Postby Arren » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:22 pm

Gerrard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!easy GERRARD IS THE BEST who agrees
Arren

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:51 pm

me, and that alonso also  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:59 pm

gerrard gets my vote to , No other player can grab the grame by the scruff of the neck and transform an ordinary and embarassing  performance into a match winning one
destro

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:00 pm

how can ppl say alonso hes a class act fair do's but jus as destro said no player can make such a imapct on a team and practically lift a teama s much as gerrard. alonso dosent compare 2 gerrards just yet , every central midfielder playing there best on any given day it still would be gerrard hands down hes got that something extra that cant be learnt natural born leader! u cant doubt lamaprds world class either but theres a little statistic to that says lamprds had the msot shots on goal out of any player last season and that included strikers!! he was averaging something like 4-5 shots a game!
gerrard_steven

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:04 pm

why must we choose who is better! (gerrard by a bit)
surely we can play both. ???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby captainduck » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:35 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:
joependo wrote:
Lampard over Gerrard any day for me.
Are you a phyco or what,but you are a chelsea supporter so you would say that.But Gerrard is just better than any of your players.

98% of supporters will always rate their player higher.

But im not one of those.

I have my reasons and i do actually believe Lampard is a better player than Gerrard.

i dont know if you remember that cl game.. youve probably blocked it out already :rasp  but wasnt it lampard who missed the sitter from 6 yards away.. that would have won it for chelsea! :buttrock
captainduck

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:38 am

Just as Meelan said, and I've said it loads of times - Lampard scored about 4 goals last season that didn't get deflected past the keeper. His shooting is abysmal, his vision is pathetic (too busy looking in the mirror), his influence is negligable and his tackling dire. He's also slower than SG, is thick and has the athletisism of a stuffed donkey.
Be fair Chelsea Forever, that is a true synopsis of Frank Lampard. Scoring one goal for every 15 shots isn't skillful, it's useless.

Regarding the SG Vs Xabi Alonso, I have to say the following;

SG plus points:
Influence - best bar none.

Strength/power - like a weight trained horse. Would knock Keane out with his eye-lid. Shot power is enough to give 'keeper's the sh*ts.

Passing - Astray at times, but generally very good.

Energy - Surely on steroids/Castrol GTX?

Pace - deceptively fast and suprisingly nimble for a big lad.

Heading - See the Champions League Final for an example.

Skill - Brilliant.

Shooting - Shows 'em how it's done. Can hit pearlers from 40 yards, or tap ins. Prolific.
--------------------------
Alonso's strengths.

Passing - Utterly sublime. Is the supreme master of the passing Universe. Even make's SG look amatuer.

Vision - Could spot a trapped nerve in a wasps wing from 800 yards, then fix it with a lofted pass.

Tempo - Dictates a game's tempo like Hitler dictated the Germans.

Skill - Sublime.

Temperament - Has he ever lost his rag? He was the calmest lad on the pitch when Gu(nner dive to stop him playing the second leg)djohnson conned the ref in the CL semi at Shatford Bridge (over troubled water). How many players would have stepped up to take the penalty in the CL final, and having missed it, still been aware enough to score the rebound? - Not many. Fatty Frank would have blubbed like a girly girl. Alonso also calms the team down when needed.

Manner - Never acts like a prima donna, and goes about his business to great effect.
--------------------------------------

So there we have it. Gerrard's got the hustle and bustle, Alonso is the quiet one.

I have to say I prefer Xabi as I like to watch the game being run by a pass master.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:51 am

Good summary Lando
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:13 am

Cheers buddy. Just saying it as I see it!!!

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:16 am

Some of you suggest if we got Gerrard Lampard would be on the bech.

I think you people who suggested that are insane and dont know your football too well.

If Gerrard had come, we would have see a MF of ---Lampard---Maka---Gerrard. Probably the strongest in the EPL. Jose would 'Never' keep Lampard on the bench in favour of Gerrard.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:23 am

And the reasons for this are simple - Gerrard doesn't play for Sh*tski, and

Mourinho is a c*nt.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:14 am

lando :D

chelski forever, your losing this, quit while your behind. gerrards better all round, whilst lampard is fat all round
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:49 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Some of you suggest if we got Gerrard Lampard would be on the bech.

I think you people who suggested that are insane and dont know your football too well.

If Gerrard had come, we would have see a MF of ---Lampard---Maka---Gerrard. Probably the strongest in the EPL. Jose would 'Never' keep Lampard on the bench in favour of Gerrard.

Well, I was suggesting if SG or Alonso had joined Chelsea with Lampard at the same time, Lampard would be on the bench for sure. So, you kind of twisted it. But I agree your formation if SG had joined Chelsea this year. But since you are without SG, we now have the best midfield in EPL with SG-Alonso-Hamann or Garcia.   :buttrock
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby jammydodger » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:35 pm

lol, you're crazy, Gerrard has the ability to perform regardless of who he's playing with, Lampards game has only developed in the last two years, since mr abramovich's millions bought the title...

Lampard better than Gerrard... psssh!
jammydodger

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:10 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:If Gerrard had come, we would have see a MF of ---Lampard---Maka---Gerrard. Probably the strongest in the EPL. Jose would 'Never' keep Lampard on the bench in favour of Gerrard.

But as it is Chelsea Forever it is LFC that now have the best pairing in the Prem.

Obviously I respect your opinion but even you must admit a Gerrard /Alonso combo trumps anything you could put alongside Lampard ?

Dealing more in depth with the head to heads between Lampard and Alonso he has only played against him 3 out of 5 matches last season that the 2 clubs played.

The first being Stamford Bridge and Gearrad wasn't playing, the second your over rated (IMO ) Lampard broke Alonso's ankle after 30 minutes of having to chase Alonso's shadow  :eyebrow

That meant they didn't go up against each other in the Carling Cup which leaves the CL Semi Final at Stamford Bridge(Alonso didn't play in the retuen leg but I'm sure you knew that after watching your player Gudjohnson plead with the ref to give Alonso a yellow (didn't matter in the end though did it and theres a certain justice in the Icelander missing a  sitter in the 95th minute isn;t there  :D

For me I'd say Alonso is the slightly better player myself over Gerrard and Lampard but in this hype obsessed media we have with the press gushing over the English players and paying little attention to Xabi that suits me fine tbh, Xabi Alonso , the best kept secret in the premiership but I'm sure after his recovery from that broken ankle you wil be hearing a  LOT from of Alonso this coming season.

Do let Fat Frank know his nemisis Xabi can't wait to see him again !!

Good Luck   :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion