to make their minds up one way or the other?

More than one scenario to consider, but what do you reckon?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:27 am

I know its too early....for me :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:28 am

I guess I should put my opinion up. I think we should force the issue with Masherano and Alonso. Give em two weeks, they either come out 100% and say they want to stay or we listen to offers. None of this "agent was quoted as saying" and all that old b0ll0cks, we can't afford to be left high and dry three weeks before the new season starts. Similarly with Johnson. Supposedly he gave Rafa his word he'd sign, so lets get him on the phne and find out where he's at. Any "well to be honest I'm not absolutely sure what I'm going to do at the moment" should be met with "well give us a ring in the morning lad one way or the other, no fecking about".

I don't think it's rafa's fault that players want to feck off if indeed they do. I do think though that he could be a bit more "human", and I do think the Alonso carry on last Summer was not a good look.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:33 am

Mascherano and his agent are just after a pay rise, thats as plain as the nose on your face, his agent is leaking these stories no one else. To put fear into us and LFC to offer him a bigger wedge or he is off.

What do you do? Offer him an increased package to add to his probable 80-90 grand a week, then you end up with most of the team doing the same, if he gets what he wants.

Other players agents will start dropping bombs all over the shop linking our players away with moves to other clubs, we have seen it with Yossi already wanting more money.

Do you give in or say well if you dont like it bugger off?

Im not worried about Pepe, Valdes has agreed a deal and is staying, that was Barca causing mischief.

I also have to question is someone else causing mischief this summer? Not mentioning names but it seems very strange to me that the whole of our team is being linked with a move away after the best season we have ever had.

Something smells fishy to me. And that fish smell is coming from down the east lancs road.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:34 am

Liverpool have never been a selling club but with these two t0ssers in charge I am less confident of this.
With all of the money sloshing around the top clubs and we seem to be scaping to get money together to buy anyone it must be unsettling for some players, they may wonder if the club is going to have the ambition and funds to compete.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:37 am

its not really adding much to the topic but i think a lot of the top premiership players are beginning to worry about this new 50p tax rate thats coming in. the top earners will get hit hardest and so a lot of them are looking at the possibility of going abroad to avoid the tax or pushing for a big wage hike to minimise their losses. i think there will be a lot more angling from most of the big players at the big clubs over the coming months.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:39 am

Yes, leave the poor £100K a week players alone and hit the middle classes again Brown
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:42 am

andy_g wrote:its not really adding much to the topic but i think a lot of the top premiership players are beginning to worry about this new 50p tax rate thats coming in. the top earners will get hit hardest and so a lot of them are looking at the possibility of going abroad to avoid the tax or pushing for a big wage hike to minimise their losses. i think there will be a lot more angling from most of the big players at the big clubs over the coming months.

You may ell be right Andy. That said, and I obviously aren't talking from experience, but does it make any odds when you are on 80 grand a week?

Feck me that's 4 mill a year, so even if they take 50% off it's 2 million quid a year, plus all the other b0ll0cks they get in boot deals etc.

If it was me, I wouldn't (I don't think anyway) be overly worried about a couple of extra grand here and there.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:43 am

bigmick wrote:Should we let the protracted saga's with both Xabi and Mash drag on?

obviously the answer to that question is 'no'  :D

i thought that the Official LFC Statement of a week or so ago was for exactly that reason: to bring about a reaction from theplayers and/or clubs interested in signing them - it may still have that effect; xabi/reina have been pre-occupied

ultimately the  responsibility for the transfer merry-go-round is the managers', and it his up to him to prepare for the doomsday scenario. If it goes tits up then it's his fault

i don't think this worst case scenario will happen though, as our spine are all on long term contracts so we can make the fees as unpleasant as we want for any of our major players. we may sell   one of our big players, but i think that would be a "no losers" deal where we are abkel to get big money to allow big purchases...
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:45 am

Anyone who wants to leave can fck off as far as im concerned... would be nice to hold on to Alonso and Reina (and i think we will) but if they want to leave then fair enough, pack ur bags and off you go amigo if the right offer comes in...

Dont think anyones causing mischief or any of that conspiracy theory nonsense... we have some good players and we arent winning anything so theres bound to be interest in our big players from big clubs...

Anyways back to the initial question.. if Mascherano and alonso leave, i'm thinking we'll have plenty of cash to spend... bring in a top attacking player and a holding midfielder and our starting 11 should on paper atleast look as good as it does now... Beforre last season ended, i said that it all comes down to how we handle our transfer dealings this summer... still early to judge, but the signs arent all that promising i have to say...
Is it the manager's fault that some players might be considering leaving ? Ill do a Gybs here and answer the question with another one... who fault is it that we havent won anything in the past 3 years ? theres your answer right there
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:53 am

aCe' wrote:Beforre last season ended, i said that it all comes down to how we handle our transfer dealings this summer... still early to judge, but the signs arent all that promising i have to say...

a strange thing to say before the window even opens, especially when one of our problem positions seems close to being "sorted" or at least improved  :laugh:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:03 am

DrPepe wrote:
aCe' wrote:Beforre last season ended, i said that it all comes down to how we handle our transfer dealings this summer... still early to judge, but the signs arent all that promising i have to say...

a strange thing to say before the window even opens, especially when one of our problem positions seems close to being "sorted" or at least improved  :laugh:

if RB is one of our problem position then what would you say about RW or LW ... LB, CB ?!
Twist it any way you like buddy but end of the day, getting Johnson for big money is sure to be a gamble given the fact that our main problem is breaking down smaller sides... Logically you'd be looking at improving the attacking positions (especially if you have players not offering enough in such positions) before even considering fixing something that isnt even broken...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:07 am

If he goes to Cherlsea then fair enough, but I still wish we'd got him. Can you imagine what would be getting said now if Rick Parry was still at the club :D Nice to see that things are completely different now he's gone anyway.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:12 am

bigmick wrote:If he goes to Cherlsea then fair enough, but I still wish we'd got him. Can you imagine what would be getting said now if Rick Parry was still at the club :D Nice to see that things are completely different now he's gone anyway.

:oops:

You'll be getting stick for that ...

Its not Parry fault though.. surely not Rafas... its the owners mate... Fcking sccumbags only willing to fork out 18.5 mill to get Johnson    :angry:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:15 am

aCe' wrote:
bigmick wrote:If he goes to Cherlsea then fair enough, but I still wish we'd got him. Can you imagine what would be getting said now if Rick Parry was still at the club :D Nice to see that things are completely different now he's gone anyway.

:oops:

You'll be getting stick for that ...

Its not Parry fault though.. surely not Rafas... its the owners mate... Fcking sccumbags only willing to fork out 18.5 mill to get Johnson    :angry:

yep let's get  one of the cheaper options from the championship

he'll be just as good... and cheaper too  :Oo:  :idea
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion