Gerard houllier - The most dignified man in football?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC4EVER » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:15 pm

Since Gerard has left he has had nothing to say but positive things, for example on lfc.tv, he was saying how Mikey will come good, and during the press conference to announce his departure he spoke of his ongoing love for our club and how he will return to Anfield as a supporter. No jibes at players or staff, just a dignified exit. This seems to be differant compared to some other managers who sometimes say 'The club was run poorly - wasnt my fault'

We all must congratulate Gerard for taking the club forward - for a few seasons at least, and also the memories.

Im glad he left as he did, because I would hate there to just have been a statement from the club announcing him leaving so may I wish Gerard Houllier, a near-legend in my eyes, all the best in the future.

You really will never walk alone.
"Winning isnt everything. Its the only thing"
LFC4EVER

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:38 pm

Nicely put.

But its already been said...

Time to move on now mate, hopefully in 5 years after a few leauge titles can thank him again for laying the foundations. :)

He's left the club in good shape. Now lets see if Benitez can take us back to where we belong. :)
115-1073096938

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:52 pm

Give me millions for a half done job and I'll be friggin wonderful to you.
For Christ's sake the guy was a school teacher given a proper job he should never have taken.
The muppet had the friggin nerve to slag the management of Shanks & Paisley (but with typical skill not quite in those words).
Couldn't sort a spice rack
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:51 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Time to move on now mate, hopefully in 5 years after a few leauge titles can thank him again for laying the foundations. :)

He's left the club in good shape. Now lets see if Benitez can take us back to where we belong. :)

LEFT THE CLUB IN GOOD SHAPE MY ******!

Foundations; crumbling..best player considering a move
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:26 am

Are you blind?

Look at the players we have at our disposal. Look at Gerrards contract? You lot wanted Houllier out, as a result Gerrard now wants a move. You got what you wanted though didn't you?

Some people just don't think about the consequences of there actions.

If Gerrard wants to go, let him. He'll be replaced... just as all the rest were. He won't be welcomed back either.
115-1073096938

Postby JohnBull » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:04 am

Don't hang the move on Houllier's sacking You're letting Gerrard off the hook. He's going for the dosh, NOTHING else, just hasn't got the b alls to say so.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:10 am

Hello, i agree with mr Bull :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby blind » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:53 am

stu_the_red wrote:

Are you blind?

Look at the players we have at our disposal. Look at Gerrards contract? You lot wanted Houllier out, as a result Gerrard now wants a move. You got what you wanted though didn't you?

Some people just don't think about the consequences of there actions.

If Gerrard wants to go, let him. He'll be replaced... just as all the rest were. He won't be welcomed back either.

hay i'm blind.

Anyway the thing that getts me is that it does not matter what the Managers say to a player who wants a move they should tell him to put in a written transfer request therefore cancelling any Loyalty bonus that he he would be due and also making it plain that it is him that wants the move not the club for the money as some players try to make out when they move they are the injured party (Rio). So let him tell all those red fans that he does not want to play for the club anymore i bet he could not say it to us.

As for it being all about the money. I think it is 40-50% of the reason the rest will be does he see himself winning stuff in the short term with us. He wants medals. Bootom line as do all sports men and women. If i was Sg i would not be looking at Chelsea as they will be a short term sucess like blackburn where once Roman has won some trouphys it will be onto the next project and will not provide the unlimeted resources that they are currently enjoying. Personally if i was going to move from Lfc i would go abroad and try something new as that is the only way to realy test himself If he went to Spain Or Italy he would Learn alot.

The Question we have to ask ourselves is Who do we want to bring in to replace him?
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:43 am

how do you see the keys mate ???
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby taff » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:26 pm

Houllier left a solid foundation for the club to move forward and has sorted things out behind the scenes but the gap between him leaving and Benitez being apopointed has not helped the club at all and the vultures are out. 

That git Lampard should be concentrating on his next game instead of telling the press how great it would be to have Stevie out there.

Benitez has had to fly to an international chaompionship to have a word with key players because our board went on holiday and played it cool whilst the likes of Kenyon are wandering around stirring
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:47 pm

Dom1 wrote:how do you see the keys mate ???

i have a talking monitor and a brail key board dummy 1

taff you have got it spot on. Although Lfc where unable to name Bennie until he had served his 15 days notice with Valencia otherwise we would have had to pay them compo.

Kenyon should be told to f off by all prem clubs over the next 12 months just to put the manc ****** in his place(the gutter) The newspapers are just as much to blame as they are unsettling for players to read that this club may want yo uor that a deal has been done. Look at poor old Becks he was sold to barca before he knew what was going on. Chelsea should be very aware that the tv money is not going to carry on and soon Roman is going to get board and they will end up with a squad the size of a small third world country and a wage bill to match.

And as Benitez has said yopu can have the best players in the world but not the best team.

i.e. REAL MADRID.

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:50 pm

:D :D
Your monitor talks in gamma rays or binary??

BEST TEAM. that's how important it is. And Beni will cultivate this to all the players
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:58 pm

Thank the lord hes arrived and hes out in Portugal.
Nobody wants Gerrard or Owen to leave but Im a firm believer in the club and manager come first.  Now Benny is talking away we might see an end to the rumours.

I am concerned and p***ed off mind you about Kenyon and the rumours and hope LFC is streetwise enough to deal with this as those blue cockney wa***ers are trying to disrupt everybody.

Whilst Benny is there I hope he nips in and sees other LFC players as well
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:11 pm

already has spoken to Jamie and Sammie Lee.

Hopefully put this to bed as well.

Michael needs to sign though as soon as he gets back from Portugal other wise i can see the club taking a bid for him.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:41 pm

I think Michael wll sign again and I think it will be a 2 year extension. The story has it that Beni eas Michael's first choice so there is no reason for him not to give us two more years, his is only 24
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion